Wiki Posts
Search

Miami RC raceway NEW layout opening !!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 09:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Doughboy305
Im sorry I didn't realize your 5 min rc career makes you an automatic expert. I think you should spend more time enjoying the tracks and not so much time trying to change everything about them. I see you compare every track to springs lets see how long before you start complaining about that one to
Originally Posted by rbcts
He does. They dont open enough for him.
Originally Posted by dirtydan
+1
First of all.... I said IDEAS get it! IDEAS not a complaint at all, but if you like to talk to me in person please do! And wether i've been doing it for 5 minutes or more doesn't matter.... If this is how you react to peoples ideas i see why there is the same 10 people at the track..... Learn how to be respectful before your words have actions.....
Old 05-16-2012, 09:16 AM
Tech Master

that would be the case if they didnt use screening sand under the clay. there is 10 inches of screening sand and 6 inches of clay and even less on the straight. the big table top is 1 truck load of screening sand covered by a few inches of clay. a track redo will require at minium 4 loads of clay @ 700.00 per load. so they will need donations or wait untill they recover the 5000 they just finished investing into the track.
Hey Dan thanks for the info, i thought it was all clay....you see how simply answering a question or having a constructive response could be!
Old 05-16-2012, 09:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlackStarRacing
First of all.... I said IDEAS get it! IDEAS not a complaint at all, but if you like to talk to me in person please do! And wether i've been doing it for 5 minutes or more doesn't matter.... If this is how you react to peoples ideas i see why there is the same 10 people at the track..... Learn how to be respectful before your words have actions.....
Ideas are great but reality is reality. You forget you are talking to people who have been around this track for a while and keep supporting it and making it a better place. I have no problem talking to you in person and really dont appreciate your threat. Im usually at this track once a week and race at the other South Florida tracks in the weekend. If you dont know who I am just ask for Fernando. You wont have a problem finding me.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rbcts
Ideas are great but reality is reality. You forget you are talking to people who have been around this track for a while and keep supporting it and making it a better place. I have no problem talking to you in person and really dont appreciate your threat. Im usually at this track once a week and race at the other South Florida tracks in the weekend. If you dont know who I am just ask for Fernando. You wont have a problem finding me.
Oh its not a threat I'm saying don't talk trash here, if you have something to say say it to me..... And it has nothing to do with reality, really.... You see you guys always have something smart to reply with but what it really does is make people like me who drive 35 minutes to support this track not want to go...thats why tracks die!
Old 05-16-2012, 09:31 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

[QUOTE=BlackStarRacing;10740555]First of all.... I said IDEAS get it! IDEAS not a complaint at all, but if you like to talk to me in person please do! And wether i've been doing it for 5 minutes or more doesn't matter.... If this is how you react to peoples ideas i see why there is the same 10 people at the track..... Learn how to be respectful before your words

Second thread you seem to find confrontation maybe you should look in the mirror and find the problem. Your threats of seeing you in person don't scare me I'm not hard to find at the track either
Old 05-16-2012, 10:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Where is Danny meta world peace when u need him. Lol
Old 05-16-2012, 10:28 AM
Tech Master

Where is Danny meta world peace when u need him. Lol
I'm throwing elbows Dan...lmao....Hey Dan what kind of wing was that you gave to me i want to pick up some for my 22?
Old 05-16-2012, 10:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Jconcepts 6.5
Old 05-16-2012, 10:50 AM
Tech Master

Jconcepts 6.5
ok got a deal on ebay for those exact ones!
Old 05-17-2012, 07:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Has anyone dropped off flyers to ALL of the local hobbyshops about the track? The track needs to keep growing. I would think that a lot of kids would love to run at the track. I am sure many local hobbyshops are selling Slash 4x4's and 2wd's..... There are many of us who would help the newbies with maintenance as well. In my opinion, the flyer should be Miami RC Raceway oriented rather than using the hobbyshops name on the flyer so as to promote the track to other hobbyshops. I would also get email addresses from every racer and practice participant and send them one for a race event.... How about offer a coupon on the flyer.. such as bring a racer and race for free... This track could be great.. It will take some effort....
Old 05-17-2012, 07:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I concur!
Old 05-17-2012, 07:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Here are a few other thoughts.... I know Warrick Hobbies has brochure holders for local tracks... they are 8 1/2 x 11 slots if memory serves... I saw a flyer there for Coral Springs/Super Cup race... There are racers at the track that could drop them off as they live there or go to Mills Pond.... so one would not make a trip to just drop off flyers.. Many years ago I taught tennis. I went to the schools and put on demonstrations.. I had staff to get email and phone numbers for the kids.. I followed up with special promotions and bingo... I got a lot of business.... I would think that one can get in the door by stressing math and science skills.. I believe the guy at Bashers does a lot of marketing.. Someone should pick his brain.. I have heard he does a lot with rentals and birthday parties... my .03...inflation
Old 05-17-2012, 08:19 AM
Tech Adept

Bashers has a party room. They also offer rentals SCT. With the rental program Bashers gives a chance for new people to get into the hobby. When a new racer comes along and uses a rental in his first race by the next week he will have his own kit and new racer is hooked. Job well done Brian.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:18 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SouthFloridaApp
Here are a few other thoughts.... I know Warrick Hobbies has brochure holders for local tracks... they are 8 1/2 x 11 slots if memory serves... I saw a flyer there for Coral Springs/Super Cup race... There are racers at the track that could drop them off as they live there or go to Mills Pond.... so one would not make a trip to just drop off flyers.. Many years ago I taught tennis. I went to the schools and put on demonstrations.. I had staff to get email and phone numbers for the kids.. I followed up with special promotions and bingo... I got a lot of business.... I would think that one can get in the door by stressing math and science skills.. I believe the guy at Bashers does a lot of marketing.. Someone should pick his brain.. I have heard he does a lot with rentals and birthday parties... my .03...inflation
Originally Posted by b4infl
Bashers has a party room. They also offer rentals SCT. With the rental program Bashers gives a chance for new people to get into the hobby. When a new racer comes along and uses a rental in his first race by the next week he will have his own kit and new racer is hooked. Job well done Brian.
Those are great ideas, and renting the product you sell will only help increase the hobby stores sales and help the track grow.... I love the track, but to be honest we have to help change the thoughts of other rc guys about the track...im willing to help acquire cross promotion to help with bringing in funds to improve the track and its equipment so when people visit they have the same enjoyment that we do now!! Im thinking about putting together a Money Race at the track to help bring some of the northern guys down to Miami...so lets talk!!!
Old 05-17-2012, 03:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

tracks is open and ready to be use !!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.