Vintage Off Road racing

Old 05-16-2010, 12:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gomer19820
hay Jeff I want to run a vintage/SC shootout I just want to know if its ok to run anything from the B3 on down...some people have b3 and 2 or they have xx and some traxxis...what is the time period for the vintage 80's to 99'?
Vintage is supposed to be pre-B2 and pre XX-CR. Since you are the race director you can make it anything you want. I drove a B2 and a B3 when they came out. I don't think they are anywhere near as good as the original RC10 or the B4. I finally got to drive Jeremy's RC10. It drove almost identical to my B4 so I don't think there's a huge performance advantage with the new stuff.

On a side note; anyone with an original RC10 that wants to make it race ready can PM me or see me at the races. There's nothing secret on any of my RC10's but there are a few mods you will probably want to do. There's no sense reinventing the wheel or searching for parts if someone has already done the work.
Old 06-27-2010, 04:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Jeff builds an awesome vintage ride, we got ours, put electronics in it and raced it, Here is Zack with his 2 2nd place trophy pit mats from Treasure Coast Speedway yesterday, he ran vintage 13.5 and Mod Shortcourse

and some pics of his vintage ride

Old 07-05-2010, 06:08 PM
Tech Rookie

Is this class open only to 2WD's? I have an old Kyosho Optima and Tamiya Avante that I would love to get back into action.
Old 07-05-2010, 06:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Was at a "Vintage" Gathering in IL 6/26.

I raced a T2 I'm leading the 6 gear RC10!

My brother has almost every version of AE truck/buggy made.

Old 07-07-2010, 12:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nathaniel
Is this class open only to 2WD's? I have an old Kyosho Optima and Tamiya Avante that I would love to get back into action.
So far there's only been one race specific to the vintage cars. Otherwise we have just been running them with the stock/superstock class. In a perfect world the 2wd and 4wd cars would be split but, I don't think there's enough people interested in running vintage 4wd cars. Personally, I'd love it! I would enjoy running my Pro Radiant against the Cat and Yokomo 870c's from yester-year. Until then, I guess it would be up to the individual track operator or race official to determine what can run with what. The cool part about the vintage cars isn't winning, it's driving them. If you had to run it with the modern 4wd cars it would still be cool and a ton of fun. Bring it out!!!