Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR off road regionals

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 04:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Taken from the Super Cup track pack:

•Although we would like special considerations to be made for electric vehicles, an entire new track or layout is not necessary for these events. This adds to the convenience of hosting an event
and also minimizes additional track work and materials by the club / track.

Ive been waiting for years to prove Randy wrong on the forums and my day has finally come. I will now retire my rctech account.
Old 04-19-2012, 05:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mosieur
Taken from the Super Cup track pack:

•Although we would like special considerations to be made for electric vehicles, an entire new track or layout is not necessary for these events. This adds to the convenience of hosting an event
and also minimizes additional track work and materials by the club / track.

Ive been waiting for years to prove Randy wrong on the forums and my day has finally come. I will now retire my rctech account.

LMAO Glad I could help. Show of hands. How many track have hosted a Super Cup event and NOT changed the layout a few weeks before?
Old 04-19-2012, 06:16 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The only resason I ever made a comment was because to me it dont seem fair to all of the tracks that are in FLA just three get a shot I wasnt playing favorites.Reguardless of what anybody says from this point on the track should be by popular demand and roar should bring a track crew in the week before to moderate changes if its that big of a deal to organize a toy car race.If I had a choice I would like to see it up north for the same reason others would like to see it down south.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JaderL
This is true Reuben. But a roar title used to mean even more when it actually qualified you to go to nationals. now it's just another state race.
I thought a Regional win used to qualify you for the Worlds?
Old 04-19-2012, 07:23 AM
Tech Champion

only in 1992
Old 04-19-2012, 07:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

section 11.2 in the rule book pertains to Worlds qualifying. It states that ALL finalist from previous W.C. and the top finishers ( there is a formula) at a nationals receive a spot on the w.c. team. It also says that if other ROAR events are to be used, those events will have secondary priority to ROAR Nationals. I would think that with ROAR having just 30 spots to fill that a level 3 event would not be used as a worlds qualifier.
Reuben
Old 04-19-2012, 07:58 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

Originally Posted by patrickjcarlo
The only resason I ever made a comment was because to me it dont seem fair to all of the tracks that are in FLA just three get a shot I wasnt playing favorites.Reguardless of what anybody says from this point on the track should be by popular demand and roar should bring a track crew in the week before to moderate changes if its that big of a deal to organize a toy car race.If I had a choice I would like to see it up north for the same reason others would like to see it down south.
if other tracks were roar approved then youre right. it wouldnt be fair. but theres only 3. Lake Park, Coral Springs and Mills Pond. if they want it they would have to put a bid in. and the regional director at the moment would make the call.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

The way it was done in Nebraska with the local director there. For almost ANY event he would change the track the week of the event and have the track closed. Zero people got to practice even a lap before the event.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

I think the track change discussion is a non-issue. I'm sure anyone who gets the race will do a change. No one wants to be the target of negative discussion. The director has a tough position to fill and I wouldn't want it.

Im hoping a track can put in a last minute application and bid to variagate this great race. We will have to wait and see.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (99%+)

Originally Posted by rdeppen
Uhhhhhhh ^^^^^^ The regionals have never qualified you for the Nationals. People have been wanting it to for the last few years but in the 18 years I've been doing this it's never been anything more then a state title. NNNoooooooooo JADER

And for the dude who got bent at my comment. It wasn't a shot at Shiverville at all. It was simply meant to point out yet another expectation of a Regionals host. Even Jconcepts requires a track change for a super cup event.
Exactly Randy.....no real point but bragging rights!
Old 04-19-2012, 10:28 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

sorry randy. i was under the impression it was.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default FIND A TRACK

OK HERE IS MY 2 CENTS
LETS JUST FIND A DAMN PLACE TO HAVE THE RACE AND WHO CARES WHERE IT IS.MID STATE,DOWN SOUTH OR IN THE NORTH SAVE YOUR DAMN MONEY AND DRIVE TO WHERE THE RACE IS GOING TO BE.THEY ARE TOY CARS AND TRUCKS GUYS WE DO THIS FOR FUN. NONE OF US ARE GETTING RICH BY RACING THEM.SO WHERE EVERY IT IS. LETS HAVE A PARTY AND HAVE A GOOD TIME WIN OR LOSE.SORRY IF I HURT ANYONE FEELINGS BUT LETS JUST RACE

SEE YALL NEXT WEEKEND (CORAL SPRINGS) SUPER CUP
Old 04-19-2012, 12:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Im really glad to see we are not talking about boosted speedos in stock class or complaining about where the regionals are going to be held this year!

NOT!

Shiverville would be a great place to host the regionals, good people and a great facility. Good luck Ken, let us know if you need anything!
Old 04-19-2012, 12:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mapplegate
Im really glad to see we are not talking about boosted speedos in stock class or complaining about where the regionals are going to be held this year!

NOT!

Shiverville would be a great place to host the regionals, good people and a great facility. Good luck Ken, let us know if you need anything!
Just in case anyone was wondering. That ^^^ was a thinly veiled code for Coral Springs is not interested in hosting the regionals again....

LOL
Old 04-19-2012, 01:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Who is the ROAR Region 4 director?
Does he/she regularly go to the different tracks and meet with the track owners / racers to explain the benefits of ROAR membership?
Is that something a regional director is supposed to do?
Make your face known, show people what they are getting for their $25 a year and put effort into building the ROAR track and racer membership up.

I'm all for reasonable sanctioning of a race. I believe in the different areas organizing so that each track gets visitors from all across the state. I am baffled there are so many different series' going on in the state. Why not use the ROAR director as a conduit between the tracks to make a strong series that would draw a couple hundred racers to a state race and make it worth the effort required.

I'm speaking from a position of ignorance about the ROAR region 4 director so keep the flaming to yourself. I'm merely curious and have ideas to share.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.