Like Tree63Likes

Village Raceway in Royal Palm Beach

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 08:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by astgerma52sp
I'll try to be there but it'll be after 9am
Thanks for the support Andy. But we've decided to postpone the painting to a later date. We spent some time today talking to local businesses and we're optimistic that we'll be able to get some support to lighten the financial burden. We'll let everyone know once we're ready to paint. Thanks.
Old 01-24-2015, 01:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dbme
Thanks for the support Andy. But we've decided to postpone the painting to a later date. We spent some time today talking to local businesses and we're optimistic that we'll be able to get some support to lighten the financial burden. We'll let everyone know once we're ready to paint. Thanks.
Thanks for letting me know. Would have hate to drive up and be the only one there!
Old 01-24-2015, 01:03 PM
Tech Addict

Default Next race

Hey dbme, are you planning on attending the next state race or the superior hobbies full throttle road series?
Old 01-26-2015, 02:23 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by astgerma52sp
Hey dbme, are you planning on attending the next state race or the superior hobbies full throttle road series?
I'm not sure of the next race that I'll be going to. But I'm pretty sure Robert and a couple other guys from the track will be going to the State Races.
Old 01-26-2015, 07:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hey Andy,

I will be at Snowbirds this week. Then we have regionals in February at Nugget Ranch in Arcadia on 2/20 and 2/21.

Let me know if you will be going.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:17 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Robertcooper88
Hey Andy,

I will be at Snowbirds this week. Then we have regionals in February at Nugget Ranch in Arcadia on 2/20 and 2/21.

Let me know if you will be going.
I won't be able to make it to either of those events. I'll b able to go to the March race at full throttle and the one at our track. Thanks for letting me know.
Old 02-09-2015, 06:42 PM
Tech Addict

It's that time again. We'll be having a track work day on Saturday February 28th (9AM) to paint the track. If we're unable to finish everything on Saturday, we'll also be there on Sunday, March 1st to finish. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 02-13-2015, 06:47 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey guys not sure if you remember me but i was the new guy that came out a few times with yall before the track was torn down. well long story short, due to consistent bad weather and some bad luck on my end i got a bit burnt out and dropped the hobby
i visit the skate park almost every day and i noticed the track was being worked on again and after coming on here i see that yall are looking to get it set up again.
well if thats the case i think i may give it another try since i look at the track every day from the skate part and miss every moment of it.

if i can get confirmation that the track will be up and running soon ill start hunting for a chassis and ill gladly volunteer for anything to help get the track back up again.

ill need some help setting up which ever car i get and ill probably be bugging everyone for some tech and parts tips but i would love to get back into the hobby and maintain a consistent showing if im welcomed

if you need any help with anything feel free to call or text me at 561-601-4550, my name is Roberto and i live 5min away from the track so nothing would be last minute for me
Old 02-14-2015, 07:07 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by metalrocks12
hey guys not sure if you remember me but i was the new guy that came out a few times with yall before the track was torn down. well long story short, due to consistent bad weather and some bad luck on my end i got a bit burnt out and dropped the hobby
i visit the skate park almost every day and i noticed the track was being worked on again and after coming on here i see that yall are looking to get it set up again.
well if thats the case i think i may give it another try since i look at the track every day from the skate part and miss every moment of it.

if i can get confirmation that the track will be up and running soon ill start hunting for a chassis and ill gladly volunteer for anything to help get the track back up again.

ill need some help setting up which ever car i get and ill probably be bugging everyone for some tech and parts tips but i would love to get back into the hobby and maintain a consistent showing if im welcomed

if you need any help with anything feel free to call or text me at 561-601-4550, my name is Roberto and i live 5min away from the track so nothing would be last minute for me
My advice is to find out what most people are running and get the same car. It will be easier to get help and advice from others that have the same car. Keep an eye on this thread. Dave and cooper do a great job providing information. there's an upcoming day to paint at the end of this month.
Old 02-14-2015, 03:33 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yea ill stop by when you guys paint and help out. That way I can pick your brains on what to get. I won't buy anything untill I know exactly what I want/need. I have made that mistake before lol
Old 02-25-2015, 09:38 AM
Tech Master

Trying to slowly gather up some 1/12 stuff to give onroad a try. I'll mainly be practicing, might enter a race or two, but it's mostly to help me learn to drive. Was wondering what compound tires work best for this track? Also, what size are most 1/12 racers trueing their tires to?
Old 02-26-2015, 03:42 PM
Tech Addict

Track Workday: This weekend's weather isn't looking good for our Track Workday. We'll wait until tomorrow to see if the forecast changes before we reschedule our work day.

Originally Posted by Hinecken
Trying to slowly gather up some 1/12 stuff to give onroad a try. I'll mainly be practicing, might enter a race or two, but it's mostly to help me learn to drive. Was wondering what compound tires work best for this track? Also, what size are most 1/12 racers trueing their tires to?
We haven't had a steady 1/12th class at our track for a while. I believe I used to run double pink tires front and rear. Tire size depends on how competitive you want to be. For our track 1.80" front tires and 1.85" rear tires is what I think I used to start with. Maybe Mr. Vera will see this post and be able to help you a little better with 1/12th questions.
Old 02-27-2015, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dbme
Track Workday: This weekend's weather isn't looking good for our Track Workday. We'll wait until tomorrow to see if the forecast changes before we reschedule our work day.

We haven't had a steady 1/12th class at our track for a while. I believe I used to run double pink tires front and rear. Tire size depends on how competitive you want to be. For our track 1.80" front tires and 1.85" rear tires is what I think I used to start with. Maybe Mr. Vera will see this post and be able to help you a little better with 1/12th questions.
I appreciate the response. Not really looking to compete, just want to learn to follow a proper line and I really like the simplicity of the designs. I'm an off-road guy at heart, but this track is minutes from my house and easy to get some practice laps in. A good buddy of mine already owns a pan car and he'll be coming out to rip some laps as well. Hey, maybe if people see 1/12's out there it may spark and interest. Again, thanks for the information, gives me a starting point.
Old 02-27-2015, 03:28 PM
Tech Addict

Rain + Paint = Bad
This weekends weather forecast looks wet. We've rescheduled our track workday to next Saturday (March 7th) at 9AM.
Old 02-27-2015, 08:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hinecken
I appreciate the response. Not really looking to compete, just want to learn to follow a proper line and I really like the simplicity of the designs. I'm an off-road guy at heart, but this track is minutes from my house and easy to get some practice laps in. A good buddy of mine already owns a pan car and he'll be coming out to rip some laps as well. Hey, maybe if people see 1/12's out there it may spark and interest. Again, thanks for the information, gives me a starting point.
Before the track was vandalized, I purchased a VBC Lighting 12. Hopefully I will get out there on Thur and Fri some times. Was hoping there was a night race time during the week, since I work weekends. If not, I'll be bashing out there for fun.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.