Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FSEARA Hall of Fame.

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2004, 11:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I also just found the top 10 from 12th mod for 1981 ( also a McNeely article)

1. J. Parcell
2. G.Crumb
3. S.Cupp
4. M. Klendworth
5. E. Endberg
6. T. Morgan
7. A .Tilles
8. D. Miller
9. R. Leeds
10. B. Turner
Old 12-14-2004, 11:58 AM
Tech Elite

tim I will try to have to you in about a week The stuff is at my parents house in miami. All the stuff is in my old bedroom.
I know I had a few flyers. We had to preregister back then for a race. I even have a video on vhs of a state race in 91 where I interviewed drivers before the start of the race. artcobonell, terry matthis, sean lue. dan salvatore, frank duraza, even Jinm fuller are interviewed.
Just dont know how to transfer it onto a cd format!
Old 12-14-2004, 12:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Alex Lopez - hall of fame?

??
Old 12-14-2004, 03:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by SirSpeedy
Alex Lopez - wall of shame?

??

tim how dare you!

mike mcbride all time 12th scale ownage

you also had jim fuller, ernie bucci, tim and jeff davis maybe even steve swindle? bobby horan? and the trichatellas (spell check)

and the crooked hip mofo troy schaffer.......

lots of names have participated in the series...
Old 12-14-2004, 04:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Frankie T - many wins in concours and 1/12th and 10th class. As one of the series orginators- Eddie Herrmann. Steve Whitney who went from state series director and also was the ROAR adminstrator. Definetly Clyde Armstrong from Naples- One year the series stayed alive because he hosted most it not all of the races. Clyde also helped the Jacksonville track out by coming to Jacksonville for a week and smoothing down the track.He also hosted the nationals. Also Bill Pinch from the Space coast also hosted the 1992 Nationals at the Pinta hotel in Orlando. The first 1/12th nationals held in Orlando in 1986 with Lance Reynolds doing most of the work. It was held indoors and Rioch Hohwart won his first champhionship. I won his motor. Jay Blackwood from Melboure for hosting the many Red Lobster Classic races. This was the first time the amb system was used (86 ?). Scott Schickle for having the loudest-noisiest generator ever used at many state races. Alan Lane for vibrating everyone off the drivers stand while he raced. Evan Shenfield from Rainbow riders for all the best paint and concourse events he sponsored. Kim Davis from Composite Craft. Rocket Ron Benash.
Old 12-14-2004, 05:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I thought Tim Raskin was the one who used to shake the driver's stand.
Old 12-14-2004, 06:20 PM
Tech Master

come on guys racer "X" Lance Elbertson with all of his homemade cars that kicked serious butt.
Old 12-14-2004, 09:02 PM
PMK
Tech Apprentice

FWIW, Gary Crumb is still racing. As are the Essers, and several other comebacks.

As for that state race, I remember many nights dealing with the wife trying to at least get a grip of the impending swarm of possible complaints by prestacking the entries as fair as we could.

Sad part about the RCnews article was the following year when we approached RCnews for support again, Lou Perralta wrote a little slam in the letter to editors, bitching we wanted free stuff. Ironically that article was written as payment for about 4 boxes of RCnews magazines that were from the previous months, not even current. Needless to say even though he offered the same deal of out of date magazines as swag in exchange for a written article with photos, he was permanetly removed from the good guy list. He never published my reply to his letter in the editor column.

Art without question, along with Steve Whitney. There were many during the 80's, I would say Bruce also from Autographics for years of supplying free numbers and being the title sponsor.

The list will gain momentum, but really it should be decided what grounds to decide upon. The real movers and shakers should come first.

PK
Old 12-15-2004, 06:06 AM
Tech Elite

I agree paul we need to remember those that started it while this stuff is still active in our memories.
The origional guys that started the series need to come first. Most of the other stuff post 94 ( ap ) after pancar should be consisderd modern era due to the introduction of touring cars.

these are some name I can remember of because I raced with them along side some of you guys since I been around since 86.

no particular order.

art carbonel,ray schinder,benny tuscen,dan salvatore,greg barker(k&g hobbies),ed edenburg,don hall,jim fuller, terry matthis,kim davis(composite craft),jeff davis,,terry rott,chris dosek,andy dobson,bob and billy ludwig, lance albertson, glenn hamound, mike sr and jr mcbride(team smooth), ron benash, john malin, dave and rob bowser, tony galves, frank duranza, paul and jeanie knudson, charlie bone,tim raskin, skippy gibbson, bobby horan, edwin macturious, paul, and jerry wynn(redline), ed schafer, troy and his brother? schafer, tony padilla, pat butler, bill fraden, steve whitney, eddie hurman, bob trinchatella, bob hall, dave and miguel vera, joe conte,rich grubb, dj apalaro(road raceway 1st carpet indoor track in florida), mike bush (dr d's) , norman rodrieguez (flying penguin hobbies), sean and dereck lue, mike burnette(total domination in the late 80's from georga), steve swindle, juan sat, cliff rose, cliff guest,Kevin hubbard, and me hector.
If I forgot someone sorry I just put people who i remember their last names!
I know their were some great people in our hobby at the begining that made as great as it was, there will never be an era as the pan car days. the level and intesity of racing will never be the same.
Prototype racing! To have been apart of something and remeber is awsome!

Last edited by speedxl; 12-15-2004 at 07:00 AM.
Old 12-15-2004, 06:47 AM
Tech Champion

Hector, that has to be one of your best posts of all time for you.
Old 12-15-2004, 07:15 AM
PMK
Tech Apprentice

Hector, your list is like a from year 5 to more present. Going back a little, I haven't seen all the directors named, like Eric Gudger. As for getting SFEAR continually involved was John Hall who still helped Frank and I run the SFEAR club even though he had basically stopped racing electric, along with Dean Jameson, Mike Alexander, Mike Klendworth And also Omar Formisano. And when it came to being a nice guy and always doing more than his share, Robert Carlton. This is what I mean anything like this should be movers and shakers of the series above all the rest. There have been a lot of great people involved in the series over the years.

PK
Old 12-15-2004, 07:52 AM
Tech Elite

Paul I do remeber those guys
Omar the hispanic guy somewhat chubby. Eric grudger who became roar pres after state series director,
robert carlton the black guy He gave me my first super phaser!. I mentioned don hall I meant john who also worked with art during the bmt and vicfor days.
Mike alexander aswell. I dont remember dean by name or klenworth.
Keep in mind I was only 16! years old basically a kid when these guys were at thier peak! Its hard to remember those names. I would recognize them if I saw them. Paul you are a few years older then me. At that time my dad took me to the races.
And to think I started in 86 It still makes me old school! Damn pre transponder days! sound of the horn and stop at the nearest number. I remember jeanie with a tape recorder and video camara counting laps at state races with someone else calling numbers!thats old!

Remember the orange bloosom classic when we would run oval with sprint car bodies also on our club flyer we always ran different body styles. One race gt (transam) another race would be gtp, then can am. And we cant forget everyonce in awhile we would run a nascar body.
It seems we all had fun running different types of bodies back then we were more daring to try things to have fun!!! And it was all twelth scale.

Trying to get these guys to run different bodies today is like pulling teeth.
I would like for state races to alternate body styles. It would keep it intresting and make it fun.

Last edited by speedxl; 12-15-2004 at 08:00 AM.
Old 12-15-2004, 11:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Troy Schafer for the FSEARA Hall of Fame. Troy has been fast from the days of assoc 12i's, mod pan car, mod touring and 19T touring and everything else in bewteen. He's also been a mainstay of the series and helpful to new and old racers. He races you hard and clean, whenever troy would come up to lap me i just knew he wouldnt run me over.......lol.

Troy has raced the series probably close to 20 years and finally won his championship in the 19T mod class a few years back, he was long overdue.....Troy does that make you the Earnhardt of FSEARA? ......muuuuuuuuhahahahha.

Troy for the Hall !!!!
Old 12-15-2004, 12:25 PM
Tech Champion

Keep em coming !!!!
Old 12-15-2004, 04:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I forgot Dave Willets and Mike Frommer. Also Bruce Wilson as stated for the numbers he donated for many years (Autographics).He also had Jackets and shirts made for us. Hey Hector how about Manny?
The manufacturers support of the series- Bolink/Delta/Associated/Composite Craft (D&D Graphite)Novak/Tekin. Tim Raskin with Magnum motors.And a special note for Jerry Wynn (paul's dad) for the many Redline motors.He always found the time to help anyone out with motors.What a bunch of you never got to experience was the Carriggs steak dinners on saturday nights at the track!!! As for characters- Steve Minea of TeamPit Stop with the horse trailer and that strange car he came out with (1/10th). Did you mention Joe Conte and Richard Grubb. How about the Coopers- Sean and his parents.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.