Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 01:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default I Hit It Sideways Round 4

Registration is as follows:

Name:
Forum Name:
Preferred Number: (Repeat drivers use the same number)
Drift Chassis/Conversion:
Radio/Freq:
Tires:

Fee: $20.00 per driver

Schedule:

10am-1pm: Setup, open course
1:30pm-2pm: Registration
2pm-3:30pm: Qualifying
3:30pm-5pm: Open
5pm-6pm: Advance Tandem
6pm-7pm: Pro Tandems
7pm-9pm: 16 bracket points series tandems.

Now the quicker we get things going thru the day the more open course we have.

Note: 2pm is FINAL registration. Since VRW has lighting the schedule is later so the sun goes down and we dont have to be there so early.

Tires: Tires options are: T-Drifts (threated or not), Yokomo Rings, ABS... I dont think anyone is using anything else.

Qualifying: 2 laps to do your best. Only 8 drivers in the Pro class. The rest will be put in Advance. In advance if there is an uneven bracket count or odd man out, the top qualifier(s) will get a by run.

Points Series: Only the top 16 qualifiers will be in this race. If your number 17 your $%*! out of luck for this round in the points race.

Points are as follows:

1st place - 5 points
2nd place - 4 points
3rd place - 3 points
4th place - 2 points
Top qualifier of the day will receive and additional point. If there is a tie for top qualifier then there will be a 2 lap tandem for the extra point.

Example: if your the top qualifier of the day and you also win first you will have 6 points for that round.

Points standings:

1st: Felix - 11 pts
2nd: Jader - 9 pts
3rd: Ben JR, Patrick - 8 pts
4th: Richard - 4 pts
5th: Mini - 3 pts
6th: Nico - 2 pts

Some key points for this event:

Judges have final say in decisions made during tandem battle. There is a total of 4 judges who all 4 have been around for a while, know what to look for and are not playing favorites with other drivers. Judges are: Mini, Felix, Tiger and Jader. Please keep your comments to yourself. There are 4 knowing individuals judging your laps. The laps are discussed before the points are shouted out. Its not like its one persons decision. It was decided by all. While judging is being done, all other drivers must be away from judges please. Thanks

Brake Checking: There are a few examples of this and we all know what it is. Its when your drifting and you hit the brake and the car slides backwards, wether its to get inside a clipping point better or avoid a crash. Lead car will be penalized if brake checking occurs in the event of avoiding a crash with the track, not the Chase car. Another example is when your leading and suddenly you brake for no reason to try to make the chase car bump you, this is a dirty trick and will not be tolerated. (Lead car doesnt have to brake because there is no one in front of you).

Schedule: Schedule will be enforced.

Video Taping: I will have my camera. When we are doing competition tandems I need someone to tape for me. Whoever it is will be the only one allowed near judges while tandems are done if needed depending where he wants to film. Now if you decide to be this person, please follow this format. There are two tandem laps. Each lap has its own score. Record one lap until the score is said. The stop and record the next lap until score is said. This helps us judges to better ourselves for the next time. Thank You

Its gonna be another great event.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Looks like fun Felix... Maybe I will break out a car and run with you guys again...
Old 09-14-2009, 07:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Posted it up on www.villageraceway.com
Old 09-14-2009, 05:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by M-Technic
Posted it up on www.villageraceway.com

Nice video