Wiki Posts
Search

Coral Springs Dirt Oval

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 07:28 AM
Tech Adept

Default October 26th & 27th – Weekend Schedule

***Weather Permitting***
  • Saturday – Practice 10am-3pm – Off Road & Dirt Oval *Practice Fee $5 Per Track
  • Sunday – Closed
* The practice fee will be $5 per track. If you run on both tracks, it will cost $10. Please, no testing or trying out. You must have a R.O.A.R. membership & wristband to run.
Old 10-28-2013, 10:53 AM
Tech Adept

Default November 2nd & 3rd – Weekend Schedule

***Weather Permitting***
  • Saturday – Practice 10am-3pm – Off Road & Dirt Oval *Practice Fee $5 Per Track
  • Sunday – Race Day (Off Road) | Gates Open 8am | Racing Starts 10am Sharp!
* The practice fee will be $5 per track. If you run on both tracks, it will cost $10. Please, no testing or trying out. You must have a R.O.A.R. membership & wristband to run.

****************IMPORTANT INFORMATION****************

The track(s) will be closed the weekend of November 30th & December 1st, 2013.
We’d like to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving and a wonderful weekend.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey mike glad to hear about the new oval! We have a big oval race thanksgiving weekend but after that I'm sure a few of us will come down! Feel free to come up and check us out at river rat!
Old 10-31-2013, 01:39 PM
Tech Adept

Default Dirt Oval Racing Soon...

We're currently working on getting the Dirt Oval Track ready for scheduled racing.

We're planning a Grand Opening Weekend December 14th & 15th with Dirt Oval Racing on Saturday and Off-Road Racing Sunday.

We'll have awards, raffles, and give out prizes throughout the entire weekend. Plus, a special Grand Prize will be given out at the end. More details coming soon.

We're looking at doing at least one full Dirt Oval race on Sunday November 24th, and possibly another before.

We'll keep everyone posted, and fill in the details so you'll have plenty of time to plan.

Last edited by mikehoncho; 11-19-2013 at 06:56 AM.
Old 11-04-2013, 05:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up

November 9th & 10th – Weekend Schedule

***Weather Permitting***

Saturday – Practice 10am-3pm – Off Road & Dirt Oval *Practice Fee $5 Per Track
Sunday – **$5 Dry-Run Race (Dirt Oval) | Gates Open 8am | Racing Starts 10ish.

** This will be an open race with Oval Classes as well as Mod Buggy, Pro 4 Modified, 1-8 Scale E Buggy and any other Off-Road class with at least 5 entries. The $5 fee will be “one fee” for all entries. This is a dry-run race, with new equipment and possibly starts and stops, to ensure the first full Dirt Oval Race on November 24, 2013 will be successful. Also, to give us a full Dirt Oval race before our Grand Opening Weekend Event on December 14 & 15, 2013. Brought to you by TriCounty Hobbies and The Coral Springs RC Track. Saturday will have Off Road Racing and Sunday will be Dirt Oval Racing. There will be Raffles and Prizes all throughout the weekend.
Stay tuned for details.…
Old 11-05-2013, 01:16 PM
Tech Adept

Default $5 Dry Run Dirt Oval Race

This Sunday November 10, 2013 we will be having a Dry Run Dirt Oval Race. We'll be testing and using new equipment to make sure the next Dirt Oval Pre-Grand Opening Race on November 24, 2013 can go off without a hitch. The race fee is $5. This fee will cover as many classes as you'd like to run. We encourage all racers (Dirt Oval and Off Road) to come on out and give it a try. I checked it out last Sunday and had a blast.

Also, mark your calendars for our Grand Opening Weekend Event presented by the Coral Springs RC Track and TriCounty Hobbies on December 14 & 15, 2013. 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place "A" Main drivers will receive trophies. There will be raffles going on throughout the entire weekend and conclude with a $50 and $100 TriCounty Hobbies Gift Card. Finally, the Grand Prize of a Losi 22 2.0 Kit will be raffled off.

Last edited by mikehoncho; 11-11-2013 at 08:39 AM.
Old 11-09-2013, 07:11 AM
Tech Adept

Default We Are Open Today - Saturday November 9, 2013

Both tracks are open for practice.
Old 11-10-2013, 05:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

First I would like to say it was an awesome day of high speed dirt oval action! Weather was beautiful and the racing was action packed! Anyone who missed out should put it on their schedule for Nov 24th to come check it out. I believe more than one offroad guy who came out and gave it a try is hooked.

On another note...a friendly WARNING to those who race at Springs or any other track for that matter... I regrettably left my iPad on the back seat of my unlocked truck (granted my windows are dark tinted and the case blended in with the seat it was on so it wasn't easily noticeable) and some asshole f@#k decided he deserved it more than me. Can't blame anyone but myself I guess but it sucks none the less. So please learn from my mistake and keep your valuables locked at the track at all times. And if you see someone creeping around that looks out of place don't be afraid to engage in conversation with them just to let them know you are aware of them being there.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Wow, I come in here to find out if I ended up missing out on a fantastic day of racing (it was pouring buckets by me all night all the way to 7:30am and didn't want to risk driving so far for a rain out) only to learn something like this. I can't believe some people.

For future reference to ANYONE with a high-end electronic device, there is a fantastic theft recovery program by a company called Gadgettrak that you install on all your devices and even if the device is erased and reformatted it will not remove the tracking software. Once the device is plugged into the internet it sends out a ping to Gadgettrak and they will communicate with local authorities to recover your stolen device. I think it costs like $10 per year but so worth it. I only found out after my iPod (which I used for all my Apple Teching needs) was stolen from my car but boy I wish I had known about this before hand. Their website is gadgettrak.com.

Anyhow, I will be out there this weekend and the 24th for the oval event.

My question is, can we run our buggies as is?
Old 11-11-2013, 07:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by the incubus
Wow, I come in here to find out if I ended up missing out on a fantastic day of racing (it was pouring buckets by me all night all the way to 7:30am and didn't want to risk driving so far for a rain out) only to learn something like this. I can't believe some people.

For future reference to ANYONE with a high-end electronic device, there is a fantastic theft recovery program by a company called Gadgettrak that you install on all your devices and even if the device is erased and reformatted it will not remove the tracking software. Once the device is plugged into the internet it sends out a ping to Gadgettrak and they will communicate with local authorities to recover your stolen device. I think it costs like $10 per year but so worth it. I only found out after my iPod (which I used for all my Apple Teching needs) was stolen from my car but boy I wish I had known about this before hand. Their website is gadgettrak.com.

Anyhow, I will be out there this weekend and the 24th for the oval event.

My question is, can we run our buggies as is?
Thanks for the info on Gadgettrack, I will definitely look into it. I tried to locate it on Find my Iphone but no luck. I didnt notice it was gone till I was unpacking my truck so whoever took it must have known to wipe it immediately rendering the tracking useless.

As far as the buggy goes...yes just show up and they will find a place to put you if there are not enough for a separate class.
Old 11-13-2013, 04:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

you guys did an awesome job on that track I looks like its going to have some great racing out there cant wait to get down there and race with you guys
Old 11-19-2013, 06:59 AM
Tech Adept

Default November 23rd & 24th – Weekend Schedule

***Weather Permitting***
  • Sunday – Race Day (Dirt Oval) | Gates Open 8am | Racing Starts 10am
Old 11-25-2013, 09:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Great day of oval racing on a great racing surface.. Awesome racing in all classes, had fun in nitro been a long time.. Track had amazing traction all day and only got better as the day went on.. Bring out all your oval racers Saturday Dec 14 for a great race program and amazing oval track..
Old 11-25-2013, 10:02 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mikehoncho
***Weather Permitting***
  • Sunday – Race Day (Dirt Oval) | Gates Open 8am | Racing Starts 10am
A ROAR Membership is useless if it is not a ROAR sanctioned event.
Old 11-25-2013, 12:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

sideshow, not true. A ROAR membership is required for any person wishing to run on a ROAR affiliated track. This is more about insurance then promoting a race.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.