FSEARA Mid Season Rule Ballot

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FSEARA Mid Season Rule Ballot

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2004, 08:56 AM
Tech Elite

we are all looking for an answer and its not where everyone is looking.
I have brought this up in the past the problem is 20% with the state series and 80% with the hobby stores and local tracks.
In the old days which a few of us remember the local tracks were clubs and everybody took pride in it, and the Hobby stores did the advertizing for us because they reeped benifits.
Another things that has happend is the racing went from a strip mall infront of traffic and it made its way into the back of the store and private lots that passing traffic never see's.
Another thing is that people have gone from taking the racing as a hobby in general and see it as a buisness and the greed is killing it aswell. Racing was simple back in the day you showed up with tackle box and you were competitive, 300 to 450 dollars got you started and some time behind the wheel you were there!
Now you need 2,000 dollars worth of equipent totaling 4 car haulers with equipment that the factory teams didnt log around 10 years ago to a national.
Guys competition and time has changed it for all of us we are the only ones to blame for the cost and the lack of attendance. The need to win has risen the cost of racing because egoes, who wants it the most will spend what they need and normal human emotion, the wanting to be better then the next guy has killed it here.
And the fact the roar races are losing turnouts is true , has to be atributed to the fact the ruling body has been in favor of nitro powerd cars and its been growing more evident with time.
Onw thing for sure events like cleveland,the novak race, reedy race,and the snowbirds will continue to grow because the guys throwing the event care about the hobby and they bring the fun back into it.

Bill did you get a trophy at the nationals in North Carolina? Yes you did.
I have been racing for 12 to 14 years I have never been more disapointed in roar then at that race! I dont care wether or not tracks fault or not. You tell me how I should feel with roar to finally bust my ass for months prior to the race make the A main and not get a trophy to show off that I made my first national A main. That fargin still pissing me the fudge off at friggen roar.
Thanks goodness to a privet publication I got to take the article and place it in frame.

I am sure that others have thier gripe with roar. Why do I keep signing up with Roar because without it I couldnt race at the one local track where all my racing buddies are at. Mind you ther are three other tracks in my area that arent roar tracks. And because to race in the state races I have to have it.
I actually think the day sfeara drops roar the attendace will grow and rival any of the big races around the world.

As far as the rule changes they really dont infulance jack crap on our turnouts.
We are just looking the wrong way!

Sorry guys for my $5.00 worth!

Never politically correct!
Hector J. Garcia
Old 06-08-2004, 09:21 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Amen Hector!!!!!!!!! That is the REAL DEAL and we have been saying that since all the BS that happen with Minnreg blaming the series for the low turnouts.

Speaking words of wisdom and racing a Schumacher....Whats the world coming too
Old 06-08-2004, 09:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hector on the trophy at the national Why did you wait almost a year to say anything about it . It is the host responsiblity to have the trophies. Also It's hard to blame ROAR membership for reasons the on-road series is doing poorly. Is the other series in the state this way- no. It's easy to blame the organization. There are many things I'd like to change but my position is just not that powerful but with more and more members in our region they have to listen sooner or later.Membership means our voice is louder. I've got a very loud voice. Look at our region-now 4 state series races. Two are the oldest in the nation. What other region or state has anything close to what we have. It's time to make some type of changes in the way we do things.
And Hector I agree with some of the things you've expressed. What is this world coming to? It means we basically want the same thing- a strong series with 150-200 racers at each event. Now we've got time to work on our cars.
Old 06-08-2004, 10:04 AM
Tech Elite

Paul sometimes change is good still working on the car have slight issues but i am persistant on getting it right.

Bill I did mention something about it to the roar official at the race the week of the nationals. And I have told numerous people some roar related some not.

Bill as far as blaming roar thats is part of the problem in the way matters are handled. I am not saying it is the majority but part of the problem.
And if you reread that the way hobby shops push there buisness to the other branches of racing especial nitro, people are not learning basics.
Before the shops sold tons of electric kits and as the manufactures push more ready to run for the beginers we suffer.
We need to organize a way for the shops to veer the people in the right direction.
As our Director with due respect it is your responsability to tell you assistants to go to their local tracks and give suggestions in a positive manner so we can get the results we want.
Also as a group we need to unite and give the series a club feel that will make us be close nit group. I honestly feel if we could recapture the jacks race fun goings we could attract new faces and keep old ones around.
everyone here will agree with me!
DID WE ALL HAVE FUN AT JACKS AND WING HOUSE!
We need bring that club feel back!
Bill if people keep getting short changed like I did at the nationals and for other stupid reason our series wont grow.
Instead of pointing fingers lets fix the problem we have all created .

MICHEAL BRUCE!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-08-2004, 01:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hector why did you sign your last post Micheal Bruce jus wondering I think the only reason we have roar is for the insurance maybe we should talk to mike boylan and see what kind of insurance he has at his local track and maybe fseara won't be a roar series anymore but remember if we dont have roar sanctioned events we cant get higher level events in florida so its a double edged sword we are caught between a rock and a hard place I wish there was a simple soulition to this but there is not and we all know this now off of my shine box

jus my 0.02 cents

FSEARA Treasuer
Robet Bowser
Old 06-08-2004, 01:37 PM
Tech Master

heeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

all i know is mr.angulo agreed with me! nuff said! he he

lots of realy good ideas and suggestions fellas.

i would start getting rule proposals in line for a 05 season. i would try and attract the noobie with his ready to run sled. try and get the stock class fixed..i would be extremely intimidated having to race "some" of those guys entered in stock! and noone wants to sign up knowing they are going to be laps down.

i'll use hector as an example: 10 years ago you guys had a GT stock class..big ugly mustang bodies on top of a associated pan car. i think the kit was 150.00 plus the regular electronics you needed to run the car.. now we have touring cars..hector just bought a 250.00 "pro" level kit ...he has now since removed 75% of the stuff that came in this "pro" level kit and has bought "better" stuff to replace it! adding yet another 400.00 in aftermarket stuff? is there any place for a beginner? none of us were pros when we started..if someone came up to hector and asked him what it costs to go racing what does hector tell them?

yes the tracks need to promote the races wayyyyyyyyyyyy better. they are the ones making a profit from the races..say what you want but a track like superior who has a on site hobby shop does pretty well for themselves when a state race rolls into town. what do they give back to the series? what does the series ask them to give back? maybe that is the problem? in the end though you are all fighting the same thing..there are tons of places to race every weekend, even during the week. you now have gas as big as ever, oval is getting bigger as well as mini car racing. i think franks in tampa has 50 entries on a wednesday night for mini Z racing? that is crazy! it helps that mike boylan promotes the racing at franks hard..they have fun and go out to dinner afterwards.

i think racers are spending there money where they will get the most fun in return? i dont race for trophies i race becuase it's fun. when i see racer X cursing out racer Y it aint fun no more..well depending on your definition of fun? lol i dont see a day where 150 guys show up with "touring" cars at a state race ? take a look at the tracks where you guys get your largest turnouts..see what sets them apart? mr.angulo and hector both made great comments..

oh yeah dont forget the focar race # 2 at minnreg r/c in tampa this sunday! practice all day saturday from noon til whenever sam gets tired of us..racing sunday around 10:30 am ..large raffle and cool a/c ....hope to see some of you crazy kids there!
Old 06-08-2004, 01:42 PM
Tech Elite

you had to be at jacks to understand the micheal bruce thing! hheeyyyyyyy!

robby we just need to find a way to resolve this. I guarantee you if we dropped roar we could still get roar all we need is to have one club be a registerd roar club bid.
we also could still hold state series with an insurence like boylen has.
And the club "sfeara" still bid for a race because we can set up the regionals where we want! most of us would still race it anyways. But to tell you the truth with all the non sanctioned events be the trend lately it makes you wonder does it really make sense to win the roar national or cleveland or the snowboards!
Look this is just for a thought not trying to start a war against roar but looking at an alternative to get more racers involved with the series.
how many guys race at gabriels, superior,and joes frietas track dont have a memebership and wont race the series because of it.
I am sure there is away around it that wont hurt us with roar and stillhave better turnouts. Robby you can have the whole cake and eat too! no pun intended!
Old 06-08-2004, 01:48 PM
Tech Elite

by the way yes we need to bring back the fun jacks was an example! the fact we were all in the same room created an atmosphere of comroderie that was fun.

Micheal bruce!

Hector!!!!!!

Felix!!!!!!!

You had to be there! felix blowing up furmans batteries! that was funny!
Old 06-08-2004, 02:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

All the races have been really fun this year!

HHHEEEYYYYYY!!!

shut up!!!

What Happened???

Old 06-08-2004, 02:18 PM
Tech Master

now where did i put my damn teeth?

Old 06-08-2004, 02:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

what you said about my moma.
Old 06-08-2004, 02:54 PM
Tech Elite

mamma who !
I think katfish said some furman!
Old 06-08-2004, 04:29 PM
Tech Master

what!!!!!!!
Old 06-08-2004, 04:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Katf1sh- those oval kits aren't cheap either, espically those hopups. Car kits/truck kits all have tons of hop up parts.The many different place we have to choose from to race is. There needs to be a better reason to go to the state races.Quite frankly it needs to be promoted! Hector me telling my assissants to tell the hobby shop to do something. Really do most of you listen to me???? The stronger ROAR membership we have the better chances we have to land one of these races.Believe it or not you the promotor can make money at one of these ROAR events. The only thing you have to do is work at it. Get sponsors- but that's to much work.Nothing comes easy!I've done alot of local ,state regional and national events before I retired(From race directing).
I can say I always had sponsors for the big races 99% of the time.Look at what Joe Fretias does at his races(I like my clock).He does what I did. The only thing I did that he didn't was get the Jaguar XJR10 24 hour Daytona winning (show car) at our race.But then I never had a " Nice Bike" sold at one of my events.Let's talk somemore on Saturday night after qualifying at Robbies.
Old 06-08-2004, 06:27 PM
Tech Master

bill not once did i mention oval cars? i know there not cheap! i did mention the old pan car GT body days when hop ups were a 64 pitch spur gear,lol.. in all honesty that was cheap racing...years ago when the series was huge there wasn't a computer in anyones house..how did the word spread like it did? hmmmmmm

imagine promoting a race without a computer? ouch! bob hosch did it for years and years and did it well..mike boylan did it as well.. there is just alot of racing and race tracks..getting the 30 or so locals to run a state race is very hard..look at jacksonville..hobby world has some very fast oval heads up there..but not one has raced a focar event? i have emailed them all..gone on there web sites and personally went up there and promoted it...they still wont leave j ville??? on the other hand daytona has not had a permanent facility to race oval,onroad or off road in 4 ever..so all we ever knew was travel to race..orlando was the closest thing for us..i cant tell you how many miles mike bean or myself travelled to race our oval cars..mike would travel to thunder raceway to run oval on a friday night...thats 150 miles one way! every friday night! yikes! why you ask? because mike bean wanted to race with the fast guys..he wanted to learn from them, he wanted to beat them..he liked the good close racing..

paul wynn and alex lopez run the state series..both are national level drivers..do you think you could learn a thing or two from them? would it help you at your next local race? sure would..or do you think the locals dont care how good a driver alex is or p dub? you think the locals are just happy beating on each other very friday or saturday night? maybe they dont like all the rules? maybe there local track has no rules? i have been to a few of them,lol..

maybe we should just try our best to make sure the guys who travel with the series get the best we can offer and make sure they leave happy? gas at 2.00 a pop is a killer...we may be trying to do something we cant? with all the promoting is over i think we will still get the same crowd of guys? some like to compete while others like to stay at home where it's comfy..while others can barely afford to race at all...i know they all have a good excuse..and i hate to point my finger at any of them..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.