Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Florida Racing
Help me choose my Electric R/C (Vorza, E-Revo or what?) >

Help me choose my Electric R/C (Vorza, E-Revo or what?)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help me choose my Electric R/C (Vorza, E-Revo or what?)

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 07:20 PM
MRZ
Tech Rookie

Default Help me choose my Electric R/C (Vorza, E-Revo or what?)

Hello:
My passion is been always RC Cars and now I am getting the chance to start with it. I would like to know which RC Car is best to start with considering:
- I need it mainly / firstly for bashing, off road, running it in parks, dirt,
- I am going to exercise different tricks and learn about controlling the car
- Either I do not have something or I would have its best (sounds crazy because I might go for an expensive one and damage it because I am also training myself on it )
- I love it to be fast, speed is everything for me

Through my search I have learned about E-Revo Brushless 1/10 by Traxxas and Vorza Flux HP by HPI. Although both deliver same range of speed, it appears that Vorza is more durable and more aluminum parts are used in it than E-Revo being more plastic. More ground clearance on E-Revo than Vorza but better jumps and less part breakage seen on Vorza.

I would appreciate to have your advise on what is best to choose and if there is a 3rd choice !!

Thanks for your time and help.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:54 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

You'll get better, and more, answers if you post this in the Rookie Zone thread on the main page. There really is no right answer. Go to your local hobby shop and see what brand of parts they carry. Find a track in your area and see what locals run. Know if you want to race before you buy, not all trucks are really for competition. Have fun!