Wiki Posts
Search

FSEARA - News and Notes for next season

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 02:04 PM
ASM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Boehmler bringing his "A game" to the table. I like the idea of mixing classes if needed so that everybody has a chance to run what they like.
Old 06-02-2014, 02:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cneyedog
I've been lurking ..... reading suggestions from everyone ..... so imho ..... would this seem like a respectable lineup of classes for next season ?

Modified

17.5 TC

13.5 TC

17.5 Novice (if enough entries say 3, otherwise they run with run what ya brung)

VTA

USGT

Pan Car class of choice, whatever has the best support

Run what ya brung class for new racers.

Put them all on there ....... with this stipulation.

Less then 3 USGT cars show up, they run WITH VTA but scored seperately IMSA road racing style .... if the support is there..... they run their own qualifier.

Less then 3 novice class 17.5's show up, they run with the run what ya brung scored seperately IMSA road racing style...... as these are both "beginner" classes.

I only say that as that may be a way to get guys to show up to run their own class more regularly..... if there isint enough then running them together would save time in the race program from running extra races AND if 2 guys travel to wherever ..... to race FSEARA they will get to run ..... otherwise if you do 3 or more to make a class ...... they would be out of luck.

If running a class within a class is a hassle ....... I get that ...... but its just an idea. I think this lineup though would give the beginner to the experienced racer a place to fit in and come run the series.

Rich Boehmler
money!!!
I think this is a great way to do things since rc scoring pro can score them separately and it could bring new racers to the series
Old 06-02-2014, 02:33 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Rich I'm with ya BUT I don't think mixing VTA and Usgt
Is a good idea AT ALL they should all go into the run what
Ya brung class every thing els is perfect
Old 06-02-2014, 02:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcpaintinpete
How about making VTA open to all USGT and VTA bodies? Same motors, same tires? that way it is one class.

I think Rich's idea is great!
Old 06-02-2014, 02:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (96%+)

Originally Posted by rcpaintinpete
Also, need to mention that the USGT guys also run VTA. They want to run two classes.
Old 06-02-2014, 02:49 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Thumbs up

I'm just gonna shut my mouth now
See ya at the track
Old 06-02-2014, 02:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (96%+)

Originally Posted by BullFrog
I'll put my .02 cents worth. I like the idea of run what you brung class. Another TC class (USGT) we have enough. Rather see another pan car class (Spec GT-17.5). Blast away.......
No one is going to blast you, Bill. But here's the reality - you and Dave Willits are the only ones that have shown an interest in this class. You two need to do some lobbying to convert some others to your cause.
Old 06-02-2014, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ground-round
No one is going to blast you, Bill. But here's the reality - you and Dave Willits are the only ones that have shown an interest in this class. You two need to do some lobbying to convert some others to your cause.
thanks once again for the consideration, either way it will be a fun year of racing
Old 06-02-2014, 03:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 107 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cneyedog
I've been lurking ..... reading suggestions from everyone ..... so imho ..... would this seem like a respectable lineup of classes for next season ?

Modified

17.5 TC

13.5 TC

17.5 Novice (if enough entries say 3, otherwise they run with run what ya brung)

VTA

USGT

Pan Car class of choice, whatever has the best support

Run what ya brung class for new racers.

Put them all on there ....... with this stipulation.

Less then 3 USGT cars show up, they run WITH VTA but scored seperately IMSA road racing style .... if the support is there..... they run their own qualifier.

Less then 3 novice class 17.5's show up, they run with the run what ya brung scored seperately IMSA road racing style...... as these are both "beginner" classes.

I only say that as that may be a way to get guys to show up to run their own class more regularly..... if there isint enough then running them together would save time in the race program from running extra races AND if 2 guys travel to wherever ..... to race FSEARA they will get to run ..... otherwise if you do 3 or more to make a class ...... they would be out of luck.

If running a class within a class is a hassle ....... I get that ...... but its just an idea. I think this lineup though would give the beginner to the experienced racer a place to fit in and come run the series.

Rich Boehmler

+1 I'm ok with this, like I said before I'll will run VTA and USGT,cars are ready to go!
Old 06-02-2014, 03:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

None of the classes NEED to be run together , was just a suggestion ....... might be more trouble then its worth in the long run ...... especially if the usgt guys wanna run VTA and vice versa..... kinda hard to run yer vta AND usgt at the same time

There is plenty of time to get things sorted out and nothing is set in stone yet ......... this thread is just to kick around ideas and see between all of us what we can come up with.
Old 06-02-2014, 03:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

How about open class Legends?

Any 2s lipo, any brushless motor, any speed control with all of the boost your heart desires. The only rule is it has to be a Legend chassis and body.

Jk.....
Old 06-02-2014, 04:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Keep doing what we are doing. Momentum is building. I like the idea of USGT class if people will actually show up and support it. I can't wait to practice modified and have some digger monster truck throw down on the track....
Old 06-02-2014, 04:51 PM
Tech Master

Last edited by chiefj48; 06-02-2014 at 06:19 PM.
Old 06-02-2014, 05:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I like donuts.

Last edited by turbodog; 06-03-2014 at 03:42 AM.
Old 06-02-2014, 05:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I do not care what classes we run. However I believe the people who run in the series should be doing the voting. The people who do not support the series should not be making any suggestions. So many times people make suggestions, and then never show up!

We use to have a good Masters Class. But that went away so did a lot of those old racers.

Now if you really what to help the series. Help out Jeff, Troy and Katfish. I believe they all did an excellent job this year.

I would like to see something done about registration. I believe no one should be allowed to practice until they register. This way the heats can be set up in a timely manner.

With regards to what classes we run. What we have is fine with me but here is the problem with to many classes. You have only 3 or 4 for some of the classes show up at a race. So if that is what everyone wants go for it.

Here is my list:
13.5 or Mod? Which every the racers want or both if supported
VTA
USGT if enough support it. Could be a Novice class if you allow a person to run with everything the same but the body. Let a newbie run a TC body.
World GT - If enough racers support it. Least amount of entries every year.

If you want to get more people racing, help a newbie out! So many times I see seasoned racers chew out a newbie because they got in their way. Put yourself in their shoes. What would also help is setting up the heats by points and forget the resort. That way you can keep newbies or even slower racers in their own heats.

I enjoy this hobby a ton. I may be a B-Main racer (To Old and Slow) but I have fun doing it. It is always fun to see my racing buddies. I have made many friends. I race my car and take some pics for you all to enjoy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.