Coral Springs Dirt Oval

Old 08-01-2015, 07:46 PM
Tech Adept

Default 1/10 Sprint

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pm8vRKbJH8

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

1/8 Sprint wasn't necessarily the prettiest but was awesome at the same time. I bet you won't try a shortcut across the infield of this track

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4WbrKkcLfE

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Last edited by L.Wade; 08-01-2015 at 08:07 PM.
Old 08-02-2015, 03:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Awesome day of racing props to the track crew for the amazing facilities once again had a lot of fun track was awesome 17.5 latemodel was a nice big class had my heart pounding as I lead them into turn one all the way to the end thanks everyone for the competition can't wait for two weeks to go do battle again and see if I can hold'em off once again
Old 08-02-2015, 03:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Old 08-02-2015, 07:49 PM
Tech Adept

Default Best of the Southeast Dirt Oval Series #1 Race

Congratulations to all the winners in Saturday's race. We finally had some cooperation with the weather and got race #1 in for the Best of the Southeast Dirt Oval Series. This is a 1 drop race in a 4 race Series. If anyone wants to compete in the Series you still have time.

We had a good turn out and everyone had fun. There were a few people that wanted to come but could not make it this time. Tommy was on a vacation trip but will be back next race.

The track turned out great. We made an adjustment in prep routine. We had less tire wear at the expense of just a fraction of lap times. Russ S. was in the 7.1's with his 1/10 sprint while Kerry and myself had 6.8's in 1/8 Sprint. That's crazy fast on a track this size by any standards. With having good clay to the core we can adjust and practically put it where we want to.

17.5 Bomber
1st Place winner Kerry, also fast lap 8.688
TQ Paul S.
This was a close race with Paul S. only 0.72 seconds behind the winner for 2nd. This was cool seeing how the track is so big and it depends solely on the car/driver instead of who can run the gantlet. We had fun in this class. A new quality battery made a big difference in mine. Now I just need to order the right gear.

1/10 Sprint Car ** Series

1st Place winner Russ S, also fast lap 7.164
TQ Russ S.
Russ has been showing the way in 1/10 Sprint. Bill Davis in 2nd followed by Paul S. in 3rd. It's amazing how fast these guys are pushing these 1/10 scales down the straights. It's insane and you'd have to be there to appreciate it.

Nitro Late Model
Heats only for 2 cars\
Kerry 38 laps Round 2
Sean B. ran a 7.4 fast lap in Round 2
This was a test run more or less. Kerry had a new motor and was keeping it fat. Was Sean's LM debut with his Picco Torque engines. That car has got lots of ponies that's for sure!! He got a chance to feel it out. Time to order some parts

17.5 Late Model ** Series
There was A & B Qualifier
1st Place winner Johnny “The Lightning” Combs, also fast lap 7.928
TQ Bill Davis
This was a real shootout to the end!! Johnny jumped out in the lead first lap kept it out front the entire race. Bill Davis was only 0.967 seconds behind him when they crossed the finish line!! Followed by Raybo Combs in 3rd. Nice to have Raybo racing at Springs. He won his qualifier in round 2. Good job bro. I have a feeling this is going to be tight with these guys but they have to step it because Johnny won't be giving up the crown easily.

1/8 Sprint
1st Place winner Wade
TQ Kerry, also fast lap 6.837
This was a lot of fun. Kerry is back driving his #17 machine. Sean debuted his brand spanking new car. He got a chance to feel things out with all his cars and has an idea what he needs to do to spank our tail. He's in the off season of running full scale dirt oval cars.

Back to the 1/8 sprint race...we all had fast cars. Russ had a problem on the start. A few of us during the race got too close to the inside retainer. That was my problem last race. No short cuts across this infield buddy. There's plenty of room in the lane but we all want to pick up time on the apex. My car handled fairly well after some changes. I broke in both qualifiers. I ran a little lean with a newer engine but stayed in there. I pushed when I could and held back when I had to.

I will have the names of all the prize winners tomorrow. That's right, some sweet sponsored giveaways.

Best of the Southeast Dirt Oval Series Race 1 Results
Best of the Southeast Dirt Oval Series Race 1 Expanded Results

*** Next race August 15th ***

Last edited by L.Wade; 08-03-2015 at 11:17 AM.
Old 08-02-2015, 08:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

I like that name "The Lightning"����
Old 08-02-2015, 08:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Johnny Lightning might have to be my new name thanks Wade
Old 08-03-2015, 07:09 PM
Tech Adept

Default Saturday 8th Tune Day

This Saturday 8th we will open the oval for tune & practice day. The track will be light prepped no additives.
Practice fee is $5.

There's quite a few of us going so it will be a good time to come out and get those cars fine tuned for Aug 15th race. If anyone is interested in running the series and has missed the first race, now is the time to try your cars. Must attend 3 races for the series classes and there's 3 left

+ YouTube Video
Old 08-04-2015, 05:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by L.Wade
This Saturday 8th we will open the oval for tune & practice day. The track will be light prepped no additives.
Practice fee is $5.

There's quite a few of us going so it will be a good time to come out and get those cars fine tuned for Aug 15th race. If anyone is interested in running the series and has missed the first race, now is the time to try your cars. Must attend 3 races for the series classes and there's 3 left

+ YouTube Video
Old 08-07-2015, 03:59 AM
Tech Regular

Practice fee is $5.

+ YouTube Video
Originally Posted by Oldschoolrcer
Old 08-09-2015, 07:35 AM
Tech Adept

Default Race #2

We all had fun with testing & tuning day at the track. Was nice to see four new faces from Delray track come out for the first time. They will be pleasantly surprised when the see race day prep

It's good to get out and experience different tracks we're lucky to live where there's some nearby dirt oval racing. Everyone is invited to race with us.

Our next race is Aug 15th which is part of our Best of the Southeast Dirt Oval Series and will be Race #2.

Anyone who has not participated there is still time!!!!! This is a 4 race event with 1 drop for 17.5 Late Model & 1/10 Sprint and so far only one in the books!!

Our first race was rained out so there will be a make up race at the end of the schedule. Anyone who wants to compete in the Series for the right to be called the Best in the Southeast Dirt Oval Champ, nice trophies, and a banquet awards ceremony with food & nice prizes....come on and give it a shot.

August 15th Gates open @ 8:00
Racing starts around 10:30
All classes series & non-series will run
Old 08-10-2015, 06:01 AM
Tech Regular

Race two this Saturday!
Everyone bring your 17.5 Late Model & 1/10 Sprints. This is a 4 race event with 1 drop. Your racing for nice trophies,
prizes, having a killer banquet, and bragging rights. Prizes will be for the Series racers. The Banquet is for everyone!!
Lots of food, chicken wings, etc. Again I want to remind everyone that the last Series the track gave away over $800
in prizes and a Custom Works 1/10 Sprint Car!!

If your a dirt oval racer don't let anything keep you away from this one.
Every dirt oval and non-dirt oval racer on the planet is invited.

Race entry for Series is $15 per series class. There is a $30 cap.
If you reach $30 including Series class entries, all your other classes are free!!

Non-series classes are $15 with $5 any additional.

You will be given a raffle ticket for your Series class for drawings

Must run at least 3 of the 4 races to be eligible for prizes.
Tickets will be distributed at the banquet. Must be present to win
Personalized trophies will be ordered after final points calculated.
Banquet date TBA after final series race. Try to accommodate everyone's schedule

Any questions just ask. This is going to be a lot of fun!!!

Old 08-11-2015, 09:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Can't wait for round two Hope to keep seeing new faces I like seeing the classes getting bigger
Old 08-12-2015, 08:03 AM
Tech Adept

Default Saturday 15th Race #2

Only 3 more days until Race #2 !!!! There's going to be some tight competition this week !!!!

There's 3 races left in the Series and only 3 needed to to be in the points race. Any who hasn't made to the track you can use the 1st race as your drop. 1/10 Sprint & 17.5 Late Model are the Series classes. All other classes will run. Let's go!!

Gates Open @ 8:00
Racing starts around 10:30

Remember there is a $30 cap on entry. You will not spend over $30 to race even if you run both series classes all else if free !!!

Last edited by L.Wade; 08-12-2015 at 08:14 AM.
Old 08-14-2015, 05:11 PM
Tech Adept

The track is prepped and ready go

See everyone in the morning!
Old 08-14-2015, 08:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks Wade can't wait to get there the double deuce is ready to rip with a new batch of ponys under the hood oh ya Johnny Lightning is going to be smiling

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.