R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Florida Racing

Old 09-09-2009, 02:46 PM   #16
Tech Adept

For right now it's pretty much anything up to 1/8th scale. It's mostly a high speed track now with 15 foot wide lanes all throughout. We are going to make it more technical in the future, but we still want to keep most of the high speed factor. You can really fly around it with lanes that wide. It seems that guys like it so far, it can only get better.
We invite all of you local South Florida racers and just pure enthusiasts to join our track club, you are who we built it for.
khudzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 07:26 AM   #17
Tech Adept

Finally my buddies new truggy is practically ready to hit the track, he really took his time going over it. I'm sure we'll see some action any day now.

Old 09-16-2009, 12:46 PM   #18
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Nice truggy. Looking forward to checking out the track soon!
junier00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 03:56 PM   #19
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i have not been there yet, but this track might be the reason i buy an 1/8th scale nitro. i will blame it on you, then i am going to need to pitch a tent on your property for a few days until the dust settles. deal? I will try to run up there with my 10th scale electrics sometime soon. you all got power right? membership avail at the hobby shop? do you stock AE B4 parts?
Old 09-17-2009, 06:16 AM   #20
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by junier00 View Post
Nice truggy. Looking forward to checking out the track soon!
Good deal, man. Did you get the registration pack Kevin sent you?
Old 09-17-2009, 06:36 AM   #21
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by bschanz View Post
i have not been there yet, but this track might be the reason i buy an 1/8th scale nitro. i will blame it on you, then i am going to need to pitch a tent on your property for a few days until the dust settles.
That's the true enthusiast spirit! You got a deal on that one.
As far as power goes, yes, we have power on the side of the shop as well as inside. If you need power at the driver stand, for now we have a big old car battery you could use. We're new at this so our inventory is kind of limited to parts pertaining to Losi vehicles. I guess you could call us Losi fanboys.
We just figured we'd be better off focusing on one line of vehicles but carrying every important part for them than having 10 parts each for a hundred different trucks. We're looking to expand in the future and Team Associated will most likely be the next manufacturer of choice for us. In the meantime we can get parts for your Team Associated, although I realize it's by far not as convenient for you as us having them in stock.
For becoming a member at the track e-mail us at info@overdriverc.com just so we have your e-mail address to send you our track registration and info packet. I can't do it through this forum as it doesn't allow attaching files to PM's. We'll see you soon.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:46 AM   #22
Tech Adept

It's been pretty rainy here lately so we haven't had much action on the track. But that gave me a chance to set up my new 8ight-T 2.0. I didn't expect this to happen but I got it as a birthday gift, that was a pleasant surprise.
Anyway, I had a silver head GRP .21 sitting around that I got a while back, so I went to work replacing the stock motor and doing the overall pre-start inspection and set-up. Finished it up yesterday, she's ready for breaking in now. Can't wait to hit the track.

Old 09-24-2009, 10:31 PM   #23
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (98%+)
Send a message via AIM to Outtacontrol58
Default Vidssss??

Any videos of people racing? I would really like to see some !
Outtacontrol58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 11:05 PM   #24
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by khudzik View Post
Thanks for the comments. As far as location, we're out in Jupiter Farms, 6-7 miles west of I-95.
Track looks great! Just curious how much the drivers stand cost you in materials...We are in the process of trying to build one in Ocala...Ball park figure would be very helpful...Thanks!!

Todd
Todd-ORCCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 06:24 AM   #25
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd-ORCCC View Post
Track looks great! Just curious how much the drivers stand cost you in materials...We are in the process of trying to build one in Ocala...Ball park figure would be very helpful...Thanks!!

Todd
From what I remember it was in the vicinity of $4 or $5 k.
Old 09-26-2009, 06:25 AM   #26
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outtacontrol58 View Post
Any videos of people racing? I would really like to see some !
I'll try to shoot some today. We've got some guys coming out, but I need to squeeze some time to do it.
Old 09-26-2009, 01:05 PM   #27
Tech Adept

I'm looking forward to checking it out. I got my registration ready, and roar renewed. I'm just waiting to get a motor in the new buggy now and then I'll be coming by to register, and run.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:23 AM   #28
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by junier00 View Post
I'm looking forward to checking it out. I got my registration ready, and roar renewed. I'm just waiting to get a motor in the new buggy now and then I'll be coming by to register, and run.
Good deal, man, looking forward to seeing you here. Just so you know we've got motors here too. I shot a few short videos on Saturday, gotta get around to editing them. I'll post the completed one here when I'm done.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:27 AM   #29
Tech Adept

My first attempt at making a video. Did it taking short clips with a photo camera, so the quality isn't stellar, we need to get a nice HD camcorder one of these days. Anyway, guys had a blast running their trucks, hope everyone will like watching this video as much.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Last edited by khudzik; 09-30-2009 at 10:46 AM.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:35 PM   #30
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by khudzik View Post
My first attempt at making a video. Did it taking short clips with a photo camera, so the quality isn't stellar, we need to get a nice HD camcorder one of these days. Anyway, guys had a blast running their trucks, hope everyone will like watching this video as much.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Cool vid. Lots of speed on that track.
Sponsored Links