R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Florida Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/florida-racing-54/)
-   -   Royal Palm Raceway (https://www.rctech.net/forum/florida-racing/43686-royal-palm-raceway.html)

alucard13 06-26-2004 12:36 PM

Royal Palm Raceway

I thought Royal Palm Raceway in Miami could use a thread. Just curious to see how many people are going and racing there and who plans to come?

It is a great track with great people racing.

Royal Palm Raceway

rcpaintinpete 06-28-2004 02:12 PM

wow

mike that track looks awsom whats the size how long how wide:confused:

alucard13 06-28-2004 07:13 PM

Re: wow

Originally posted by rcpaintinpete
mike that track looks awsom whats the size how long how wide:confused:
I will have to get the specs for you but it is big, but not as big as kissimmee i don't think. I personally think it has the best layout that i have seen for a permanent track. Its no so big (like kissimmee) that you are on the throttle all the time. You need to have a good setup for it to work and it has some nice turns.

I raced on it on sunday. I needed to do some setups, but some of the guys helped me out. Next time i go I know what tires and a little more of how i want it setup.

BTW, the body help up nice. I have a cut in it but i'm going to repair it. check your PM

alucard13 07-21-2004 05:04 AM

Autumn Series

The Summer Series is ending this sunday, however the Autumn Series will begin in Aug and last through Oct. Here are the dates:

Aug 8th and 22nd
Sept 5th and 26th
Oct 17th and 31st

I encourage everyone in the South Florida area to join us. Membership is requied, but it is reasonable and the track is awesome with a sheltered area to pit and friendly racers. We need your support to continue to have a track so close to home. check out the website for more and updated information.

See you there!

TimPotter 07-21-2004 06:04 AM

What classes do they Run ?

alucard13 07-21-2004 08:43 AM

Originally posted by TimPotter
What classes do they Run ?
Right now we are only running 1/10 nitro Tourning....Because thats the only people who show up.

TimPotter 07-21-2004 09:33 AM

Well, I hope more racers show, it sure looks like a nice facility. Are they gonna run a FORGASS race there next year ?

kreidel 07-21-2004 09:47 AM

Originally posted by TimPotter
Well, I hope more racers show, it sure looks like a nice facility. Are they gonna run a FORGASS race there next year ?

May 14-15, 2005 Miami “Fun Event & Trophy Presentation” at Royal Palm Raceway (Non-Points)

alucard13 07-21-2004 09:54 AM

Originally posted by kreidel
May 14-15, 2005 Miami “Fun Event & Trophy Presentation” at Royal Palm Raceway (Non-Points)
Kev, you gotta get your butt down here. The track is very nice. Bigger than Palm Bay, but not like Kissimme where it's wide open. You need to have a decent setup to run. The chellenging thing is when it gets windy and the leaves start to invade :)

kreidel 07-21-2004 10:04 AM

Originally posted by alucard13
Kev, you gotta get your butt down here. The track is very nice. Bigger than Palm Bay, but not like Kissimme where it's wide open. You need to have a decent setup to run. The chellenging thing is when it gets windy and the leaves start to inavde :)
I honestly can't see driving 4 hours to race there when I have Kissimmee an hour away. Don't get me wrong, I would like to race there but the distance hampers any though of that unless it was a FORGAS State Race. I do understand you do travel here to race but you also have family here. The only thing that ties me to Miami is my cellphone and clothes that were stolen out of my work truck. I will get with you and maybe I can stay the weekend with you or soemthing and bring the family.

alucard13 07-21-2004 10:09 AM

I understand. Miami is brutal to outsiders. Hey, we are our own country down here. The wife and I still want to move up to your area but in the meantime we may rent a bigger place. When we do (should be fairly soon) i'll let you know and you can bring the family down here. Your wife and my wife can shop (we have a mall down here that's like 2 miles big) and we can go racing. It would be cool to race with you in my neck of the woods.....er concrete. :)

Marcos.J 07-21-2004 04:52 PM

Originally posted by kreidel
I honestly can't see driving 4 hours to race there when I have Kissimmee an hour away. Don't get me wrong, I would like to race there but the distance hampers any though of that unless it was a FORGAS State Race. I do understand you do travel here to race but you also have family here. The only thing that ties me to Miami is my cellphone and clothes that were stolen out of my work truck. I will get with you and maybe I can stay the weekend with you or soemthing and bring the family.
i thought that they had the tradition of the trophy presentation to be held at Ft.Myers?

kreidel 07-21-2004 07:07 PM

Originally posted by Marcos.S710
i thought that they had the tradition of the trophy presentation to be held at Ft.Myers?
That was copied and pasted right from the FORGAS website.

Jpilone 07-22-2004 06:51 AM

The trophy presentation is now in miami to "Grandfather" the track into the series because Andy couldn't be there at the sour grapes to represent his track, so we did our best to accomodate him. FORGASS is expanding and with the new tracks, could be even bigger in 2005-2006...

We already added one race this season to the schedule, maybe another the next, or one track could have to give up it's second race, which I don't want to see happen...

I can't wait. It'll bring new faces into the series!