Search

FSEARA 2010/2011 Discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 01:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default FSEARA 2010/2011 Discussion thread

Want something on the ballot?

Want rules changed /tires changed/ whatever let the new Mangement team know about it. Mark Mixon and Johnny Grant will be replacing Izzy and myself for the next season. I wish them all the best and look forward to just racing the series.
Old 03-21-2010, 01:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tmunno
Want something on the ballot?

Want rules changed /tires changed/ whatever let the new Mangement team know about it. Mark Mixon and Johnny Grant will be replacing Izzy and myself for the next season. I wish them all the best and look forward to just racing the series.
You did a great job budd thanks

I say move the race to Saturdays so if Sat. is rained out you have Sun as a back up

Tried calling you pm you again
Old 03-21-2010, 02:56 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
You did a great job budd thanks

I say move the race to Saturdays so if Sat. is rained out you have Sun as a back up

Tried calling you pm you again
I didnt race many races so my opinion doesnt matter but i agree with saturday race and leave sunday for a rain make up day or club race option.
Old 03-21-2010, 03:12 PM
Tech Master

Thanks we did our best. I would love to see Sat. become the race day myself but the majority voted on Sunday. If it were to be re-voted on it might change. Stan no more house phone I'll pm celll # to you
Old 03-21-2010, 03:29 PM
Tech Master

We have been really luck this past year having the races on Sunday and being able to race it. I am sure this weekend's rainout will open some eyes especially the racers that have to travel to all the tracks.
Old 03-21-2010, 06:00 PM
Tech Addict

I will be one to vote for Saturday. Long drive from Ft Lauderdale.I will also be one to vote on new tires for next year and to add the other track in South Florida to the schedule.I know there is alot of guys that race FSEARA up north but will not travel and the same in south florida by adding another track in south florida could help the turn out for FSEARA
Old 03-21-2010, 06:05 PM
Tech Master

It doesn't matter which day Saturday or Sunday, you never can plan on the weather! We have been rained out on Saturdays in the SuperCup Off-Road series and now Sunday in the FSEARA Series. While it sounds good in theory to have Saturday Race with an option for a Sunday Make Up, it would be a nightmare for those of us that drive 3-5 hours to the track and do not have the option of last minute hotels or plan changes if we had to stay overnight and race the following day. In reality it would make the 1-day race actually a 2 day race, wouldn't it?
Old 03-21-2010, 06:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I agree with Tim, if we were rained out on Saturday I know many racers that are not locals would probably go home because of the hotel situation.

Also I know roar went to having 17.5 being a sportsman class (no sponsored drivers), are we going to follow these rules?
Old 03-21-2010, 08:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

a lot easier for most to travel on saturday than friday no? seems also the local club would be more likely to benefit from higher turnout on a club saturday as folks would want the practice on the track for a sunday race? i dont care either way.. i'd rather wgt be 17.5 2s but that is unlikely given the layout of most car brands now though..
Old 03-22-2010, 06:33 AM
Tech Addict

On a saturday race would love the option to go home or race on sunday if we get rained out.Its better for me to find a hotel for the night then to drive back up for a reschedule race couple of months later
Old 03-22-2010, 06:53 AM
Tech Elite

You have 2 choices

Rain out on Sat shift to Sun some poeple may leave but the race will continue weather permittimg
Rain out on Sun NO RACING AT ALL
Old 03-22-2010, 06:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I like the Sunday set-up.As it stands now the club get to host a special saturday race and extra money. Then on sundays our state race.We have really not been rained out like this in quite awhile. Leave it like it is.
Tally your right WGT is single cell and 13.5.[B] But let's make it a real class for next year. (I also brought your drinks and the tire truer.)
For a begnners class in TC Novak is offering directly from them a motor(25.5) and esc at a very special price[ and you run 2 cell].
If Mark could contact me I'll give him the information.
Both Izzy and Tony have done a great job running the series.Soon it will time to just relax and race.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Make Up Race

Just an idea. Why don't we run the make up race the Saturday before the next race at Superior. Skip the club race and run the make up race. Once Sat racing is complete change the track layout for Sunday. This way we finish the series as planned. I spoke with Robbie and Mike Bruce and they said that they didn't mind. Might need a hand or two with the layout change Sat night. If you change it now everyone would have time to find rooms to stay the weekend. Basically race # 6 on Sat and race # 7 on Sunday.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:43 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dcuz383
Just an idea. Why don't we run the make up race the Saturday before the next race at Superior. Skip the club race and run the make up race. Once Sat racing is complete change the track layout for Sunday. This way we finish the series as planned. I spoke with Robbie and Mike Bruce and they said that they didn't mind. Might need a hand or two with the layout change Sat night. If you change it now everyone would have time to find rooms to stay the weekend. Basically race # 6 on Sat and race # 7 on Sunday.
Does not work like that ..You dont take a reshedule race and move it to another track..
Old 03-22-2010, 08:59 AM
Tech Addict

Most guys running live up north ... All the tracks are up north but one ..Most of the races only have 30min to 2 hour drive ..So racing on Sunday no big deal..Now for us guys coming from south florida who drive 3 1/2 hour or with trailer 4 to 41/2 hours it sucks lets see..This is what my race weekend looks like..

North Track
$140 Gas
$100 Hotel (add $100 for 2 day race)
$50 Race and Tires
$30 Food

Total $320.00 (420.00 2 day)

South Track
$40 Gas
$0 Hotel
$50 Race and Tires
$10 Food

Total $100.00

Thats why we need more tracks South ..North guys can drop two down here and we can drop two up there..For me now i drop two races .For most of the north guy they drop the Village race (one race) Thats why we need sunday rain day most big races have the same

Last edited by iceman76; 03-22-2010 at 09:28 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.