Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Daytona/Strickland OFFROAD

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 07:46 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Daytona/Strickland OFFROAD

Yes their is offroad racing at Strickland not just onroad. An interesting class has poped up. Brushless 1/10 scale buggies. We have run 12 min mains with these when all four of us have showed up. No stoping for fuel, err batteries that is. The largest class by far is the 1/8 scale but you can always find a group of dedicated 1/10 electric. The electric guys are just out there having fun. You dont have to be good just ready to have a blast. Bashers are welcome and we love to wacth that guy who runs the perfect race. So if you are tired of runing in the B main at your home track come race with the 1/10 electric and get in the A main. The 1/8 scale on the other hand are a bunch of hard driving fun loveing guys. Be prepaired to fight your way into the A main. As with all outdoor tracks in FL the summer rains take a toll on us but come on out any way and take a look. the Gates open at 2:00 pm the first,third,and fourth Saterday with the drivers meeeting at 4:30.
Old 07-13-2004, 08:00 PM
Tech Master

how in the world do you race on that track? the lay out looks like it's set-up for full size buggies? so sad how they and most tracks cater to the 1/8th scale weed eaters!
Old 07-13-2004, 09:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Strickland dirt track is like any other track, it looks deceiving, but it's harmless...
Old 07-14-2004, 12:55 PM
Tech Master

I am going to bring my Mini t next oval race.
Old 07-14-2004, 04:20 PM
Tech Initiate

Default How do we race on it.

Easy you just take the bypass for the huge jump for 1/10 scale. The rest of the time you just take the corrners a lot sharper than if you were in a 1/8 scale. You can out corner most of the 1/8 scales if you want to set up a race with one just for fun. I would not recomend it though as if the 1/8 scale makes a mistake the 1/10 will die. Am thinking of getting some of those Losi Mini T road dots to put out in the bypass for the electric races. To give the drivers a challnge of having to go over or arround somthing instead of just straight thru. They could easly be picked up before the 1/8 scale race. What do you think? What other easy mods to the track could be done to make it more fun for electric?
Old 07-14-2004, 05:19 PM
Tech Master

remove the clay and pave it over! we need a larger paved oval track! muahhahaahahahahahahahahaha
Old 07-14-2004, 06:38 PM

im with kat pave it put in a banked oval track
Old 07-14-2004, 07:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Never will we give up the dirt. The track is great and we have a blast. The people are fun to talk with and we do everything we can to make sure we all make every race. Can't tell you how many times I have borrowed a part and lent one to someone also. The brushless is great. If you don't have a brushless we will gear down our cars if needed and have fun racing with anyone. We have even had a few guys who show up off and on and will take the large jump. Most of us leave it for the 1/8th beast and there are plenty of jumps without that.

Hey Carl, Bring a bucket of clay from your house each week and we add some bumps into the straight. Bet after we were done the 1/8th would want that more the the "superman" jump.

As far as running the 1/10 on the track it is much better than you think. Because the track is not blue grove it is fun to race and has been known to change between the races. I have raced at several other tracks in the area some made more for 1/10th scale and I can say while it is not a 1/10th base track it is fun. Also the more of the 1/10th drivers that show up I am willing to bet we could get a rythm section or something in the bypass. Overall the people running the track are great and seem quite open to keep racing going.

As far as turning it into an asphalt track? There is already one there. Add some banking at the end if ya need it. The more people you get into dirt the more people you will also see go into onroad. Once you get hooked you just want more cars. If I can ever talk the wife into a couple of more cars I would probably race onroad also. Maybe oneday!!!! I would hate to beat all you onroad guys!!!! (Of coarse that would probably mean that you all broke. Heck I would probably be the guy who tapped ya with the way I drive. Isn't that what they make spare parts for?)

Hey if ya don't race off road come check out the onroad guys. I have shown up to watch some races and it is pretty awsome.
Old 07-14-2004, 11:25 PM
Tech Initiate

hey, I just got a rc10 nitro 1/10th scale.... would i find a few people to race with there. I live in port orange so ive heard about strickland
Old 07-15-2004, 05:09 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I am assuming you have the RC10GT I believe it is. I have seen some people show up with these. I want to say the last week I was there they had a couple of people. I would recommend that you come and race. They always seem to find a place for everyone. the biggest problem I have seen is people are not consistent on showing up. A couple of suggestions -

When people show up in your class at a track that is local and close get their email. Each week take the initiative to send out a mail to them letting them know you will be there to race or not. If everyone can not race every week plan with the people there the weekends you can show up. Make a point to show up. If you work on it and are freindly the class will grow. Post items up on the boards like I am. Worst case scenario you may be in with the electrics on weeks if few people show up for your class or something like that. To me it still doesn't matter. If you are in a group of people that have the same basic car speed then you can have fun racing.

A guy named Carl is the guy always sending out mail for our group of electric people. I am trying to get more and more people out to the track period. Summer seems to be the hardest time to get people because of the rain. So come on out and visit. If you come out and there are no other gas guys in your class leave me your email. If anyone else shows up on weeks that you are not there I will give them your email and then you can plan weekends to come out. My name is Glenn and just look for the group of electric guys and one of us will be there. Odds are there will be one or two of the 1/10th gas people.
Old 07-15-2004, 09:10 AM

i was joking about paving it when i used to run off/road that was the only track i liked
Old 07-15-2004, 03:51 PM
Tech Master

i wasn't kidding! ahahhahahaahahah

i have another sugestion than! plant some corn and when it grows we can all have a corn boil and race oval?
Old 07-15-2004, 07:13 PM

hey kat why dont they race dirt oval on the dirt oval trackthey should just run reg offroad classes, i like the corn idea lol
Old 07-16-2004, 04:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Rc10WonAgain You could come out and race against the brushless 1/10 buggies. I have raced both and the speed should be about the same making for some interesting races. I would like to coexist oval guys. Be nice. Try to get a day of your own at the track like Monday night. Failing that come join us on Saterday. Rig up a switch on the transponder loops and run a oval race while the dirt guys are warming up before thier heat then switch over to the dirt track for the next race. Hey but if we do this I would expect you to be nice back and do this for us on the seconed weekend. In Orlando they race every Monday night and have for years. I went to wacth them and pick up some parts last Monday. They had a large turn out. The more days we can fill the track the better for every one. We used to have a dirt oval section and it was fun to practice on but the oval guys never wanted to try it and the offroad racers wanted to have jumps jump.
Old 07-17-2004, 07:29 PM
Tech Master

naaah u hacks run your dust bowl ..we will stick with the second saturday for now..the entries for the friday night on road racing has been kinda small here lately? heck we were out on the coldest day in florida this year and they had 75 racers. now it's warm and they get less than 30? go figure? and i'm sorry but that dirst track is a mess, there is no flow to the track it's just a large red ant colony!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.