Wiki Posts
Search

TKO Rc Off-Road Club - Northwest Florida

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 07:26 AM
Tech Regular

Default TKO Rc Off-Road Club - Northwest Florida

Good morning everyone!

I am proud to announce the building of Florida's newest RC Park. TKO Rc Off-Road Club. Centrally located just off from I-10 in Chipley Florida. At the current moment we have 20 acres to build one of Florida's largest off road tracks with a possibility of up to 50 acres if the city approves it on Thursday. This will give us the amount of room to provide a top notch racing facility. Right now, plans are to include a clay off-road track with the possible foot print of 240' X 180' making it one of the largest RC tracks in the US. We are designing the track to be 1/10 friendly. There is also a posiblility of a completely seperate track for 1/10 and corr truck if we get approval of the additional acres. Also we are planning the build of a clay dirt oval with banked turns. That will be after the off-road in completed.
For furthure information, please contact me via PM.
I will update as ground breaking gets closer.
Thank you for reading this post and I hope to RACE with you all soon!!!
Old 09-06-2011, 09:14 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Wow that sounds amazing! I am so glad something like this is opening up close to Tallahassee! Man, I know a bunch of us will probably be there every weekend! Please keep us posted.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:18 AM
Tech Adept

Rock on brother, If you build it they will come Looken foward to it.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

I will be making the trip too.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:32 AM
Tech Regular

Default Update

Tomorrow will be the final vote at the city council meeting at 6:00pm in chipley. Everything looks great and should pass with flying colors. If anyone will be in the area and would like to attend, feel free to pm me for further information.
Also, it looks like we'll be removing the drivers stand and pit lane from the old RC Fun track in rohobeth possibly this weekend and transplanting it to the new track location in chipley. Lenard from Country Guns (the new business were RC Fun was) gladly donated the drivers stand, pit lane and any tubeing left at the old location. Extra hands would be greatly appriceated if you have the time. As it stands after tomorrows vote, we'll have 50 acres to build florida's premier RC racing facility. Our goals include a 240' X 180' 1/8 nitro off-road track, a 120' X 80' 1/10 and Corr truck track, A large dirt oval with banked incline turns, Rock crawling coarse, and possibly a man made pond for some boat racing. The location already includes a Air field for those of you who fly planes already.
Obviously this won't happen over night, but with enough hands, hard work and some dedication, the northwest panhandle will be considered floridas racing hot spot. I look forward to opening day and to everybody I currently race with along with all the new faces and competition.

Last edited by lowlife88; 09-12-2011 at 06:48 AM.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:39 AM
Tech Regular

Just FYI, I know the track size sound huge but we are wanting to have 15' lanes all the way around that way this can cater to 1/5 racing. I think with the addition to the losi 5ive-T it's going to start a trend with other manufactures and we want to be ready to accommodate this possible class.
Old 09-13-2011, 04:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I can't wait for this to happen. I have alway's wanted a huge track and it looks like my dream is coming true. Will a open barn cover the track so that we can't get rained out? I know I'm jumping way to far ahead but I figured I'd ask any way. Either way I'll be there racing. I'm so excited, it feels like christmas.
Old 09-13-2011, 04:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Default oh yeah !!

Count on seeing me there as well !! Keep us informed on how things are going !!
Old 09-13-2011, 06:44 PM
Tech Rookie

This track is going to be nice . Can't wait I'll be there for sure!
Old 09-14-2011, 08:08 AM
Tech Regular

Last night was the council voting......... The city is behind us 100% however before we set foot on the property we must provide liability insurance. So I'm woking on that today. If anyone has any info on inexpensive insurance, please PM with the info. This is NOT a set-back. Our goal is a combined 50 acres of property. The city only owns 30 of that. The other 20 has already been donated to us, so till we have the insurance for the city's land, we're going to get started on the other 20.

It's not set up as a physical address yet, but if you do a map quest it's on the corner of Spangenburg Rd & South Blvd in Chipley, Florida 32428.
We will be announcing a "GROUND BREAKING TRACK PARTY" soon. Burgers, hot dogs, chips, soda's will be provided. It's your chance to come out and have a great time with a bunch of folks as well as meeting some new ones. Heck we might get some work out of a few of ya!! LOL.
This task for such a large park is huge. We can only make it happen with community involvement and dedicated racers like you all.
We are waiting on our first 20 truck loads of clay, then after that it's time to get to work!
Old 09-14-2011, 08:13 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by William "Q"
I can't wait for this to happen. I have alway's wanted a huge track and it looks like my dream is coming true. Will a open barn cover the track so that we can't get rained out? I know I'm jumping way to far ahead but I figured I'd ask any way. Either way I'll be there racing. I'm so excited, it feels like christmas.
For the time being, there is no plans for a covered barn yet. However things can change day to day. Just like yesturday my partner in this (Keith Collins of His & Hers Hobbies) mentioned a paved oval as possibly being in the works. Big plans and tons of work!!!!!!!! But I think this is what everybody in the south east has been waiting for!

Feel free to contact me via pm or 1-850-260-4608 C

I'm ready to burn some NITRO!!!!!!!
Old 09-14-2011, 10:26 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

With the track dimensions, this is going to be the next thing in my R/C Aresenal.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGoN8...eature=related
Old 09-14-2011, 05:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lowlife88
Last night was the council voting......... The city is behind us 100% however before we set foot on the property we must provide liability insurance. So I'm woking on that today. If anyone has any info on inexpensive insurance, please PM with the info. This is NOT a set-back. Our goal is a combined 50 acres of property. The city only owns 30 of that. The other 20 has already been donated to us, so till we have the insurance for the city's land, we're going to get started on the other 20.

It's not set up as a physical address yet, but if you do a map quest it's on the corner of Spangenburg Rd & South Blvd in Chipley, Florida 32428.
We will be announcing a "GROUND BREAKING TRACK PARTY" soon. Burgers, hot dogs, chips, soda's will be provided. It's your chance to come out and have a great time with a bunch of folks as well as meeting some new ones. Heck we might get some work out of a few of ya!! LOL.
This task for such a large park is huge. We can only make it happen with community involvement and dedicated racers like you all.
We are waiting on our first 20 truck loads of clay, then after that it's time to get to work!
Call roar they will provide A $1,000,000 insurance for under $100 a year. All racers will have to have roar card to race. Well worth it. Each racer is insuranced for a million ad well in liabilities.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

how bout a shade on the drivers stand & a couple of fans, it will keep us cooler & help keep bugs off us
Old 09-15-2011, 06:27 AM
Tech Adept

Next thing "Q" will want is air conditioning and a chocolate on his pillow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.