Wiki Posts
Search

S.C.R.C. NITRO THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 07:26 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default S.C.R.C. NITRO THREAD

Hey guys I thought it would be appropriate to start a nitro thread for SCRC. Brand new layout going in next week. Wait til you see this one!!!!!!! Awesome elevation changes and some great technical sections. This track layout will be perfect for both Nitro and Electric!

Track changes are going to include:

1. NEW PIT LANE! completely revamped and new design. (no more standing under drivers stand)

2. PHENOMENAL ELEVATION CHANGES

3. TECHNICAL FLOWING DESIGN. (NO POINT AND SHOOT! INCREASING DECREASING RADIUS TURNS! SWEEPING CORNERS! TIMING SECTIONS ETC)

4. NEW TRACK PREP PROCEDURES! (NO MORE TIRE WEAR)

5. LOOP MOVED TO PROPER LOCATION FOR NITRO AND ELECTRIC

6. LOUDER P.A. SYSTEM

7. FASTER RUN PROGRAM

please feel free to add your comments and/or suggestions as to what you would like to see at SCRC
Old 10-24-2012, 08:51 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

sounds good. pit lane really isnt too bad standing under the driver stand. i thought it would be worse. the only thing i see that you should do to pit lane is add a 4x4 along the whole top part. where the cars sit right before being release or refueling. reason being is what you have now is too wide, so when a buggy comes in to refuel and its sitting on that deck the driver needs to rev the engine a bit so that you dont choke out the engine and flame. since that deck is so wide now its hard cuz one side of the buggy always has a wheel hitting that deck. a 4x4 along the whole deck that you have now would fix the problem.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:53 AM
Tech Adept

this will be addressed
Old 10-24-2012, 08:56 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

glad i could help
Old 10-24-2012, 08:57 AM
Tech Adept

its a great idea and we will be fixing it. thank you for your input! hope to see you out racing
Old 10-24-2012, 10:56 AM
Tech Addict

Awesome news! Nitro race for this Sat still a go? Can't wait.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:49 PM
Tech Adept

Yes there is a Nitro race this Sat still. However, due to the numerous requests from the nitro guys, we will allow electric to run also. We have had alot of nitro guys asking if they can also run their electric cars this sat also so they dont have to come out twice. In other words, if you bring it, you can race it!!!!!!

See ya trackside!
Old 10-24-2012, 07:45 PM
Tech Adept

Default Great

Originally Posted by nitronutcase
Yes there is a Nitro race this Sat still. However, due to the numerous requests from the nitro guys, we will allow electric to run also. We have had alot of nitro guys asking if they can also run their electric cars this sat also so they dont have to come out twice. In other words, if you bring it, you can race it!!!!!!

See ya trackside!
That is great, sorry I can't make it this weekend, I have to work.
Hate it when my job messes with my hobby.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Anthony/Nitronut - Looking forward to this track-change collaboration with a 'nitro guy' and 'electric guy' addressing all voiced concerns/experiences while shaping an entirely new track.

Jader - Congrats on leading nitro buggy to a 21.4sec fast-lap 'record' on the current layout. 1:8ebuggy followed close behind with my 21.5sec lap the other week, 1:10 4wd buggy holds a 21.7sec fastest w/Felix Law during the Supercup, not sure where Nitro Truggy's best was, and SC 4x4 landed a few 22.1-22.3 fastest laps (Cory Shopmeyer, Chris Viesins & myself). Hopefully that's the last time this track sees under 23sec laps...

It's humbling to see the interest in electric classes from nitro racers. I'm hoping we can evolve at least one electric class ran on Nitro days to 20min mains with 1-battery changeout (or fixed park & go time if no battery changeout is needed). A die-hard electric-guy once told me "electric mains are 6-8min cause it's very 'intense' racing". I cannot say out loud what I think about that claim and have seen enough of the divide between vehicle power options & classes. If the marshals replaced our vehicles with pink Barbie Corvettes the best class to race is the one where everyone on the drivers' stand jumps in and races anyway.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:30 PM
Tech Master

Saturdays nitro / electric race......start time?
Old 10-25-2012, 06:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Let's Race!

Originally Posted by sideshow
Saturdays nitro / electric race......start time?
This is what the Nitro community has been waiting for racing on a Saturday at Space coast RC! There's a Nitro race combined with electric this saturday at spacecoast RC! Doors open at 8:00am and racing starts at 11:00AM. Let's help support this great Offroad indoor racing facility, we don't know how lucky we are to have a place like SCRC to run/race our Nitro cars indoors.
Old 10-26-2012, 04:47 PM
Suspended

Default Saturday Nitro Racing

Yes,we are racing Saturday nitro and electric,We were gonna just run Nitro but there are a few of the nitro guys that have electric and also some of them have kids that have electric,So we wanted to also let electric run with Nitro on Saturday too.We listened and and Nitro Saturday is gonna be in full swing every other week.Also the track change and with all the changes it should be much much better.We will open at 8 am Saturday racing will start at 11.Should be a good day of racing.If any comments please let us know them and we will address them.

Thanks

RobS

Also the race fees have changed 20 for the first class 15 for the second and 10 for the third.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RobS SpaceCoast
Yes,we are racing Saturday nitro and electric,We were gonna just run Nitro but there are a few of the nitro guys that have electric and also some of them have kids that have electric,So we wanted to also let electric run with Nitro on Saturday too.We listened and and Nitro Saturday is gonna be in full swing every other week.Also the track change and with all the changes it should be much much better.We will open at 8 am Saturday racing will start at 11.Should be a good day of racing.If any comments please let us know them and we will address them.

Thanks

RobS

Also the race fees have changed 20 for the first class 15 for the second and 10 for the third.
Right On!!!!!!!
Old 10-26-2012, 06:37 PM
Tech Rookie

are you going to run Nitro on sunday 10-28-2012?
Old 10-26-2012, 07:14 PM
Tech Master

I believe that the Nitro is going to be on Saturdays now bi-weekly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.