Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FSEARA 2006 Rules Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 01:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Well, in my opinion, we should just stick to the rules we have now. Why do we change them year after year? Yes, we could talk about different / additional classes, but why do we need to change current rules? We have had some really close racing this season with the current rules. Only the series regulars should have a vote, and if they voted in rules last year, why do they want to change them again this year?

I personally think the only rule change should be with amount of tires teched. I would open it back up to unlimited tires of whatever we chose as a controlled tire. That way the only tech required is to verify that indeed it is the proper control tire. Buying and marking tires is just a real big tech nightmare. And the way it stands now, you would only have to run 1 qualifyer with a used set anyway. Does limiting the amount of tires we can use really change the finishing positions? The fast racers are still the fast racers with or without the limiting factor.

I like the idea of longer races, except as noted earlier in this post, TIME! It seems as we are always rushing to beat weather and some of us have long drives home on Sundays, adding additional minutes just adds length to the already hurried program. I myself don't like being at track till dark on sunday with a 4 or 5 hour drive home!

I would like to see the rules concerning weather problems be more set in stone. The decision what to do if rain occurs during qualifiers on saturday should be made before we leave the track on Saturday and not changed when we arrive Sunday morning. I know the locals always win in voting on adding more qualifiers on Sunday due to rainouts on Saturday, but for the long distance drivers this is not always favored due to TIME!

Qualifing points would work for me, I like the idea of having to be consistent the entire weekend to make the A-main. And not just one rocket run!

If it aint broke don't fix it!!!!
Old 06-20-2005, 02:16 PM
Suspended

this is why the gas series doesn't race in the summertime. Last season we had zero rain-outs.
Old 06-20-2005, 02:23 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jpilone
this is why the gas series doesn't race in the summertime. Last season we had zero rain-outs.
i thought it was because of the heat! ( especially been a turn marshall in the sun during a 45 minute main )
Old 06-20-2005, 02:45 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jpilone
Only in the last 3 years we have run during the summer and no one can explain why
Old 06-20-2005, 04:40 PM
Tech Master

Very interesting stuff - This is my first year racing the series and enjoying it. I would like to see tire rule change. The series needs to be cost effective to the racers.
$25 race fees no problem - would you expect anything less from an outstanding/proven series, ROAR membership - I can take it or leave it. Most of the tracks I race are ROAR anyway, I don't like paying taxes, but I do. Another way of looking at it I guess. Hotels well out of our control(group rates work), Gas another one out of our control.
Tires well that is something we racers can controll. A decision is made on the legal tires for the series. I just don't understard why used tires are not legal. If a tire from a previous state race is label it should be legal for the entire series. I bought two sets of tires at Speedline and had them label and tech. I ended up using only one set. The other set wasn't legal for the Superior race because they were not new in an unopen package. I suggest that if the tires are already label from from a previous state race they should be legal for the entire series.

Other than that everything is fine from me.
Old 06-20-2005, 04:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

I keep hearing people say that if we increase run times in stock and 19 turn it will make us run longer. NO REALLY so if you increased stock to 7 minutes and you have 5 heats that would make the race all of 10 MINUTES LONGER. 10 minutes people is that really a problem or a concern?

I think our rules are just fine but there's nothing wrong to update them yearly since we've got new Battery and Motor technology constently coming out.

Roly
Old 06-22-2005, 03:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Here's my take on the subject. We have (the series) lead the nation and ROAR on new rules. We started the 1/10th pan cars in the series with Bolink starting the class. Composite Craft(from Florida) built the second car available. Fortunately they didn't do the 7 cells with stock motors (poof went alot of motors).I think we even raced 5 minutes.Roar went to 4 minutes. We got the rules changed by trying it One year ahead of the nation. With Batteries going the way they are let's add one minute to the Touring class.When we first started the series we were racing 1200's - now they will be 3700-3800 probably by January(legal).
Old 06-23-2005, 06:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (96%+)

Probably not the right thread for this post, but where are the points updates from the series? We're heading to race #5 in a couple weeks and the website only has the points from race #2
Old 06-23-2005, 07:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

What about a truck class???????

Pro-line makes a 190mm Silverado race truck and I know lots of guys have old or extra touring cars we could slap some truck bodies on and go racing. I remeber when the series did this with 1/10 pan cars and it was a really popular 2nd class amongst the 1/10 stock racers. I say 19 turn with a gentalmans agreement to only run USED CS27's.
Old 06-23-2005, 07:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Trucks are a great idea Roly...
Old 06-23-2005, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by PaintingRoly
What about a truck class???????

Pro-line makes a 190mm Silverado race truck and I know lots of guys have old or extra touring cars we could slap some truck bodies on and go racing. I remeber when the series did this with 1/10 pan cars and it was a really popular 2nd class amongst the 1/10 stock racers. I say 19 turn with a gentalmans agreement to only run USED CS27's.
I actually agree with roly! OMG!
Trucks would be cool with used tires! Even mini cooper bodies! Protoform has a mini dont they? Potter?
Old 06-23-2005, 07:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hector they do.. I have one here.... I think the trucks would actaully handle better, maybe we do something along the lines of it has to have a Nascar/Nastruck paint scheme....

Everyone throw thier tires in one bag before the racing starts... pick 4 and your good to go :>
Old 06-24-2005, 04:17 AM
Suspended

Protoform/Pro-Line has discontinued their Mini Cooper body for touring cars. If you have one, you got it before they stopped production.

Stick with the trucks.
Old 06-24-2005, 05:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TimPotter
Hector they do.. I have one here.... I think the trucks would actaully handle better, maybe we do something along the lines of it has to have a Nascar/Nastruck paint scheme....

Everyone throw thier tires in one bag before the racing starts... pick 4 and your good to go :>
tim how about a gt class. A sports car class. as long as its the same body for all.
I like the tire bag!
Old 06-24-2005, 08:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hector we already have that remember- You wanted to run an NXS and the rules were changed several years ago.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.