Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FSEARA Hall of Fame.

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2004, 07:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Manny and Virginia Llorente are still living in Miami..Manny's the one that got me into racing..I remember running with Rob and Dave at k&G at night....My purple Mercedes Sauber that I pulled from the trash!!

The orange blossom classic at TY was the best!!!

Wow those were the days....then again I was 13!! LOL!!
Old 12-15-2004, 10:10 PM
Tech Elite

yes bill joe and rich! I remember manny he started towrds the time I was about to go
on semiretirement. I think sean is the new era were talkimg pre 90. the fore fathers
the series.

After 92 is modern era. I remember your origional races in jacksonville, out in front of the stripmall.
Old 12-16-2004, 03:25 AM
PMK
Tech Apprentice

I'm starting to not like this thread with the term forefathers being used, so easy there you young whipper snappers. Trying to place some of these names to faces, Manny, wasn't he the one that had some pretty serious full size cars? Somehow I remember something about a Hans Stuck Audi Quattro race car being driven on the street with some wild stories to go with it.

Hector does have a good idea though in regards to a time frame. It seems that from the start until 88/89 was all 1/12th scale, 88/89 saw 1/10 pan cars evolve, I'm not sure when the touring cars were introduced but it does seem there are three definent steps to this 25 year evolution.

PK
Old 12-16-2004, 06:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Wow I've been mentioned in the same sentence with Earnhardt AND Rainbow Rider....I feel honored!! Thanks guys. As far as drivers, I gotta vote for Art Carbonnel, Andy Dobson, Bob Hall, Dave Vera, and Paul Wynn, as I have finished second to each of them quite a few times.
Old 12-16-2004, 07:04 AM
Suspended

I remember a stretch of time in the late 80s/early 90s where Troy must've TQ'd 1/12 Mod about 30 times, but could never win the main. It was just weird how it kept happening.

Old 12-16-2004, 10:40 AM
Tech Elite

No paul this was a kid that is physically challanged. He was in the after 92 era.
That other manny dude was a plain nut!

1/12 " peak era" the beging till 89.
1/10 89 till 99.
1/10 touring 97, (correct me if I am wrong fellas.
1/12 is still there its had up and downs but it is still strong incertain areas, esppecially at larger events and indoors up north.
Old 12-16-2004, 11:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I raced the series back in I think 83-85 before getting into off-road when it came around. I used to attend the races with Pete Petersen and his father. If I remember correctly he did real well in the series for several years before moving to California. He is the one that got me out of the hobby shop and on to the track. I wasn't old enough to drive at the time.
Old 12-16-2004, 04:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hector the first state race in Jacksonville(1983) was in the axualliary parking lot for the orange park kennel club.There are pictures I gave Tim in my scrapbook with some pallets and drivers on them ( The Kelley Brothers and Ed Edinburg). This was the race where I was was beating my friend (for the first time)Eddie Hermmann in the C main and the person named Mike Alexander was turn marshalling. Eddie always qualified in the A or B main back then. He had a full cast on his leg - guess what I hit full throttle down the front straight away- his cast.He didn't feel a thing but my car never moved. Nobody could talk to me for a hour after that. The series passed a rule that you could not turn marshall with a cast on your leg. Great help to me - Eddie beat me again. I wouldn't talk to Mike For many months after that- he really was a nice guy and I got along great with him. The body is still on my wall and I showed it to Eddie many times.
Our second race was the Trophy(the last race of the season) in Drew park in November. Friday was great- saturday was great and Sunday the weather turned cold.
After that we went to the many parking lots around town to host races.That's when we got races in April - and There are plenty of showers in that month. We got quite a rep. for getting rained out on sundays .
Old 12-17-2004, 05:37 PM
Tech Master

i must say paulds dad jerry was awesome! he helped about everyone since back in the whip days!

maybe a track owner category

a manufacturer category

retired driver category

broken hip category? oops sorry troy...

who can forget the day troy fell off the 2 foot high drivers stand?

hector i remember the different bodies back in the day..i remember not knowing what body was legal and scrambling for a used body to use so i could race! lol but oval bodies would get my vote!
Old 12-20-2004, 01:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally posted by McSmooth
I remember a stretch of time in the late 80s/early 90s where Troy must've TQ'd 1/12 Mod about 30 times, but could never win the main. It was just weird how it kept happening.

whats next? troy with a black and silver paint job and growin a mustache ?? .......muuuuuuuhahahaha.

TROY FOR THE HALL !!!!
Old 01-16-2006, 07:42 AM
Tech Rookie

Default a bit late but....

Hello all... Yup its me... Norman... I guess im a bit late in finding this thread since i guess the las post was a couple of years ago!!! but in glad that someone remembered me and the Flying Penguin and thanks for the nomination . REALLY MISS ALL THE SFEAR GANG. and all the racing too... Since I left (back in 1990) 16 years.. wow Ive been living in Margarita Island (venezuelan caribbean) Working as Golf Director in a Resort Hotel (doing pretty good if i may say so) There is no r/c racing here... havent touched a car since i left (except for little Tycos that i bought for my kids) yes have 2 kids 9 and 5 years.

Well i got all nostalgic with the postings... My best regards to all the racers... really would like to know how you all are doing now a days..

PS... still have my delta 1/12 and Kraft radio.. dont know why.. I guess just rememberance of the good all days...

MY VOTE IF ALLOWED: ART CARBONELL! Definetly the best guy in RC racing in the World.....