Wiki Posts
Search

FSEARA 2009-2010 Spec Tire

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 02:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tmunno
Troy: Izzy asked me to post a funny response to the tire selection dilemma. We never set set a date in July and last I knew July ain't over yet.

Neither Izzy or I get any tire kick-back money or sponsorship. Every thing we get goes back into the operating fund for the end of the year.

We get tire sponsorship for everyone not just one individual racer. This is all in trying to keep the costs down to the racer.(and yes the profit goes back to the racers)

As far as us picking the MOST EXPENSIVE tire. That alone should have been your first clue. Izzy and I both want the best tire at the best price we can get for the series and the people who race it.

Second clue: KFC your kidding right. I wouldn't take my worst enemy to KFC for a banquet. You were the originator of the KFC joke !!!!!!

May-be next year's directors can get some big time RC Company to foot the trophy bill and banquet bill. But until that happens we the racers pay for it.

And yes we are all clowns at one time or another.
Don't know where your post is coming from as I nor anyone else here has questioned kick-back money or sponsorship deals. In no way am I questioning anyone's integrity here!!
Old 07-13-2009, 02:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RcRacing4Ever
Im not here to offend anyone with this post since I know most of you & are pretty cool but since we are voicing opinons.. here it is. The State series is slowly killing itself with the high cost of entry fees & the tires.I have stopped racing the series just because of those factors. And now you have chosen to hold the event just on Sundays. 3 qualifers & the race, thats going to have to be a well ran program,& I hope it dont rain.I know alot of people travel out of town to just to enter. Where as I can go racing Anywhere in the state & enter a race for 15 bucks,get a discount on the second class. Just look at Adernaline( 3 quals & a Main),which is holding a points race for the same fee(15bucks) & you get a plaque if you attend 3 out of 4 races. Or where Im racing a dirt series,with the same fees(15bucks),If I attend 6 out of 8 I get a free body. Where is the logic to race the series? The series is cool but it aint that cool. Remember this is sopose to be FUN...& I think some of us have lost sight of that. The economy isnt getting better,gas isnt getting cheaper & people are losing jobs left & right. Take it for what its worth...this is Just My Opinon
I know from the outside looking in we look like a bunch of.......well.......clowns! , but we are all racers much like yourself. We hold a meeting at the last race of the series and discuss many rules, classes, and......COSTS! Spec tire, one day races are all there because of costs. For that extra $10.00 in our entry fee, if you race the minimum number of races you will receive dinner at the year-end banquet, a nice trophy, and the chance to call yourself "State Champion"! Club racing is great, but if you don't get beating the best Florida has to offer in a state series......then I just can't explain it to you.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by turbodog
I know from the outside looking in we look like a bunch of.......well.......clowns! , but we are all racers much like yourself. We hold a meeting at the last race of the series and discuss many rules, classes, and......COSTS! Spec tire, one day races are all there because of costs. For that extra $10.00 in our entry fee, if you race the minimum number of races you will receive dinner at the year-end banquet, a nice trophy, and the chance to call yourself "State Champion"! Club racing is great, but if you don't get beating the best Florida has to offer in a state series......then I just can't explain it to you.
+1

Plus, I enjoy traveling once a month to spend time with racing friends, that I don't see on a regular basis.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Turbo and Tim - Ditto!
Old 07-13-2009, 06:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by turbodog
I hope we are all clowns in some way...thats what makes us kid around with each other & have alittle fun...& I understand your point about racing & trying to beat the best in florida. But that is what in my eyes the state series has turned into. Trying to beat the best,in which for myself leaves no room for error as driving is concerned. Where I end up focusing so much on the race & end up not having no fun because I myself didnt drive well, cause I chose the wrong set up or I heated up my tires to soon just trying to keep up. Just like the VTA class, I thought it was a great class. Alot of newbies tried it & gave up because the couldnt get there car to handle as well as the other guy. I myself it took almost 2 months to get it right. Then at the next race just to get beat down again. I was cool with it,because I knew you out drove me and thats what it boiled down to. And to this day Im still trying to figure out how I got out motored in the straight(not saying you just some other cars) when it was sopose to be controled motor & gearing? And the class was gone before it even got started. Rules were chosen by the racers & now the class is gone. My point is if you are trying to lure new racers to attend the event,uping the entry fee isnt it. And while I have come here to respond to your statment I have come to relize I dont feel the need to beat floridas best to have fun. I know what you are saying with the state champion thing,but how can you truely feel that when there are so many racers that are great drivers that dont attend the event? When all they do is race at local club races. Really Im not trying to argue with you Im just stating my opinon hoping you will see what Im trying to say. We all know how you can read something on here & can take it the wrong way. And yes I do dig taking a road trip to go racing with friends. As far as Orlando is concerned all we have is Superior's race to attend which we all know is only once a month. So I take an hour or more drive just to rub fenders with friends every weekend. Im still tring to make it down south where I know there are fast drivers & great tracks. But between fuel,hotel costs & work I havent been able to make it.

Last edited by RcRacing4Ever; 07-13-2009 at 07:49 PM.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Heres an idea. How bout for the open mod guys let them run what ever tire they want and how ever many sets they want. If u are paying the money to run mod you should be able to spend money on tires. The biggest class in the series seems likes its gonna be 13.5 anyways, should be able to make enough money for the series off that nd stock. Just my opinion so feel free to rip me apart now lol