Wiki Posts
Search

Return of Miami RC Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 07:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Working Man
Sure hope so. Love to watch the cry babys trash there rigs. We've been talking about running tuesdays and thursday nites for bumber cars aka I crash alot, and a race every other friday. Now that the rain has let up should be good to go. Oh and the next time you go up to Mills pond ask Bart how much a truck load of red clay is. If you would be so kind to give us about 5 truck loads I'll make it drain in real well. Then I'll stop at one of the Circus places in Orlando and git a big top over it. Next, of course, will be A/C. When you git a chance draw a new lay out up and show it around but make sure you come out and help build it. But in the end if none of this works for you take I-95 north......... I'm just saying.
you can't just "buy clay"....you need to know which pit to get it out of or you will get junk...the miami track does not need any clay...they need to manage what they have and put the money into proper lighting......the track needs attendance before it can even hold a race but first they need to know how to run one.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

When are we starting the new schedule? Is there a track redo?
Old 10-05-2010, 06:16 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by latnballer
When are we starting the new schedule? Is there a track redo?
i have layouts if they need one....and if they do a track rebuild it should be done on saturday so you can get volunteers to help.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:50 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Re:

Originally Posted by The Working Man
Sure hope so. Love to watch the cry babys trash there rigs. We've been talking about running tuesdays and thursday nites for bumber cars aka I crash alot, and a race every other friday. Now that the rain has let up should be good to go. Oh and the next time you go up to Mills pond ask Bart how much a truck load of red clay is. If you would be so kind to give us about 5 truck loads I'll make it drain in real well. Then I'll stop at one of the Circus places in Orlando and git a big top over it. Next, of course, will be A/C. When you git a chance draw a new lay out up and show it around but make sure you come out and help build it. But in the end if none of this works for you take I-95 north......... I'm just saying.
No one is going to put in hard earned money and hard work into something or someone that doesn't want to do better or even make the effort to improve what they already have. I and other people would have Damn there all we have and break our backs to help the owner of Miami rd. But the owner first can't be reached and then when he is reached, he turns down the help. So when the owner shows up and agrees to allow help,I'm quite sure people will come from near and far to help him. I know I Damn sure will.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:26 PM
Tech Regular

Default Track open tonight

Well i called and spoke to baruch's assistant and she said the track would be open tonight starting @ 6pm till 12am....I will be there test driving my Hpi mini trophy truck as well as a duratrax evader dt i got for my nephew.....Oh n probably also running my 2wd slash and brushless sc10....May take out my Losi 1/10 Highroller monster truck just to soak up some of the big jumps!!Hahha...Cant wait..Weather has been nice and instead of being discouraged about manegement and its shortcommings mainly due to weather problems ect,just enojoy the track and give this up-start a chance.....I have been reading on another forum about the track and how much work has been put into it to revive it.....This track and its management are new to running it and have lots to learn....But @ least they have built it and have it operational........It is not easy to put a fully funtional track together and im sure as time goes by they will get better at track manegment and holding races....I hope so at the least that it will be a solid bashers track for the sake of expanding the hobby...I admit it is frustrating when the track is closed and others aren't, but thats part of the growing pains i guess...Thanks for trying extreme hobbies at some point i hope you get this track on point...
Old 10-09-2010, 03:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Finally

the track was finally opned and there were a few of us out there. there were about 10 or more cars out there and more people were coming when i left. The track is ok and the people that came out were very freindly and helpful. In all it was a good experience,Now I hope that since its not going to rain for sometime. That he gets all his eggs in one basket and try to hold some races on saturday.I kmow I will have my truggie out there and Im putting my merv together so I can make it some what competitive. Im gonna have some video up later on today.For now,this coming thursday people,load up what you got and head out to miami rc raceway and lets put some laps in people and have alot of fun!
Old 10-09-2010, 05:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

If theres enough 1/8s, we would do some grudge matches or enduro matches for fun on Thursdays..usually at the end of the night. Sucks I didn't get to make it.
Old 10-09-2010, 05:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

...Glenn...I need to get the goPro pinched...
Old 10-10-2010, 04:11 PM
Tech Regular

...Glenn...I need to get the goPro pinched...
I'll be there thursday night and I'll bring the tools to pinch it
Old 10-11-2010, 05:21 PM
Tech Initiate

Default jumping in

If theres enough 1/8s, we would do some grudge matches or enduro matches for fun on Thursdays..usually at the end of the night. Sucks I didn't get to make it.
Im gonna try and put my monnies together this week and get my electric rc8 ordered and in my house by thursday. So I hope to be in attendace with my 1/8.If not,I always have the trusty little merv.Its a small truck but it packs alot of speed.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:29 PM
Tech Regular

I say we just setup 2 6 min qualifiers and run a 20 minute main.....supposed to rain tomorrow, wed and thurs tho
Old 10-11-2010, 09:44 PM
Tech Regular

Few pics of my line-up less the monster trucks..I also did one quick crappy shoot of the track in action last thurs..it was my first time trying to shoot moving rc vehicles on a track so bare with its quality ...As u will see towards the end of clip i was getting better at following someones buggy...I think if i do it a few times i will get better at following vehicles around properly...I now also figured out some features on the camera that shoot moving objects better...I will try again to take a better vid of us running around miami rc raceway...Hey tevennealy32 nice looking and handeling mini e-revo...See ya fellas at the track....Seems like the web site does not allow me to upload the clip until i post more it said?? Oh well here are just pics then........
Attached Thumbnails Return of Miami RC Raceway-olympus-pics-636.jpg   Return of Miami RC Raceway-olympus-pics-638.jpg   Return of Miami RC Raceway-olympus-pics-644.jpg   Return of Miami RC Raceway-olympus-pics-645.jpg  
Old 10-13-2010, 05:17 PM
Tech Initiate

Default thanks fro the shout out.

Originally Posted by MarqueeRc
Few pics of my line-up less the monster trucks..I also did one quick crappy shoot of the track in action last thurs..it was my first time trying to shoot moving rc vehicles on a track so bare with its quality ...As u will see towards the end of clip i was getting better at following someones buggy...I think if i do it a few times i will get better at following vehicles around properly...I now also figured out some features on the camera that shoot moving objects better...I will try again to take a better vid of us running around miami rc raceway...Hey tevennealy32 nice looking and handeling mini e-revo...See ya fellas at the track....Seems like the web site does not allow me to upload the clip until i post more it said?? Oh well here are just pics then........
Thanks for the shout out brah.I didnt get the rc8te but, I got the right tires for the merv and some other mods that was needed. I should be able to be a little more competitive out there this time.Yes it is raining this week so more than likley it will be next week.That only gives us more time to get our gear togehter and come out swining.I will be ready for us to run some races that we set up.See you guys out there next we gonna have lots of fun!
Old 10-13-2010, 05:24 PM
Tech Initiate

Default RE:

Originally Posted by peakman
I say we just setup 2 6 min qualifiers and run a 20 minute main.....supposed to rain tomorrow, wed and thurs tho
Yeah we gonna have to set it up for next week but that just gives us more time to get our stuff together and come out and have alot of uninterupted fun next week.So,hope to see every one there including you and lets make the best of the good days guys!
Old 10-15-2010, 05:48 PM
Tech Regular

Default Listen up??

Spoke to the owner of the track Baruch on friday...I need at least 5 people to commit with me in order for the track to open up tomorrow...In otherwords for 50 bucks i can have the track opened up tomorrow saturday!!!!!Get me real commitments that wont back out (like has happened in the past to Baruch) and we can have a good time....Call me on my number 305-297-2519 im Mark...Would like to open it up after 2pm or so...Just call me and follow through with ur commitment to show up and we will have more acces to this track in the days to come...This is just an attempt to get a more consistent flow of people to the track while making it cost effective for the owner...This is not a practical joke...If people want to go tomorrow or even on a tuesday and the weather is permitting call me to set up a reservation for track time..I already have two commits for tomorrow saturday afternoon..Only need three more people for the track to open up???Cmon everybody here we have a opportunity to show the owner are interest and eagerness to want this track open on more days and nights??Also being that are local weather can act up whenever it wants this at least gives us the opportunity to use the track on the good days that the track would not usually be opened..Furthur more this would allow access to the track for those who cant go on the typical thursday/friday routine.Well its gonna be a nice cool day tomorrow, perfect for track time!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.