Wiki Posts
Search

Looking for builder

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 07:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Looking for builder

I live in St Pete area, I'm just getting into RC off road racing, I'm really busy with work right now and I'm looking for someone local to help me get my SC10 4X4 up and running, I have alot of rc stuff to barter with or can pay, I have TX and RX & servo in it, still need last 1/4 built and Motor/ ESC/ Battery...any ideas??

Check out my ad

Thanks
Old 01-14-2013, 07:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

As someone who works at a hobby shop and sees all sorts of cars come in the shop I'd advise against letting someone else work on your stuff unless you absolutely trust them and have seen a lot of their work before.

I'd really advise that you do all this stuff yourself since it's all part of the hobby; racing and running their car, as well as building and maintaining your cars. Putting the motor, esc, and battery in are pretty basic things that you'd want to learn to do before you start racing. You might consider going to a track and having someone guide you along the way to be sure you do it all right, and it shouldn't take more than an hour even if you're taking your time and having someone guide you.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by seth556
As someone who works at a hobby shop and sees all sorts of cars come in the shop I'd advise against letting someone else work on your stuff unless you absolutely trust them and have seen a lot of their work before.

I'd really advise that you do all this stuff yourself since it's all part of the hobby; racing and running their car, as well as building and maintaining your cars. Putting the motor, esc, and battery in are pretty basic things that you'd want to learn to do before you start racing. You might consider going to a track and having someone guide you along the way to be sure you do it all right, and it shouldn't take more than an hour even if you're taking your time and having someone guide you.
^+1 great Advice!
Old 01-15-2013, 05:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i totally agree with Seth. This is a hobby that involves alot of maintenance and repair. You have to do it yourself. I also work for a hobby shop and it kills me to charge $30.00 an hour for things people could easily do on their own.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:36 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

You could also go to your nearest track on a race day. You'll find tons of experienced racers who will be more than willing to help, teach, and guide. Most don't mind explaining....

You tube can be a great resource as almost all topics in rc are there on video and step by step.

I agree with Jim, shops can be expensive, but some folks don't have a clue where to start and need a little help.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Ill build it for $100. Haha
Old 01-15-2013, 11:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 107 (100%+)

Read the forums for Sc10 4x4 set ups that should give you a good idea,go to you tube look for Joe Ferguson he has alot on the sc10 4x4.or just ask any questions on here.Ill be glad to help you no charge ,this is for fun for me not to make money thats why i have a job.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Seriously dude? It was a joke....
Old 01-15-2013, 07:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

thanks guys
Old 01-15-2013, 08:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

If you truly need help and someone to build that I would trust, go see Elite Performance (813) 920-0428 on Gunn Highway in Odessa/keystone it's a bit of a drive for you, but only 30-45min. Dave Warr is the owner, races RC, and I believe will take in stuff to work on occasionally. Go see him and get advise or drop it off. I don't know what he would charge.

That said, totally agree with others that have replied. You'll have to know how to work on them to run them. It's part of the deal! But, if you want to get it running, he'd be a good bet.