Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FSEARA 2009-2010 Spec Tire

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 05:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm not going to sugar coat this one. Izzy and I both read this forum, we may not all ways answer your questions right away. It seems it's always the same crap from the same clowns. Do this, do that. BLAB BLAB BLAB. We decided that if your not happy with the tire selection process we would just make the spec tire the most expensive one we could find.(if it costs more it must be better, right)! So we went with the most popular over priced ones we could find. Cost to the racers will be $35.00 per set.

Banquet dinner will be held on Sat. night at 7:00. Any racer who has raced 5 out of 7 races will be eligible for a free dinner. Dinner will be held at KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken) right near the Daytona Speedway on Speedway Blvd. Awards will be given out at the track on Sunday morning.

We have also decided to host a pool party at the La-Quinta Inn, after the banquet. We have reserved two poolside rooms. You must Bring Your Own Bottle. We are not supplying the alcohol.
Old 07-11-2009, 07:33 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tmunno
I'm not going to sugar coat this one. Izzy and I both read this forum, we may not all ways answer your questions right away. It seems it's always the same crap from the same clowns. Do this, do that. BLAB BLAB BLAB. We decided that if your not happy with the tire selection process we would just make the spec tire the most expensive one we could find.(if it costs more it must be better, right)! So we went with the most popular over priced ones we could find. Cost to the racers will be $35.00 per set.

Banquet dinner will be held on Sat. night at 7:00. Any racer who has raced 5 out of 7 races will be eligible for a free dinner. Dinner will be held at KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken) right near the Daytona Speedway on Speedway Blvd. Awards will be given out at the track on Sunday morning.

We have also decided to host a pool party at the La-Quinta Inn, after the banquet. We have reserved two poolside rooms. You must Bring Your Own Bottle. We are not supplying the alcohol.
I dont mind paying $35.00 for a good set of tires that will grip and last the whole day (like RP30's,CS27's or Xenon 32's)

I was just wondering if the racers vote on the rule changes every year why not put the tires on the ballot and let the racers vote for the tire for the next season?
Old 07-11-2009, 08:56 AM
Tech Addict

I really don't see cost as an issue since the change to one day races. You should only need one set of tire for three qualifiers and a main.

Dave
Old 07-11-2009, 10:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Marcos,

It is plain and simple, not all decisions are good for a "Group" vote. The tire call ,while a difficult one at best, is call that should be made by leadership. It is why leaders are picked. Tires are a major source of income for the series, it is the sole reason why entry fees have not gotten higher.. in what a.. decade ? There are bunch of variables that need to be accommodated for the "Right" tire. ( Performance - Availability - Cost - Terms with distributor - Durability -ETC ). Racers bitch and moan they want this,they want that, when ultimately it is the responsibility of the series leadership to sort through that crap and make a call that is best for the series.... as well as the racers.

While the tries we have have for a few seasons have not been the best, they are not the worst. They were decided to be the best solution. I agree there are better performing tires, but that does not mean those will be best for the series as a whole.

The one thing that some racers have commented on ( who has tested the tires ) is a valid one. Maybe this can be answered, maybe not, but either way, there will be tires, and all of us will have to use the same one.

Dave, you mentioned cost as not being important, you have a point, but I see it this way myself. Even if you only need 1 set, two are usually bought, if you have a rip in a tire or a bent wheel.... You go from $50 to $70 for tires... Just a consideration. And cost can be an implied problem too. People see the cost of entry as being 60 bucks to get rolling as apposed to 70... We have heard the complaints from the Superior locals that don't want to race becuase they have to buy "Our" tires...

I was just wondering if the racers vote on the rule changes every year why not put the tires on the ballot and let the racers vote for the tire for the next season?
Old 07-11-2009, 10:44 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TimPotter
Marcos,

It is plain and simple, not all decisions are good for a "Group" vote. The tire call ,while a difficult one at best, is call that should be made by leadership. It is why leaders are picked. Tires are a major source of income for the series, it is the sole reason why entry fees have not gotten higher.. in what a.. decade ? There are bunch of variables that need to be accommodated for the "Right" tire. ( Performance - Availability - Cost - Terms with distributor - Durability -ETC ). Racers bitch and moan they want this,they want that, when ultimately it is the responsibility of the series leadership to sort through that crap and make a call that is best for the series.... as well as the racers.

While the tries we have have for a few seasons have not been the best, they are not the worst. They were decided to be the best solution. I agree there are better performing tires, but that does not mean those will be best for the series as a whole.

The one thing that some racers have commented on ( who has tested the tires ) is a valid one. Maybe this can be answered, maybe not, but either way, there will be tires, and all of us will have to use the same one.

Dave, you mentioned cost as not being important, you have a point, but I see it this way myself. Even if you only need 1 set, two are usually bought, if you have a rip in a tire or a bent wheel.... You go from $50 to $70 for tires... Just a consideration. And cost can be an implied problem too. People see the cost of entry as being 60 bucks to get rolling as apposed to 70... We have heard the complaints from the Superior locals that don't want to race becuase they have to buy "Our" tires...
So what you are saying is that the series is going to pick the tire that they can make the most profit on? Ok I guess i know what the tire choice is going to be then.

You also stated that the current tire we have is not the worst? which was the worst? The tire that we had when i started running the series was the CS27's ( i know that tire is not worst than he current one).
Old 07-11-2009, 12:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This will be the last post on who tested tires

Xexon 28's were tested at Robbies: 3 full heats of people got FREE TIRES TO TEST. (28 racers from Fl. tested tires) (13.5 class)

Xenon 30's were tested at Tampa Region 4 Championships. 17.5/13.5/MOD (that's right all 3 class's used the SAME TIRE )

RP 30'S Are run everywhere.

Jaco Blues (new version) Tested at the Reedy Race of Champions .

Sorex 36's there reputation speaks for it self. Probably the best tire on the market.

Last edited by tmunno; 07-11-2009 at 02:23 PM.
Old 07-11-2009, 12:24 PM
Tech Elite

Quick question..

Who decides on these tires?

Would like the opportunity to speak with him/her or them about Ipanema tires for you guys.

Thank you very much!

Jeff Vargas
Ipanema Sports Inc.
www.ipanemasports.com

BTW.

We can produce tires in 24mm, 25mm & 26mm
100% pure Brazilian rubber
Belted Radials
Many shore ratings & inner foam firmness
Can custom build the exact tires for your series needs.

Thanks again.

Last edited by Jspeed; 07-11-2009 at 12:37 PM. Reason: add BTW & picture
Old 07-11-2009, 12:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Nice try Marcos -................. So I try to impart some of the decision making criteria and mindset, and you spark back with a smart comment.

I am not saying which is the most profitable, but what is the BEST for the series AND the racers. I am not part of the decision, so I cannot tell you which tire will be chosen.

As you are well aware, we had SERIOUS problems with getting the CS 27 in enough quantities. This was not Schuie USA's fault, but they had to deal with the consumers on the problem. IMHO I would rather run CS 27's then any other tire, they are the best ALL AROUND tire.

And yes, the tire is not the worst, it is for sure not the best, but there are plenty of tires out there that are not as good. What I said, and I will say it again, is there are more criteria for the decision then pure performance.

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
So what you are saying is that the series is going to pick the tire that they can make the most profit on? OK I guess i know what the tire choice is going to be then.

You also stated that the current tire we have is not the worst? which was the worst? The tire that we had when i started running the series was the CS27's ( i know that tire is not worst than he current one).

Last edited by TimPotter; 07-11-2009 at 01:11 PM.
Old 07-11-2009, 12:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TimPotter
I am not part of the decision, so I cannot tell you which tire will be chosen.

I will say it again, is there are more criteria for the decision then pure performance.
OK....
Who is the decider?

Would like to talk with him/her or them about what Ipanema can do for your racer's & series.

Thanks again,

Jeff Vargas
Ipanema Sports Inc.
www.ipanemasports.com
Old 07-11-2009, 01:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What a bunch of whiners. What's with you guys- your never happy. Maybe you should get a World GT car-Your choice of tires! Turbo I guess you got your earlier wish- The colonels secret recipe .
JSpeed: if your really wanted to get the series to used your tires, most people would start at the top (The Director -So I'm not talking in code))and ask them - not here as they rarely read this garbage.
Old 07-11-2009, 02:06 PM
Tech Elite

Thank you for your insight bullfrog, we've been contacted as requested on this thread.

All the best to you too.
Old 07-11-2009, 04:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Cool No Room to talk

Marcos
why are you talking about tires in a series that you race less then 50% of the time last series(08/09)! I don't think you or I can say a word in a series about tires that we don't run the min number of races (5)
Old 07-11-2009, 04:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tmunno

Ok so what tire please?

Just a note to some of the guys posting here:

What do you think some of the people who read this think of the FSEARA Series. Also the Racers Sponsors, Series Sponsors and New Racers thinking of racing in this series. It started with a simple question about the tire selection and boom!

Tony all the racers were asking was what was the plans for the awards dinner and tire choice. No reason to get upset. After all I thought that was what a forum was for.
Old 07-11-2009, 04:25 PM
Tech Addict

Tim, I would think that the change to one day events would lower the overall cost of attending a state race enough so that a small increase in tire cost would be bearable. Regardless of the tire chosen, I'll still come out to play.

Dave
Old 07-11-2009, 04:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

We just want to Race, Dosent matter what tire. Ron & Austin,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.