FSEARA Race 7,MDI Racing @ Royal Palm Beach

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FSEARA Race 7,MDI Racing @ Royal Palm Beach

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 08:09 AM
Regional Moderator

Seems like this is building up to be an exciting race! Can't wait to travel to a new track and run another FSEARA race. See everyone there
Old 10-14-2005, 08:45 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Location, location, location

Miami, Royal Palm, Lauderdale, Daytona.....What's the difference? It's all "East Coast" and kinda blends together. Don't they call it the greater Miami / Fort Lauderdale area? Is it really royal? Can I sit on the throne? Wherever it's at, we'll have fun!
Old 10-14-2005, 08:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Mark, if you require a throne, we can build a throne !!!!! And it will not be a Port A Potty
Old 10-14-2005, 08:56 AM
Tech Champion

Lets get a idea of how many trucks we will have. ?

I will be running one.. who else ?
Old 10-15-2005, 06:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Tim both Rocky and myself were going to bring our if they were going to run. But it looks like not so we'll leave them home.
Truck class: Just to throw some fire out there - if someone has a set of tires marked for a previous race is that new is that a used set. It's marked for a race and did not get used. Not if someone did and scuffed them up to look used how are you going to tell?
As I said in the other thread - gentlemans agreements tend to go out the door when you race for points.This is the real world.
Old 10-15-2005, 07:39 AM
Tech Champion

I hear ya in the gentlemans agreement Bill. I have some ideas to try and keep it as low key as possible ( doubt they will work )
Old 10-15-2005, 09:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Gentlemens agreementt with tires will work!!! Come on guys, these are toy cars!!!!! Oh I mean Trucks!!!! No one is going home with cash prices, Truck class is to use older equipment and enjoy additional track time with friends. Bill, if you want to win that bad, you can use new tires or whatever you are talking about with scuffs or last race labeled , but I doubt they would help you anyway All the "gentlemen" in the class will be running used tires and enjoying themselves, while leaving the new tires and serious stuff for the other classes! I will have my truck for this race Tim!!! Can't wait!!
Old 10-15-2005, 10:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Tim I not running in that class. You can be cute by calling them anything you want. When you travel several hours(with or with out a trailerl/travel home),gas and hotel it's just alittle more that a toy. I've got a very expensive toy car just sitting in the garage since 1984.
You haven't been around to long. I've seen the gentleman's agreements before, good luck with this class. Flexible rules for the newcomer that might want to race this call. I just telling you need to be real.

Last edited by BullFrog; 10-15-2005 at 11:06 AM.
Old 10-15-2005, 11:21 AM
Tech Champion

Good post Tim
Old 10-15-2005, 12:28 PM
Tech Master

BILL,

I am not going to debate with you, as I can see you read but don't hear, but I am going to try and explain my view on this. I have been around racing r/c cars a very long time, for over twenty years, now. In fact I raced this series back in the early 80's, with a 12e car, when all there was was three classes of 12th scale. Hell I raced the 1985 IFMAR worlds in off-road and was invited to the worlds for on-road in 1986 in england, but could not attend due to college. So please don't insult me when you do not have your facts straight. You have a one track mind when it comes to anything other than the class you want to run. 1/10th scale pan class has come and gone, yes it would be fun again maybe, but then again if it is so fun, why did it disappear from this series? We are only trying to get a class that is easy on the pocket book, and still be fun for all. There are several other classes one can run and be serious and chase points for a championship. The truck class, with it gentlemans rules is meant to be FUN,and be run by anyone, even with inferior or outdated equipment. Why can't you get that in your head? Can't you tell that we really don't care who wins, just as long as we all get along and enjoy ourselves? When was the last time you saw everyone leave the drivers stand with big smiles, like when we ran them at the last race? Even the spectators enjoyed the close racing/crashing! Plus, why do you really care about the rules for a class that you don't even plan on racing? You can assemble a group to run your 10th scale pan cars and you set-up the rules for it, we will decide what rules we will use for the trucks, and everyone will be happy! Oh and by the way, no hard feelings, as opinions are like ***holes, everyone's got one!!

Oh yeah, you say you have a 10th scale pan car in the garage from 1984?, I don't think they were around that early, wasn't that the year of the RC-10?
Old 10-15-2005, 06:35 PM
Tech Master

Can Bill please put on a Nastruck body and run his pan car with this class?
Old 10-15-2005, 06:43 PM
Tech Master

Is there enough power at the track or do we need to bring the jenny? Pit space?
Old 10-15-2005, 07:00 PM
Tech Champion

rcgen,

We have covered pit space for about 12. I will take pictures so you guys can see what I am talking about. People can setup tables adjacent to the pit space, but it will not be covered. We also have an area to the north side or the track, that has power for people that setup tents ( 4 or so tents).

Pit space is first come first serve. We have a lot of parking, the community center is 100 meters away, so there is place that has A/C and bathrooms, as well as vending machines with cold drinks.

Remember, the lights will be on till 10:30 Friday and Saturday nights. When they go off ( timer) it GETS REAL DARK....
Old 10-15-2005, 09:21 PM
Tech Master

Tim,
I think I asked at the nats, but must have forgot, do you have room there for my motorhome? Can I stay the night in it parked there? How far away from the track will I be parked if so?
Old 10-16-2005, 07:05 AM
Tech Champion

Tim,

I will ask about the you staying in the motorhome, but I do not see it as being a problem at all. There is plenty of space, and the park administrator has already OK'd the trailers being there overnight. As a side note for people with trailers, It is in a good neighborhood, so I do not believe security is in question.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.