R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Florida Racing

Old 08-27-2009, 03:20 PM   #1
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to DannyS
Default New track next summer

My name is Danny and we recently open West Coast R/C raceway in Los Angeles. From day one, our goal was to have many Rc tracks nation wide and since I've lived in miami for the last 4 years and having to travel across the country every few months. I'm thinking of opening our second location in Miami or the surrounding areas. These tracks would be indoor electric onroad and offroad tracks. I'm not to sure of how populare electric racing is in s. Florida but if you can give me a few pointers that would be awesome. Our track in la is currently closed due to some parking issue with the city of La Mirada but will reopen soon. I've already called a few brokers and would be looking for a warehouse m2 zoned warehouse where we can have a insite hobby store. Please give as much info as possible and or would be a better idea to open another type of track. The city paperwork should start being processed by April and allow us to start construction in august. We want to open this time next year. Thanks for listening and here is the website for our current track. Www.westcoastraceway.com
DannyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 01:40 PM   #2
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

try coral springs tread they are mostly a electric off-road track
Serpent, 748tq
bluer322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 02:55 PM   #3
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Danny, I have followed your thread and I'm sorry to hear about your track temporary closing, but I gotta say that facility is bad a$$.. An indoor facility like West Coast would kill down here. Good Luck! Doral is a great area to look into. BTW electric racing is alive and doing great here.
gashuffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 07:47 PM   #4
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter

Good Luck Danny, maybe something central to the Tri County area. Can Pull from PB,Broward and Dade county...

Electric is strong in this area.
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost
TimPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 09:38 AM   #5
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to petevette

Took a look at your website. Man, you guys created something real nice. It would be great to have something like that here.

Anywhere in the tri county area should work but keep it near a major highway that has reasonable traffic.

If you continue down this path, let me know. I can put you in touch with some heavy hitters in on-road/off-road that I am sure could help you from a consultory perspective. If interested, send me a PM.

Good luck and keep us posted!
petevette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 10:02 AM   #6
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (99%+)

I think the ideal place would be in the north dade county or south broward county area. The idea is that you can attract racers from miami, hollywood, fort lauderdale, palm beach and everwhere in between. As far as warehouses, i am sure you can find a location in that area. Electric offroad is strong and growing in south florida. good luck and keep us posted.
Team Driver for: Proline, Team Epic/Trinity, Hex Crew, Bulldawg R/C, Speed Demon Hobbies ~~~~TEAM CRUNCHY~~~~
Bulldawg RC is offline   Reply With Quote