Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pan cars in orlando

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2004, 06:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Pan cars in orlando

How much interest do we have in this? I know there is a bunch of guys in this general area that would like to dust the stuff off. how about 6 cell stock classes in 1/12th and 1/10th scale. Generally i run all nitro because of lack of people in electric, but all my nitro stuff is tied up in projects, and i have alot of 1/12th stuff. at least enough tires for 2 seasons
Old 08-01-2004, 06:37 PM
Tech Master

back to the future? 6 cells in 12th scales? ahahahhahhahahh they went out about 10 years ago! lol

those new fangled touring cars helped put to rest those over powered pan cars..

now put 4 cells in them and a ultrabird motor and you may find them cool to race with?
Old 08-01-2004, 07:53 PM
Tech Initiate

yeah, there are a bunch of pu$$ies who dont want to run a real car. last snowbird nats i went too, some of the a-main 4 cell mod 1/12 guys were running 6 cells and 12 doubles i thought i was great running the 1/12 a-main with cyrul and the boys - then i realized there was only 12 guys in the class
Old 08-01-2004, 08:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The 4 cells cars with a 10 or 9 turn motor is just as fast as a 6 cell car. You just dont have the rip you did with 6 cells. The 4 cells cars handle better and are easier on tires too.

You will find all the new cars don't have slots for 6 cells...its all 4 cell only.
Old 08-01-2004, 08:23 PM
Tech Master

ignorance is bliss,or it always has been that way for me?

soon 6 cells assembled together will be for emaxx's and a r/c museum! 4 cell baby!
Old 08-02-2004, 04:02 AM
Tech Champion

You can run a 6 cell stock(wide chassis) with a gtp type body at our next state race at Full throttle.Most of us I hope will be running 4 cell 19t (Narrow chassis) with TC bodies. Either way we are trying to get this class going again.If you need a wide body I've got several new ones to choose from.
Old 08-02-2004, 06:42 AM
Tech Champion

Give it up and concentrate on your Sedan and 1/12th car Bill. You are beating a dead horse. There is no good reason for 1/10th to come back. If you want to run a simple pan class you have 1/12th.

When you say all of us will be running 1/10th 19T/4 cell you mean 5 guys in the whole class if you are lucky...right?
Old 08-02-2004, 08:23 AM
Tech Initiate

i agree, 4 cells is fun... where can i find a schedule for orlando?
Old 08-02-2004, 08:47 AM
Tech Elite

1badtransam I am one of the guys that will be running six cell stock at the state race at full throttle forget the remarks by adrian! the class is growing nationwide again because of people getting tired with the sedans.

Thier is a thread on the main page thats for oval and large scale we have a thread there for pancars.
I am also one of the organisers putting on a strictly pancar only race in texas on april of 2005. we have major backing from novak, airtronics, peak performance, CRC racing, and numorous others. Dead horse or not miracles happen!

bass pm me for more info on the orlando race!
Old 08-02-2004, 10:39 AM
Tech Champion

The full throttle race is August 21-22nd.
Old 08-02-2004, 03:10 PM
Tech Master

adrian lets take bets on the amount who enter? i got 6 cars and 1.00 cash what you say?
Old 08-02-2004, 03:49 PM
Tech Elite

katfish bring a car and I'll lend you a body!
pluss if you know people please ask them to come it would be greatly appriciated!
I would return the favor!
Old 08-02-2004, 05:18 PM
Tech Master

hector my pan car days are long,long gone. and i honestly dont know one person who owns a pan car who has the desire to blow it off and run it again. i understand bell bottoms and disco came back from the dead..but onroad pan cars just doesn't have any flame behind it. i'm not out to ruin anyones fun, i'm just telling ya what i know. if you get over 8 pan cars it would be like me getting over 80 oval entries. they dont make them RTR and they dont brag about speeds in excess of 75 mph..the noobies in r/c dont he know what one looks like,lol. i was born in a world without internet..some of these punks were born in a world without on-road pan cars. heck some of them might wonder why they still sell on-road foam tires. i know i have some racers who have no idea oval cars were wider,lol. in onroad if it ain't 4 wd it ain't cool...
Old 08-02-2004, 06:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Default who cares about the noobs...

let them run their touring cars. pan cars aint for noobs anyhow, thats the reason i liked running them in club races on asphalt. a 6 cell stock pan car will walk all over the hottest mod touring car. in the straight, in the roadcourse, everywhere. and FORGEDABOUTIT if you can find 4 or 5 real men who want to run a mod 6 cell pan car. thats the best right there even if a noob tried to run a pan, most of the time he is going to be broken before you need to lap him.

no offence intended to any 4wd guys, but i am tired of the slow, numb handling, pig heavy, touring scene. you want to run that, good for you. I want a car that is going to challenge my reflexes, and my mind, not the other way around...
Old 08-03-2004, 08:52 AM
Tech Elite

ibadtransam there might be a few of us running them for fun your welcome to join us.
Jhon Malin may have his there!
Maybe we can get izzy santiago
bill fraden
rocky (bills friend.
I will
Maybe yourself and a couple others.
guys if we get 8 cars that would be an acomplishment.
I love 12 scale and run it almost everywhere. here in the state we get that many pluss or minus 1

next year the state series is going to be on fire for 12 scale.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.