FSEARA 2015-2016 new season proposals

Old 05-07-2015, 06:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BullFrog
for saturdays to be added- here's what we dropped and other problems{
1) hotels expense
2) club actually used to give trophies at each race-
3) for the minregg race on saturdays they race oval and sunday in road course.
* 4) the only day I work is the 3rd saturday of the month- I get all my funds to race.
5) I'm usually the one that drivres the furtherest and I don't care. Race that are south of Valkaria are just to far for me personnely. The last races was 593 miles.
6) come up with a new race weekend (2nd or 4th weekend of the month).
7) almost forgot- we usued to race in the summer. * now we have several indoor tracks bring back summer racing.No more heat in A/C?
* There should not be another series running on Saturday causing added expense for the racers.The club races were to promote the clubs racers with the state racers.This way the club racers were not as scared of attending a state race.Showing them they could compete.
** The economy is still not that great to go back to a two day program for the newer racers.The local clubs/business have to do a better job of promoting the events. The only one I see really promoting anything is Valkaria! Promote the classes we race at you local events.
Classes we run in the past to get racers into the series:
Legends, F1 (you happy Troy). Legends are cheap and anyone can get one a set-it up quickly.Several of our old A main drivers started in this class! F1 - it seems to be the 4th time they tried this class. It's not for me(Troy). I'd rather see 17.5 1/12th. This is the orginal class (1/12th) the series started with.
As a suggestion for the series:
November a carpet race- it would be right before the Turkey race
this way there would be more races in a row for the birds. Or even have an early December race on carpet. Again practice for the birds. In Jan we thave the Minregg race right before the birds.
Bill,

Most of the racers who race on Saturday do race on Sunday.

I have an idea let's make a class for each racer. That way everyone can be a champion!

Lastly we all drive to a race. So you are not the only one who has far to travel.
Old 05-07-2015, 08:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I don't believe adding classes is the way to go. We have enough, we even had a "run what you brung" class this year and I don't believe we had one entry all year. The splitting of VTA just diluted the competition which from the outside looking in does not look good. It looks like every race has 3 or 4 guys versus the possibility of having 8 if they were combined. VTA is a good all around class, just need to stick with a rules set and go. We have WGT and SPEC 17.5 GT now, both have had low attendance all year.

We need to stop adding classes, this year was proof it does not work!
Old 05-07-2015, 08:01 AM
Tech Master

Hey racers. Would love to have the state race again at Minnreg. Got the dates booked January 11th.
Old 05-07-2015, 08:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

In short keep it simple
Fseara Rules are based off of Roar If Im not mistaken Fseara has been sanctioned in the past as a Roar series following Roar Rules with tweaks for the USVTA class
The classes should always have an open door policy regarding motors
restricting a motor brand rule for a specific class is not beneficial for the hobby or the series it's only beneficial for the manufacturer
Regarding low turnouts the schedule has to be looked at carefully this year to many races were at the same time as a Forgass series race was held so the series lost a couple of nitro racers not attending
Going to 2 days is not going to help anything in numbers or attendance
If you want to make the series more notable you need to look at bigger events to see what is making it more prestigious like the ETS getting manufacturers to support it & get behind the program will make it a bigger success
Who ever is or will be the president of Fseara I'm here with plenty of ideas & suggestions
Let's be productive and have the same goal aligned for the series if not we're just gonna be another group that is looked at that complains about change & nothing gets done
Old 05-07-2015, 09:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by GMartinez
In short keep it simple
Fseara Rules are based off of Roar If Im not mistaken Fseara has been sanctioned in the past as a Roar series following Roar Rules with tweaks for the USVTA class
The classes should always have an open door policy regarding motors
restricting a motor brand rule for a specific class is not beneficial for the hobby or the series it's only beneficial for the manufacturer
Regarding low turnouts the schedule has to be looked at carefully this year to many races were at the same time as a Forgass series race was held so the series lost a couple of nitro racers not attending
Going to 2 days is not going to help anything in numbers or attendance
If you want to make the series more notable you need to look at bigger events to see what is making it more prestigious like the ETS getting manufacturers to support it & get behind the program will make it a bigger success
Who ever is or will be the president of Fseara I'm here with plenty of ideas & suggestions
Let's be productive and have the same goal aligned for the series if not we're just gonna be another group that is looked at that complains about change & nothing gets done
I agree the schedule needs to be looked at Carefully and I am glad to help with if I can.

Interesting, you say two day events won't make a difference but you make reference to ETS which is highly successful with tons of MFR support AND it is a multi-day event that is well attended. For the most part, the more prestigious races are two or more day events. There aren't a ton of highly attended events that are one day events, FSEARA events shouldn't be either.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but going back in time, aren't the best days of FSEARA during the times when we had two day events? We have voted for the same thing for at least the last 5 years(the amount of time I have been back into racing R/C) and Attendance has either stayed the same or decreased during that time. We need to change what we have been doing to get a different result. Things do not Magically get better, they have to be made better.

AND....there are only a couple of differences than what we have now and the 2-Day event I am proposing...We spend $1,000's to race these things, take a ton of time preparing to make them as good as possible and some of us are letting a $50-$60 Hotel Room determine if we can go to a race or not. I just don't get it....Waking up at the Ass-crack of ddawn...driving 593 miles round trip, fitting in 3 qualifiers and a main and getting home at midnight cannot be desirable or fun. There ain't no freakin' way!
Old 05-07-2015, 09:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Robertcooper88
I agree the schedule needs to be looked at Carefully and I am glad to help with if I can.

Interesting, you say two day events won't make a difference but you make reference to ETS which is highly successful with tons of MFR support AND it is a multi-day event that is well attended. For the most part, the more prestigious races are two or more day events. There aren't a ton of highly attended events that are one day events, FSEARA events shouldn't be either.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but going back in time, aren't the best days of FSEARA during the times when we had two day events? We have voted for the same thing for at least the last 5 years(the amount of time I have been back into racing R/C) and Attendance has either stayed the same or decreased during that time. We need to change what we have been doing to get a different result. Things do not Magically get better, they have to be made better.

AND....there are only a couple of differences than what we have now and the 2-Day event I am proposing...We spend $1,000's to race these things, take a ton of time preparing to make them as good as possible and some of us are letting a $50-$60 Hotel Room determine if we can go to a race or not. I just don't get it....Waking up at the Ass-crack of ddawn...driving 593 miles round trip, fitting in 3 qualifiers and a main and getting home at midnight cannot be desirable or fun. There ain't no freakin' way!
And for Minnreg....I'm sure we could work something out to have a couple of Qualifiers on Saturday night instead of practicing all night long. 2 Qualifiers Saturday night after oval, 3 and a main on Sunday?? Just a thought, doesn't seem impossible...and you can sleep at Minnreg and don't have to pay for a room. Would have to ask Mike but that doesn't seem impossible does it?
Old 05-07-2015, 09:27 AM
pbr
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

It seems that USVTA and VTA sure gets a lot of debates . But one thing I have seen ,with so many of the cars running close in times . From a person that just works on the cars and watching the drivers . The drivers for the most part are haveing a great time . I see more giving a position back if they get tangled up with someone. Gaining or lossing a postion on the last lap, do to a mistake being made (Pete) Thanks lol (But dose not apply to Dave Franklin) He is just about flawless . Also want to say thanks for the people that take on the job of running the races and putting the program together . You can't please eveyone . Just have to remember it just a hobby have fun. Also would like to thank Dave Franklin ( He took a parts of his car, so Chris could race in the main. And also for the help from the Parson's . Also the places that we get to race at .
Old 05-07-2015, 09:37 AM
pbr
Tech Adept

If Im not mistaken . Was the regionals not run at Nuggets in Februray . I was there for 2 days . Not a Big turn out and not promoted very well . If it wasn,t for Chucks phone call we would have missed it
Old 05-07-2015, 09:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by pbr
It seems that USVTA and VTA sure gets a lot of debates . But one thing I have seen ,with so many of the cars running close in times . From a person that just works on the cars and watching the drivers . The drivers for the most part are haveing a great time . I see more giving a position back if they get tangled up with someone. Gaining or lossing a postion on the last lap, do to a mistake being made (Pete) Thanks lol (But dose not apply to Dave Franklin) He is just about flawless . Also want to say thanks for the people that take on the job of running the races and putting the program together . You can't please eveyone . Just have to remember it just a hobby have fun. Also would like to thank Dave Franklin ( He took a parts of his car, so Chris could race in the main. And also for the help from the Parson's . Also the places that we get to race at .
Well Stated, I agree 100%. So everyone knows, I am only proposing ideas to try and make things better. We are all typing and things can come off wrong. I just want to see things get a little better, not trying to piss anyone off or put anyone down. Just trying to propose changes that can lead to a better time!
Old 05-07-2015, 09:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by pbr
If Im not mistaken . Was the regionals not run at Nuggets in Februray . I was there for 2 days . Not a Big turn out and not promoted very well . If it wasn,t for Chucks phone call we would have missed it
You are correct, Regionals was not well attended and kind of popped up. Not 100% sure on the reasons for that. BUT......wasn't it a good, relaxing time? Didn't we get out of there on Sunday at a reasonable hour? I had an awesome time that weekend, one of the best times I have had racing.
Old 05-07-2015, 01:23 PM
Tech Champion

[QUOTE=Robertcooper88;13997761]I agree the schedule needs to be looked at Carefully and I am glad to help with if I can.

Interesting, you say two day events won't make a difference but you make reference to ETS which is highly successful with tons of MFR support AND it is a multi-day event that is well attended. For the most part, the more prestigious races are two or more day events. There aren't a ton of highly attended events that are one day events, FSEARA events shouldn't be either

Rob the point Im trying to make is the ETS is getting the manufacturers support compare apples to apples what support is Fseara getting
We need to get the manufacturers to support it not by just simply donating goods but work with them to send Factory drivers to attend do seminars to help new drivers etc
If you take an estimate on how many drivers you know now that will attend and look at the gap of what's actual how can you grow it is what it is there is no replenish rate fast enough to how many were losing this goes in all types of racing/classes
I trully believe we can get some nitro drivers to attend were working on similar ideas on how to get the crossover
Old 05-07-2015, 01:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

[QUOTE=GMartinez;13998181]
Originally Posted by Robertcooper88

Interesting, you say two day events won't make a difference but you make reference to ETS which is highly successful with tons of MFR support AND it is a multi-day event that is well attended. For the most part, the more prestigious races are two or more day events. There aren't a ton of highly attended events that are one day events, FSEARA events shouldn't be either

Rob the point Im trying to make is the ETS is getting the manufacturers support compare apples to apples what support is Fseara getting
We need to get the manufacturers to support it not by just simply donating goods but work with them to send Factory drivers to attend do seminars to help new drivers etc
If you take an estimate on how many drivers you know now that will attend and look at the gap of what's actual how can you grow it is what it is there is no replenish rate fast enough to how many were losing this goes in all types of racing/classes
I trully believe we can get some nitro drivers to attend were working on similar ideas on how to get the crossover
I agree George, 100%. but they are not going to send Team Drivers for one day, not going to happen.
Old 05-07-2015, 04:04 PM
Tech Champion

[QUOTE=Robertcooper88;13998215]
Originally Posted by GMartinez

I agree George, 100%. but they are not going to send Team Drivers for one day, not going to happen.
You never know until you try
Old 05-07-2015, 04:09 PM
Tech Champion

We would also like to maintain our Usual month selection March dates TBA awaiting Forgass schedule
Old 05-07-2015, 04:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

the larger attended State races the numbers have always come the local turnout. banking on racers traveling is the wrong approach for a race. the last two races the hotels were over $150 a night. do a two day race and we are back to staying two nights. ugh! i can't afford that on a regular basis. i like the club race saturday/state race sunday format, just makes for a long day sunday-it also takes out the rocket round sunday morning. now, running a different tire saturday.....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.