Wiki Posts
Search

Coral Springs Dirt Oval

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2015, 07:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by L.Wade
Hadn't long got home from prepping the track. Me and Drew put 5 hrs in it so it's going to be what we all expect from Springs

The track looked good when we got there but to bring everyone the best track possible we completely rework that sucker every time no matter what. We aim to bring a fast consistent track.

It's going to be a late night getting ready but is well worth it. See you guys tomorrow.
Thanks Wade and Drew! Sorry I couldn't make it to help today. I'm sure you guys did a great job as usual. See you in the AM...
Old 07-05-2015, 06:08 PM
Tech Adept

Default This is one fast track!!!!

Fast Lap and new Track Record 6.739 in 1/8 Sprint!!! Holy

I'll post some more soon as I get a chance. For now is a video from today.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 07-05-2015, 06:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

That is one bad fast track... Looking forward to getting on it next race...
Old 07-05-2015, 08:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Very fast thank wade and drew for your hard work new track records across the board you guy's do a top notch job I was able to pass on the out side line that says a lot about side by side also like to thank Mike and Tommy for putting on another killer race day can't wait for the points series confidence level is very high right now with that latemodel back to back wins this weekend and a new 17.5 record (I freak'n love this place)
Old 07-07-2015, 09:49 AM
Tech Adept

Okay, first let me say that any video recorded from the drivers stand will not do much justice. You have to be at ground level to get a better perspective and to appreciate the speed these cars are going on a clay dirt oval track. They are hauling

Special thanks to Drew. We spent quite a few hours on the track pre-race day. We didn't settle for a touch up even though the track looked good before prepping. We shot for the stars and it showed race day. Can we keep it up? Of course we can! Thanks to the track president Mike Honcho for an endless list of things. Lastly but not least is thanks to Paul S. for a great drivers meeting & calling races like no other! Paul makes the races exciting on the speaker and he does it dirt oval style.

We knew weeks ago that we had a super fast track...and now being opened for the long haul and maintained often we also knew it would get even better. We did not predict this much. Just to give a few highlights in my mind from race day.

We have track records for fast lap that we shoot for. These are class by class plus overall fastest lap record. The overall fastest lap was 7.095 coming into Sunday's race set by a 1/8 Sprint 4wd. A time thought hard to be beaten. Russ S. took his 1/10 EDM 2wd out on a green track in the 1st round and shattered that record using foam tires at a whopping 6.857 secs...two tenths quicker!! I repeat, this was with a 2wd chassis 10.5.

*Note: the foam tires used was just a test. We race with rubber tires in all classes.

I ended up retaking the fast lap record back from Russ with a 1/8 sprint in the 3rd round with a 6.739. To Russ S. credit he had a very strong run in the 3rd round but was not counting. Keep in mind we are comparing a 2wd chassis to a bona fide 1/8 4wd Sprint.

This is just to give folks an idea of how fast this high banked, super smooth, high traction track really is. I know I keep saying it's 310' but I'm there every race and still shocked we are running that fast in that distance on a clay surface. I think we have a good recipe here.

Fast laps are not just myself and Russ. Tommy 6.868 record in 4wd Late Model. That is an awesome sight to turn marshal and watch that green car shoot down the long straights like a bullet. In the turns...barely lifting. Several track records broken by wide margins. Johnny Combs 17.5 Late Model 7.676.

1/10 Sprint
Winner Mike F. Nice job Mike glad you came to race
TQ Russ S.
The fast lap Russ S. 7.042 that's fast and a track record

1/10 EDM
Nate Congrats Nate nice driving as usual
TQ Russ S.
Fast Lap of the Day and record Russ S. 6.857 * Foam tire testing. That's insane for a 2wd drive. What a hot rod Russ

17.5 Late Model
Winner Johnny Combs Good job Johnny!! Winning Sat at Delray & Springs Sun
Wing looks good. No tire wear and a dead-on chassis tune
TQ Rapid Roy
Fast Lap of the day and record Johnny

17.5 Bomber
Winner Mike F. Nice job on another win Mike. I bet your glad you came too!
TQ Kerry
Fast Lap 8.490 Kerry had a fast car all day.

4wd Late Model
Winner Tommy D. A speeding bullet if he had any mishaps during the rounds still had no trouble reeling them in!
TQ Paul S.
Fast lap of the day and record Tommy 6.868
Tommy had a missile down the straights...fast a stable through the turns. Paul had a good car and driving great but didn't have quite the setup or speed that Tommy had.
I have watched Paul S. race over several years and I have to say again I'm impressed with his smooth driving. Springs is the first time seeing Paul run on a track this fast. The only thing holding him back is the limits of the car he's driving at the time. No matter how fast the car I believe he can drive it. Nate had a 7.073 fast lap in the main. Everyone is up to speed!!

1/8 Sprint
Winner Drew driving for Team 17 Congratulations two in a row!
TQ Wade
Fast lap of the Day & track record goes to Wade 6.739
Recap of my personal favorite. It was good to see Roy in just a couple races has gotten his car tuned to run in the top no problem. My car was a handful in the turns and after a mishap I was attempting to reel in 1st & 2nd and once I started getting close again I noticed Roy was rubbing the rear end of the leader for the lead. I'm thrilled that everyone is doing great in these classes and can be anyone's race.

The 1/8 scale Sprint is really growing. Russ S. had his big Sprint with a Picco Torque power plant. I tried to help Russ get it finished so he could run some hot laps but unfortunately I got up to my eyeballs with work I couldn't finish giving him help like I wanted to.

I'm pleased to announce a good buddy of mine and former FORGASS onroad partner Sean B. will be racing with us starting the 18th with his new 1/8 sprint and Picco GT powerplant.* Sean and I started racing rc oval the same time when South Florida dirt oval club was at West Regional Park. I think he won 9 of 10 races and retired. He will be winning some races probably more sooner than later.

1/8 Late model will be on the rise too. We only had two Sunday however, Tommy is about to put a new engine in his, I'm about to build one, Kerry will have have another engine shortly, Nate has his, Sean will be building one, Bill will be back soon with his, and I predict some new faces and new machines in this class and the others.

Thanks to everyone who came. Glad to see everyone having fun. Like Mike H said, this is for the racers. I think I can speak for everyone involved with hard work prepping the track, etc. that we do it for everyone to have fun and have a good track. Everyone knows we needed one!! No sense in having fast high end race cars if you can't race fast.*

Oval Race Results 07/05/15
Oval Race Results Detailed 07/05/15

Last edited by L.Wade; 07-07-2015 at 05:58 PM.
Old 07-07-2015, 11:42 AM
Tech Adept

Default Best of the Southeast Dirt Oval Series

I also want to remind everyone that in less than 2 weeks Saturday July 18th will be the start of our series.
We are going to squeeze bomber into the series providing we keep enough entries.

Everyone bring your 17.5 Late Model & 1/10 Sprints. This is a 4 race event with 1 drop. Your racing for nice trophies,
prizes, having a killer banquet, and bragging rights. Prizes will be for the Series racers. The Banquet is for everyone!!
Lots of food, chicken wings, etc. Again I want to remind everyone that the last Series the track gave away over $800
in prizes and a Custom Works 1/10 Sprint Car!!

If your a dirt oval racer don't let anything keep you away from this one.
Every dirt oval and non-dirt oval racer on the planet is invited.

Race entry for Series is $15 per series class. There is a $30 cap.
If you reach $30 including Series class entries, all your other classes are free!!

Non-series classes are $15 with $5 any additional.

You will be given a raffle ticket for your Series class for drawings

Must run at least 3 of the 4 races to be eligible for prizes.
Tickets will be distributed at the banquet. Must be present to win
Personalized trophies will be ordered after final points calculated.
Banquet date TBA after final series race. Try to accommodate everyone's schedule

Any questions just ask. This is going to be a lot of fun!!!

Last edited by L.Wade; 07-28-2015 at 09:23 PM.
Old 07-07-2015, 05:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for that run down Wade but I can't take credit for the pole Rabid Roy got the pole
Old 07-07-2015, 06:02 PM
Tech Adept

Yeap your right..I fixed it. Are you John ready to run the series for a fat trophy and some cool goodies and the title of being the Best of the Southeast?
Old 07-12-2015, 09:51 PM
Tech Adept

Only 5 days left!!
There's going to be a lot fun in all classes this Saturday. 1/10 sprint & 17.5 late model are the main events as we kick off the start of the Series.

Starting this Saturday 18th Best of the Southeast Dirt Oval Series. 4 races with 1 drop. As mentioned in previous post there's going to be nice trophies, prizes, and a banquet. Series racers will be giving a raffle ticket for a chance to win prizes.

I also wanted to announce that Pro-Line has been added to the list of sponsors. At each race there will be giveaways with the bulk of the prizes given away at the banquet.

If you haven't been to Springs Dirt Oval Super Speedway the track is smooth, no loose sand, high traction and very fast. Don't just take my work for it, ask anyone who has been.

We encourage everyone to come out and race with us.

Last edited by L.Wade; 07-28-2015 at 09:24 PM.
Old 07-13-2015, 07:45 PM
Tech Regular

Only 5 days left!!
There's going to be a lot fun in all classes this Saturday. 1/10 sprint & 17.5 late model are the main events as we kick off the start of the Series.

Starting this Saturday 18th Best of the Southeast Dirt Oval Series. 4 races with 1 drop. As mentioned in previous post there's going to be nice trophies, prizes, and a banquet. Each series class you enter you will be giving a raffle ticket for a chance to win prizes. The more classes you enter the better chance you have of winning.

I also wanted to announce that Pro-Line has been added to the list of sponsors. At each race there will be giveaways with the bulk of the prizes given away at the banquet.

If you haven't been to Springs Dirt Oval Super Speedway the track is smooth, no loose sand, high traction and very fast. Don't just take my work for it, ask anyone who has been.

We encourage everyone to come out and race with us.

Old 07-15-2015, 11:37 PM
Tech Adept

Only 2 days left. Guys don't forget that if you run 2 series classes all non-series classes are free so bring what you can.

This Saturday 18th
Gates open at 8:00
Racing starts around 10:30

The track will be well prepped and have loads of traction soon as you get there
Old 07-17-2015, 02:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

I won't be able to make this race but my dad and lil bro aka superman will be there racing can't wait though I will be at the rest of them and plan on kickin tail
Old 07-17-2015, 04:52 PM
Tech Adept

Default Cancelled Saturday 18th

Race #1 of the Series has been cancelled due to heavy rain.

Sorry guys. We were halfway done with prepping the track this afternoon and then a flood came.
Old 07-17-2015, 07:34 PM
Tech Regular

Race #1 of the Series has been cancelled due to heavy rain.

Sorry guys. We were halfway done with prepping the track this afternoon and then a flood came.
Old 07-19-2015, 11:15 AM
Tech Adept

Unfortunately Coral Springs had a heavy cloud that hung around for way too long for the oval track to be reworked even for the next couple days. I may go there next Saturday morning and do a light prep and do some testing on a couple cars. I will give heads up towards the end of the week. If so, practice is $5 per person.

We don't race every Saturday and sometimes rain can push dates but.. when we do race it is the best of the best just ask the racers. The track is all premium clay to the core so it does hold moisture. It's not 2 inches thick. There is 6 inches at the bottom with over 2 feet of banking of pure premium clay. When the clay gets full like a sponge it takes a while to dry some just to put the tractor on it. That's the nature of this track in the rainy season.

Springs oval is the fastest track around these parts with the exception of onroad. Bi-weekly Saturday races will continue even after the Series. At that time we may even start running any rainouts the following Sat.

No sand, no muddy sand, no holes, no rooster tails, and no fairy tales
Just the best product that can be offered, a FAST RACE TRACK

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.