Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Track in St.Petersburg

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 11:09 AM
Tech Regular

I googled it and see that it was a nice track. No off road tho. Pinellas park has an old church property off of 60th between 78th and 82nd that used to have a skate park in the back a few years ago. It is still is unused other than the old cop cars and city vehicles parked there. Seems like a terrific place for an off road track. If it could be worked out to use the land like lake park and perhaps if Phil's got involved and with some local community support it could happen. Would be ultra convenient since I work 1/2 mile away. Lol.
Old 06-16-2012, 11:39 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EpicNole
I googled it and see that it was a nice track. No off road tho. Pinellas park has an old church property off of 60th between 78th and 82nd that used to have a skate park in the back a few years ago. It is still is unused other than the old cop cars and city vehicles parked there. Seems like a terrific place for an off road track. If it could be worked out to use the land like lake park and perhaps if Phil's got involved and with some local community support it could happen. Would be ultra convenient since I work 1/2 mile away. Lol.
Minnreg had an offroad clay track outback. With a nice driverstand too. It was a fun track when I was a kid. The S turn church you speak of would be a great place yes....But it is very close to houses and we all know where that will lead. Minnreg would be the best spot to start up again. Or the old brush site at the end of 102nd by cross bayou elem.
Old 06-16-2012, 01:11 PM
Tech Regular

Off road? So now I really want it back. Lol. Well look at that....Google won't tell u everything!

Well nitro sucks so the noise can be solved by limiting it to electric . In reality if a place is built it needs to accomidate as many types of vehicle as possible. Something the size of lake park. I know that area off 102nd also. Would make a good place for sure. Do they still have the rc airstrip by the dump? There is all kinds of land there.
Old 06-16-2012, 04:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

The noise factor was one of the reasons Minnreg got shut down. There is a retirement community right next door to the facility that complained for a long time about the engine noise.

Now granted, they kind of did have a point. People running around the track at all hours of the night would even annoy me and I love the angry bee buzz of a nitro engine.

I really don't want to start a muckraking session of Minnreg and it's unfortunate demise. I said it before and I'll say it again. I wish the new crew all possible good luck. You can bet if it reopens I'll be there to race as much as I can. Kissimmee to Pinellas Park is kind of a b!tch of a drive to race.
Old 06-16-2012, 07:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default offroad track

Without saying too much at the current time due to the current stage of the project, there is a possibility of the offroad track at minregg being re-built and ready for racing sometime soon. As it stands right now I am fairly sure when re-opened the racing will mainly be shortcourse and other 1/10th scale, no nitro. Things are looking good and hopefully this will happen sooner rather than later as this area needs a good clay offroad track. Everyone cross your fingers and hopefully we will be racing out there soon.
Old 06-18-2012, 04:20 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by M.E. Racing
Without saying too much at the current time due to the current stage of the project, there is a possibility of the offroad track at minregg being re-built and ready for racing sometime soon. As it stands right now I am fairly sure when re-opened the racing will mainly be shortcourse and other 1/10th scale, no nitro. Things are looking good and hopefully this will happen sooner rather than later as this area needs a good clay offroad track. Everyone cross your fingers and hopefully we will be racing out there soon.
Fingers crossed.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 176 (100%+)
Default minregg

Originally Posted by M.E. Racing
Crossed fingers. Anyone still in touch with Dave Fox from minregg? I used to work with him before he started the original site ages ago.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:12 PM
Tech Regular

Foxdaddy wasn't part of the Minnreg organization to the best of my knowledge, just part of the R/C Club. Sam Ledford was the link to the Minnreg organization. I would be very interested to hear if he's behind this effort to build an R/C track at Minnreg again.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I heard Mike Boylan was involved....but dont quote me
Old 06-19-2012, 01:37 PM
Tech Regular

Long Live Thunder! What a fun track.
Old 06-19-2012, 04:39 PM
Tech Regular

Whoever is out there possibly doing this, know u have support! I would love to help in any way I can.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 176 (100%+)
Default ditto

Ditto. Would be glad to contribute anyway I can.
Old 06-20-2012, 02:28 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Brushless420
Ditto. Would be glad to contribute anyway I can.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:15 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default minnreg

Sam Ledford is not a part of what is being put together, although Sam was a big part of Minnreg in the old days...I am not at liberty to say who is in charge of it except that if it does work out as we are hoping the person in charge has the capabilites to make it a class act. It's great to see all the enthusiasm about the possibilty of a new track at minnreg, lets keep up the hype so when it does happen the crowds are there, I think there are alot of great people and racers interested in this project and where it's going.
Old 07-02-2012, 01:40 PM
Tech Regular

Just realized I ripped off your name. Unintended and I'll have to change it!

My son Ethan and I run together. Team M&E Racing sound better?

On a side note, gonna take the family to the Lube tonight for dinner and hopefully we will get to check out some of the action.

Last edited by EpicNole; 07-02-2012 at 01:53 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.