Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Florida Racing
Quaker Steak & Lube Oval Racing is Back! >

Quaker Steak & Lube Oval Racing is Back!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Quaker Steak & Lube Oval Racing is Back!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 12:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Yup, Just dumped at my house and now the wifes says to me "Lets go out for Dinner tonight since your not going raceing"

I just dont know if I'm gonna make it again this week ? ARRRGGH !
Now that I have raceing close to home half the friggin time I can't go for what ever reason and it's starting to really F'in piss me off.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I had alot of fun tonight racing my minis with you guys. Turnout was good too. I hope to see more new cars next week!
Old 08-10-2010, 05:24 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by burnineyes
I had alot of fun tonight racing my minis with you guys. Turnout was good too. I hope to see more new cars next week!
What kind of minis were you guys running ???
Old 08-10-2010, 08:17 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yea, Soo much for the Weather predictions, Shawn and I got there to set up it had already poured!!!! got it all up and spent an hour drying the track.....good to go and then TSUNAMI for an hour again. But we broke out the blowers, pushed the remaining wet stuff off the track dryed it for an hour more, sprayed down some traction and by 6:45 we were ready for racing. BIG THANKS to everyone that didnt give up due to the rain we had an awsome night!!! Those SC Late Models are turning out to be one exciting class.

Congrats to all out winners of last nights Racing!
Results will be posted sometime today on the website!
www.MeRacingOnline.com under the results page.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M.E. Racing
Yea, Soo much for the Weather predictions, Shawn and I got there to set up it had already poured!!!! got it all up and spent an hour drying the track.....good to go and then TSUNAMI for an hour again. But we broke out the blowers, pushed the remaining wet stuff off the track dryed it for an hour more, sprayed down some traction and by 6:45 we were ready for racing. BIG THANKS to everyone that didnt give up due to the rain we had an awsome night!!! Those SC Late Models are turning out to be one exciting class.

Congrats to all out winners of last nights Racing!
Results will be posted sometime today on the website!
www.MeRacingOnline.com under the results page.
you guys run tc cars with truck bodies wht motors do you run and esc? tires etc..
Old 08-10-2010, 11:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bondonutz
What kind of minis were you guys running ???
I was the only one with the minis last night, so they put me in the class with TCs. I raced a Sportwerks Recoil until it broke, but it was enough to get me at the front of the B-Main. If it had not broke in qualifying I think I could have made the A. For the main I switched to a custom stretched RC18T with a dirt modified body.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:57 AM
Tech Master

I was the only one with the minis last night, so they put me in the class with TCs. I raced a Sportwerks Recoil until it broke, but it was enough to get me at the front of the B-Main. If it had not broke in qualifying I think I could have made the A. For the main I switched to a custom stretched RC18T with a dirt modified body.
Ahhhh, I was wondering because I have a SC18 ?
I'm installing a BL set up with foam tires and wanted to see what this little shit could do ?
Old 08-10-2010, 12:32 PM
Tech Elite

It should do very well. I ran a few different RC18s and a Recoil. I brought my Detta SC, but didnt get a chance to test it out. Everything I ran worked well. I bought 35 and 40 shore foams for my Recoil, just for this track, and they both seemed to have way too much bite once the track was treated. 3Racing rubber 18R tires seemed to be the hot ticket for my RC18s.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:39 PM
Tech Master

3Racing rubber 18R tires seemed to be the hot ticket for my RC18s.
Just received a set, have yet to try them. Def cheap enough !
I will not be receiving my SC18 BL combo till Friday, hopefully I'll have time to install and test prior to next Monday
Old 08-10-2010, 04:38 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by KoolRC
you guys run tc cars with truck bodies wht motors do you run and esc? tires etc..
Body has to be a truck ( proline ORT or similar) we have been laxed on this for the first few weeks until everyone gets a truck body but will be running as trucks only in the comming weeks. Tires are of choice although rubbers like takeoffs (no longer made but still around if you look hard enough), or the Muchmore's seem to be better than foams, Battery is 2s no more than 5200 mah, and motor should be no more than 13.5 t or 27 brushed, (velinion 3500kv w/ vxl-3s is ok must be set to race mode).
Old 08-10-2010, 04:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M.E. Racing
Body has to be a truck ( proline ORT or similar) we have been laxed on this for the first few weeks until everyone gets a truck body but will be running as trucks only in the comming weeks. Tires are of choice although rubbers like takeoffs (no longer made but still around if you look hard enough), or the Muchmore's seem to be better than foams, Battery is 2s no more than 5200 mah, and motor should be no more than 13.5 t or 27 brushed, (velinion 3500kv w/ vxl-3s is ok must be set to race mode).
kool will give it a try
Old 08-10-2010, 04:45 PM
Tech Master

SO now we've come to the conclusion rubber tires are better than foams out there ? Still waiting on my foams and now I need to buy rubber tires, At least I know now. I did manage to get my truck body painted, all though not exactly "Nastruck" hopeing it'll be close enough ? It's gonna get bashed to pieces in a few weeks anyways .

Old 08-10-2010, 04:50 PM
Tech Adept

Set Classes so far are as follows:

1. 4wd TC Truck
2. SC Late Model
3. 1/8th GT
4. Bomber
5. 4wd Nitro Late Model

*Must be at least 3 entries to run a class,Classes run are subject to change depending on the nights turnout

Still waiting for some Pan Car guys!
Classes will be:

COT 13.5 1s Lipo
NASTRUCK 21.5 2s Lipo
NASTRUCK 17.5 1s Lipo
NASCAR 10.5 1s Lipo
NASCAR 17.5 1S Lipo
Old 08-10-2010, 04:53 PM
Tech Adept

sweet paint Bondo!
Old 08-10-2010, 04:54 PM
Tech Adept

Sweet KoolRC hope to see ya out there Mon!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.