Old 05-02-2013, 10:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default New track in Newberry FL

So they just put in a dirt track in newberry

Address is
24880 NW 16th ave
Newberry fl 32669

Made of dirt a few jumps here and there. No drivers stand yet just bleachers to stand on ontop of a hill.

Haven't heard much other then they will put down clay if it sees some use. I'm here every day so if you wanna come tear it up just let me know and ill bring my stuff. Ill see who runs/owns it and see if we can get a timing system and a actual track going.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Newberry is a little far for me to go.. However, it looks like that track is in a rule area which is good for noise. Also looks like there is plenty of room to build a nice, big 1/8 track if that was the target. Could also be made to accommodate 1/10 scales. I think the track has a lot of potential if done right.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Net the guy who built it, he said he is waiting to get clearance from water management. Once he does he wants to put in a big dirt oval next to it. And then later on put in a big 1/8 track. I'm trying to talk him into putting in a larger 1/8 with creatively placed mid sized jumps for 1/10s and if the lanes are wide enough they can also run 1/5th scales.

Plans are to have club races at least and if it gets enough attention to get timing systems and drivers stands.

They are having a little GTG and BBQ Sunday around 11. Bring em if you got em.
Old 05-04-2013, 03:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Might stop out on Sunday and see what's what. Owner/track have a Facebook page? I live in New Town by the way!
Old 05-04-2013, 03:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Not yet,

Ill probably end up making one for them.

It's at the back of the complex against the tree line. Ill be there tomorrow for sure.
Old 05-05-2013, 05:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I couldnt make it out at 11 today but I went out at about 5 no one was there but i had a blast driving around. During the week I am off. If anyone ever wants to meet out there for some fun hit me up. Its a nice little track. I can go usually mon-thurs in the afternoons.
Old 05-05-2013, 06:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

A few of us from Shiverville checked this place out earlier today. Lots of potential here, and it was a good refresher from the usual high bite indoor we've been running the past few weeks.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I wrote a long reply lastnight but still waiting on a mod to approve it. I just became a paid member so maybe it'll get posted soon.
Old 05-06-2013, 12:31 PM
Tech Adept

I am headin out there again today I'll be there around 4ish. If anyone else wants to show cya there
Old 05-06-2013, 12:39 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by wal66
I wrote a long reply lastnight but still waiting on a mod to approve it. I just became a paid member so maybe it'll get posted soon.
Welcome Mr. Wally. Good luck on the new track and we will see you soon.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:41 PM
Tech Initiate

well me and my dad were looking for a closer place than new red since he lives in high springs and i live in melrose
Old 05-06-2013, 05:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Ok so I'm tired of waiting for the original reply approval. I paid to be a member today so I'll just respond again.

First off thank you Jake for the mention here on the forum. There were a number of people that showed up Sunday because they read it here.

I am brand new to this hobby. In fact I got my first RC this past February but I am ate up with everything RC and have jumped in with both feet since.

1: The track we have today was built in 8 short (long for some) days.
2: There are plans to add more tracks.
3: There are plans for a crawler course and scaler trails.
4: We have started once a month indoor Fun Fly's and are considering adding outdoor events.

The goal here is to make Newberry the place to be for all things surface and air RC. With that in mind though it is important to note that a race specific type track won't be in our near future. While I do hope to organize clubs racing and maybe even have a few invitational type races we have to be focused on the recreational user first. Our park is open the the public and with that comes all kinds maintenance issues that are budget friendly to try and maintain a race worthy track.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

There are politics involved so i have to be careful how I push the envelope. As much as I want everything NOW and as willing as I am to do the work I still need city approval and assistance. A big help, I mean a HUGE help is for Newberry resident and surrounding enthusiast to call and write city officials and make their wishes heard.

If we rally together we can make the city commission recognize the need for this area.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

For those who have been out and for those who may stop by.

We have a scheduled Water Management District inspection this week. If they don't have an problem with the track the immediate plan is to add an oval track next. Both the oval and the current track will be topped with orange clay for a much improved surface thanks to a generous donation from Watson Construction.

Also as it turns out the current track is better suited for 1/8 scale since I did include 110' front straight. I had planned to build a bigger track for 1/8 scale but now will build a better suited 1/10 scale track after the oval provided I can obtain more material.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:43 PM
Tech Adept

I found out about this track when I posted on sunday. since then I have made it out there everyday. I have met some great people while there, and had a great time. Even though the track is more 1/8th oriented its still a blast with 1/10th. I run my b4.2 on it.

Originally Posted by alienroo
well me and my dad were looking for a closer place than new red since he lives in high springs and i live in melrose

I'm around the high springs area, now I have a track I can goto daily, even if its only for a couple hours. Since its so close. I hope to see you guys there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.