Wiki Posts
Search

dumb it down

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 06:33 AM
Tech Rookie

Default dumb it down

hello,

i was at sonnys yesterday in plant city and saw a sign that said florida indoor rc complex. so of course i had to stop by. i used to race nitro on and off. i havnt touched my nitro cars in years though. my 7 yr old was with me an he was amazed at some of the cars practicing. so all that to get here:

as someone who has never run electic can you dumb things down? im sure you can imagine if you didnt know how hard it would be to know. lol

like the oval class. i believe the nastuck is a pan car chassis? are they all pan cars with differant bodies?

so is there anyway to make a sticky or explain things out so a noob could walk into a hobby store or go online and know exactly what he needs? (aside from brands- he'll have to research that)

thanks for the help
Old 02-02-2011, 08:47 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

If I could give you any advice, it would be go back to the track and talk to the racers...they'll give you the best advice on eqipment, needs, classes, hobby shops, and even websites for more/better info. Look at the classes offered and head towards one that you think might be fun and challenging. Often, racers will have used equipment that is still competitive at great prices. With the hew technology, horsepower won't be a problem, whatever the class. Good luck and have fun!
Old 02-02-2011, 09:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

There will be an Oval Points Series Race there on Saturday. I'm sure if you stop by they will be able to answer any questions you might have. I run the road course series so I wouldn't be able to help you much, we run on Sunday if you have any interest in that.

As someone who purchased everything before going to the track I can tell you that Mark's advice is spot on. I would've saved a good amount of money if I would've checked with the track locals first.