FSEARA - Proposals for 2014 Season

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FSEARA - Proposals for 2014 Season

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 12:05 PM
Tech Initiate

Just wondering if there are any new tracks that will be added ..? Places like Arcadia or Ft Myers?

Also to Dave Larry's comment about Mod TC having an open tire.. I don't think that's a great idea.. Some guys are sponsored by company's that can get tires that others cant get or have a hard time getting.. That's just a small part of it..

Years ago they went to control tire's to try and make it more appealing to a racer that wanted to try and run Mod, it would be more even for them as they are running what everyone else is on...
Old 06-25-2013, 12:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Arcadia or Ft Meyers would be awesome.

Originally Posted by zedrc
Just wondering if there are any new tracks that will be added ..? Places like Arcadia or Ft Myers?

Also to Dave Larry's comment about Mod TC having an open tire.. I don't think that's a great idea.. Some guys are sponsored by company's that can get tires that others cant get or have a hard time getting.. That's just a small part of it..

Years ago they went to control tire's to try and make it more appealing to a racer that wanted to try and run Mod, it would be more even for them as they are running what everyone else is on...
Old 06-25-2013, 02:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

When I ran Schumacher I sent P-Dub and Paul Lemieux to the Novak race when it was open tires with $2500 (wholesale) of Pit and Sorex tires, Sorex, Yokomo and HPI insets,Proline and Schumacher rims. None of them were used. They had to get a new Yokomo tire that only Team Yokomo had with their inserts and new hard ABS rims. P-Dub got them because he used to run for Yokomo waaay back. Everyone else was screwed.

The next year the race was on CS27 Spec Premounts and the tire bill was $200 for the both of them.

Open tires in any class are a disaster.
Old 06-25-2013, 02:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

IMHO,

I do not race as frequent as I used to. But I like the additional aspect of managing your tires...
Old 06-25-2013, 04:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

When the series did not have controlled tires- the Haves had boxes of different tires and inserts.The others just wasted their time if they guess wrong on the tire combos. If you want to get rid of a TC class go to open tires. Same thing at the nationals wrong tire combo and you wasted your time and money!