Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Florida Racing
New Schedule at Strickand @ Daytona >

New Schedule at Strickand @ Daytona

New Schedule at Strickand @ Daytona

Old 08-26-2004, 03:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Exclamation New Schedule at Strickand @ Daytona

Magnum R/C will no longer promote racing at Strickland R/C Park tracks as of 082804. We wish them best in their future endevors.

Mike Bean will assume the promotion of races after the first of September. As of this date the only race scheduled is the Southern oval race of Sept 8&9,2004, and the State off road race on Oct 9&10,2004. There will be additional race schedule announced the first week of Sept. We will race touring, oval and off-road monthly. Please bear with us during this reorganization. The track is alive and healthy. The track is a seperate entity than any promoter and is open to any promoter that wants to promote races there. We will also be reorganizing our website at our same internet address soon. http://daytona-rc.homeip.net

thanks for your patronage and patience. Sheriff Mike
[email protected]
Old 08-26-2004, 04:06 PM

that really sucks who is going to run it looks like we will have to have oval racing there every friday night or every saturday
Old 08-26-2004, 04:07 PM

who thinks Rob Michael should put on some races at strickland
Old 08-26-2004, 06:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Todd, Mike Bean, Curt, Mel and the gang are more than capable of running the races @ strickland.. and have been supporting/holding the oval races there this entire year. Mike Bean also does the Speedway Spectacular @ Daytona International Speedway. he's no rookie when it comes to holding a quality event.

Robbie or any other person who would like to hold a race there it would seem all they would have to do is contact sheriff mike.

Strickland is a great facility for on-road, oval and dirt.

lets support it and help keep it around

Rich Boehmler
Old 08-26-2004, 06:36 PM

i did not say that i know he is good at running an event im just glad he is running it because now we will have more oval
Old 08-26-2004, 06:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

10-4 Todd..I hear ya ....i like me some good oval racing but there's no problemo lettin the on-road guys and dirt guys have some fun too.. .... the more the merrier. as long as its not all on the same day ......

peace
Old 08-26-2004, 08:15 PM
Tech Master

wow! the cancer is removed! this move will do nothing but bolster the track and attendance! it will be organized now! this is great news from where i sit!

mr allen! why would robby rent a slab of ashpault 40 miles from superior when he has a slab of asphault 15 feet from his hobby shop doors? kid put down the paragon!

between mike and myself i think we can have a nice show or two or three out there!
Old 08-26-2004, 08:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Wow - what have I missed?
Old 08-27-2004, 10:36 AM
Tech Master

tim i cannot explain to you in 1 million words or less about friday night racing or the off road program that rich ran out at strickland! this requires a waffle house all nighter to get you caught up! lol he ran races like back in the 70's before there were several sets of crystals and track marshaling before you raced? i'm talking the race before you were racing in? i went to watch and watch all the gas cars with throttle return springs removed fly off into the sun set! killer stuff...xxx main the video is rated G compared to these follies! i wonder if bean is going to run the off road show as well?
Old 08-27-2004, 08:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Billie and Rich made a great contribution to the life and construction of the track as it is now and have earned the money for the track to build by bringing in new racers. No one should throw stones Unless they have made at least a comparable contribution. Differences of opinion will always exist. We will move on in the life of the track and I am sure that someone will find some fault with something in the future. Katfish, I like ya, and respect ya as a racer, but you can be an asshole sometimes. You never race anything but oval but you seem to always want to talk smack about what you don't participate in, so give it a rest.. get a girl friend.

Sheriff Mike
Old 08-27-2004, 08:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

P.S. Rob may just be interested= better surface, all he would have to bring is the scoring system, not be hindered by city zoning limits, new clientel for his business an hour away, etc . ya never know.
Old 08-27-2004, 08:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

i dont no if you said,but what the reason for not racing nitro on fridays anymore?
Old 08-27-2004, 09:37 PM
Tech Master

mike if it smells like shizznit it is shizznit! and i know everything! not sure what a g friend would have to do with running a race correctly? it was amature night on fridays and sundays out there! and if you think for a second i have only ran oval in the past 18 years of r/c racing you are crazy! 86 i started in off-road..moved onto 12th on-road..went to oval 12th mod at whip..took a break from racing in the early 90's..got a touring sled A(losi street weapon) went back to my roots and run strickly oval now. i love r/c racing and in 18 years of r/c racing i have seen great tracks and race programs and i have seen and raced at alot of crappy ones as well... fact is i got so fed up with how some races are ran i created my own series..so far so good..would be even better if the tracks would stay open and adhere to the schedule..but you live and learn.. if you think 18 years experience is not enough to smell shizznit than i'm not sure how many years more i have to go?

the off road track is a pile of horse manure..jumps as large as a bmx track? no flow what so ever...no chance for electric buggies or trucks ...turn marshaling directly before your race? one frequency clip per person for the day? it's was like back in the early 80's out there....running off road 1/8th scale buggies around a paved asphault oval?

the crazy part is..a few of us went out this year..it was the coldest night in florida sometime in january..and there were 70 racers there! he had 70 or more in front of his old shop..and that was when there was no track set-up? maybe 2 pipes made a track? gas cars flying around outside the track? it was an insurance nightmare! i felt safer standing inside the track,lol.

than when he moved out to strickland they brought there bad habbits with them..the 1/8 buggies would zip all around outside of the dirt track..very few ran on the track? the track was undriveable for most..kinwald would have a hard time running on that monster..

keep the dirt cars on the dirt track...remove or redo most of those stupid jumps..make the track easy and fun to drive..dont make it so 2% of the racers can make it around the track..KISS is the rule of the day... and i have no idea how you keep the clay moist enough in the middle of the day to race on? it takes constant watering with a hose,only 1 hose at that.

and my last question is..if rich and billie are/were so great than where are they now? did they quit the hobby? decide it was too much work? i dont hate billie or rich..it was just kinda sad to see how they didn't care how to run a race program..and they never ever tried to support any of beans races? i was out there many a friday night and they never ever announced the oval program..

my god man i can go on for another 3 pages,lol...

i'm happy bean is going to help....but he likes to race as well...i just dont see him out there every weekend for the off-road and on -road programs? each race will need an announcer..and the off road track will need constant maintnance.. i would love to help but i'm a azzhole as you put it........ i tell it like it is..no sugar on top.. if that makes me an azzhole than so be it... see you at the oval races....unless i get a tresspass warrant? god forbid someone express how they feel anymore.. sheesh

and mike i didn't attack you in my post above? not sure why you lit into me? you had nothing to do with them...you got the track paved..for that i will be forever grateful..but if those guys ran it..i would never show up for there race..kinda like you dont run in my series? hmmmmmm

Last edited by UCHEATULOSE; 08-28-2004 at 07:13 PM.
Old 08-29-2004, 09:58 AM

kat have you been to hobbyworld superspeedway or brandford
Old 08-29-2004, 02:04 PM
Tech Master

hobby world..branford is a cap track.. hobby world is taladega..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.