Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any 1/8 Buggy Tracks close to Orlando

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 07:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Any 1/8 Buggy Tracks close to Orlando

Fellas.. I'm travelling to Orlando for the last two weeks in August and was wondering if there are any 1/8 Nitro Buggy tracks in the area..Was thinking about carrying my Gear..:-)

thks Q
Old 04-10-2013, 07:47 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by qaberdeen
Fellas.. I'm travelling to Orlando for the last two weeks in August and was wondering if there are any 1/8 Nitro Buggy tracks in the area..Was thinking about carrying my Gear..:-)

thks Q
Space Coast Run Nitro from time to time. Check there schedule or call.
http://spacecoastrc.com/

RRW runs Nitro also, http://www.rotorsrudderswheels.com/

Dont know much about OCP in Orlando, but check them out also.http://www.rctech.net/forum/florida-...-schedule.html
Old 04-10-2013, 08:38 AM
Tech Master

Really??? Space Coast never runs nitro anymore just practice! Lake Park in Tampa is the best place you'll find to race 1/8 in Central Florida. By the time August gets here Triple Nickel in Bartow should be having races as well.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:12 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by sideshow
Really??? Space Coast never runs nitro anymore just practice! Lake Park in Tampa is the best place you'll find to race 1/8 in Central Florida. By the time August gets here Triple Nickel in Bartow should be having races as well.
I said from time to time. Didn't they just have a nitro race a month or so ago? and I said check schedule or call. 555 has been trying to "Get Going" again for almost 2 years.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:57 AM
Tech Master

WOW! I didnt know this was a debate....just trying to help a fellow nitro guy! Repeated requests for a nitro race have gone un-answered by SCRC....jus sayin, and Triple Nickel has been under a huge rebuild and is finally at the last step which is the drivers stand. Lake Park is and always will be the premier 1/8 scale track in central Florida....hope this helps.

Last edited by sideshow; 04-10-2013 at 10:12 AM.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

qaberdeen - any debating aside Lake Park or Hurricane RC (can facebook them for photos and race days) in Lutz, FL hosts the best nitro buggy action across Central Florida (80++ racers on any given club-day). Big clay track, big driver's stand, cool track crew and no shortage of pro and sportsman racers. My tire of choice there is soft and supersoft AKA Gridirons but I've also pulled out medium & soft Cityblocks. Definitely worth the drive over from Orlando.

Space Coast RC did host a FORCE Series race over 2-months ago (biggest nitro & electric race series in Florida), but unfortunately hasn't hosted a single nitro club race since then to the best of my knowledge (owner will arrest its designer/builder with outrageous claims if I ever showed up again). Orange County Paintball is located in Bithlo off of SR50 and hosts some relaxing non-competitive practice days that a handful of nitros come out to. Hope this helps and if you need anything at Lake Park, just ask.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:33 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by qaberdeen

thks Q
Hi Quaberdeen! Space Coast R/C currently hosts nitro practice days on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2pm-7pm. We are also hosting the Florida State Off-road Racing Series (Nitro & Electric) on May 26th. ROAR Nitro Regionals are June 1st & 2nd @ Miami R/C Raceway. We are working on our Nitro schedule for the summer since most of the racers have been following the FORCE series and Mills Pond Saturday night nats for the spring season. Check our website as it gets a little closer and we should have some events going on for you.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thks Guys,

i'm flying up from Bermuda with the Wife and kids for my Orlando Vacation, But u can only do so many Parks, especially since we go yearly..lol, and i'm looking forward to pulling some Trigger...but i really don't want to drive to far out from the Kissimmee/Disney area..but will drive for a good race or track..

I'm there from Aug. 19th to the 31st..so i hope to catch a race somewhere..

Thks again