Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Florida Racing
Central Florida 1/8th Electric >

Central Florida 1/8th Electric

Central Florida 1/8th Electric

Old 03-10-2009, 04:28 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Central Florida 1/8th Electric

Is there anyone running classes anywhere in central Florida? I know I have 2 people in Daytona that have Electric 1/8th but would be nice for several more for a class. I would love to get some people together some place to run them at a race.

Glenn
Old 03-11-2009, 04:41 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

outofcontrol in ocoee have electric classes (offroad)

WOW in clermont, has said they will allow electric in the nitro class as long as you do a stop and go when everyone else pits
Old 03-11-2009, 10:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default electric 1/8

Hey Glenn, I know I am getting one and Chris is too. So we will have at least 4 electric 1/8 at Daytona!
Old 03-11-2009, 10:18 AM
Tech Adept

David should be at practice tonight. He has one. Hopefully he will come racing some so that would make 5. I also received an email from another person that is South\West of DAB. Hopeing I can get them to travel our way and maybe we travel their way some times.

So that could be cool.

We need more people wanting to run 1.8th electric. Would love to get a class at Daytona. If not maybe we can all find some compromise and rotate tracks. I like different tracks it makes us run better.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:25 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by uberalles
outofcontrol in ocoee have electric classes (offroad)

WOW in clermont, has said they will allow electric in the nitro class as long as you do a stop and go when everyone else pits

Wow is a great buch of guys. My problem there is they have no permanent power. I dont carry a generator so it makes it more of a hastle. I have run my 10th scale there and would say one heck of a fun track and place. If we know people with generators that are going and they will allow us to grab some power it would be a fun alternative track.

Outta has the same basic problem with power. I have run there once and it seems like a good track. Hopefully I can do more of the electric series there.

I am not against any of these tracks please dont take it that way. I would just need to make sure someone has a generator we could plug in to get power.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:38 PM
Tech Addict

I plan on racing at Strickland on the 21st with mine.

Dave
Old 03-15-2009, 12:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I'd like to race with you guys once again. Its been 2 years. I was racing mod buggy, and the class was too small.

I honestly have a dislike for nitro, but the electric 8th scales are great! If the class was big enough, I would like to race as well, even though due to work I can only race every so often.
Old 03-15-2009, 03:48 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by AndyH5212
I'd like to race with you guys once again. Its been 2 years. I was racing mod buggy, and the class was too small.

I honestly have a dislike for nitro, but the electric 8th scales are great! If the class was big enough, I would like to race as well, even though due to work I can only race every so often.

Hope you will come out and race. We do not have our own class yet but I hope that will change in the future.

I went to WOW and ran Today. It was a blast. I was second in the main until I pulled off. It was about 13 mins into the 20 min main. I was not willing to run my 5000 down to the LVC. They have a Rythem section that well kicks the crud out of most people. It is really hard to hit it over and over and over. I dont think anyone hit it more then 3 times in a row correctly.
They will get there though.

There were 2 guys running electric Caster buggies and trucks there. they did pretty well. Only real problems were with radios of all things for them. None of the systems had any major issues.

All in all my RC8e ran perfectly. I had no issues. temps after the 10 min runs wer mid 140 for motor and 130 for the esc.

One of the guys had dean plug issues with them coming appart. So anyone running deans may want to zip tie them.
Old 03-17-2009, 06:48 AM
Tech Adept

I hope some electric guys will show up with their 8th scales. Daytona is having a club race on the 21st. Gates open at 10 and racing at noon.
If we get enough I know they will give us a class.

Glenn
Old 03-17-2009, 08:32 AM
Tech Addict

Is this a new starting time? Seems way earlier than the last time I was there.

Dave
Old 03-19-2009, 09:42 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nichocgn
Hope you will come out and race. We do not have our own class yet but I hope that will change in the future.

I went to WOW and ran Today. It was a blast. I was second in the main until I pulled off. It was about 13 mins into the 20 min main. I was not willing to run my 5000 down to the LVC. They have a Rythem section that well kicks the crud out of most people. It is really hard to hit it over and over and over. I dont think anyone hit it more then 3 times in a row correctly.
They will get there though.

There were 2 guys running electric Caster buggies and trucks there. they did pretty well. Only real problems were with radios of all things for them. None of the systems had any major issues.

All in all my RC8e ran perfectly. I had no issues. temps after the 10 min runs wer mid 140 for motor and 130 for the esc.

One of the guys had dean plug issues with them coming appart. So anyone running deans may want to zip tie them.
Hey, you were the guy with the Associated electric right? This is Chris. I race the Caster Fusion buggy and Caster F8T electric truggy. Glad to hear you had a great time. Was my first time out with the electrics and YES I need to zip tie my deans connectors lol! I am going to start running electric over nitro at the tracks that allow me. So Daytona guys, c'mon down down to WOW.

About the generator. I usually have mine, its small but works. Also get a inverter for your car. I plug my charger in that and it gets power from the power outlet in your car (cigarette lighter). Been doing that for awhile too.

Also DC off road park will allow you to run electric with nitro. Both DC and WOW will do a serarate class if enough electrics show up. Outacontrol is the only one that I think will not allow electric with nitro.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:30 AM
Tech Adept

Yea I was the guy with the electric RC8. I hope to have a couple of guys in Daytona hooked and converted. Manny has been nice and even helped me with my setup in Daytona. As soon as we have enough for a class I know he would like us to have a class. I know 1 person that already has one besides me that comes and races at Daytona. There is the potential for 2 more guys to get one.

I would love to get a group going over time that will start running together. would be nice to maybe do some different tracks as a goup some times.

What we need is a hobby shop that wants to push these things and can be competetive in some form with online. Superior has been pretty good and has decent prices. They are just out of my way.

Also starting to look at new battery so I have 2. I am thinking about Thnuder Power. They have a 40c battery and looks like thery are making a 5000 4s in the 138 mm length that I need. Hope they get it roar approved. Bummer that it is not as wide as 2 single batteries they could not have but some more mah in there.
Old 03-19-2009, 02:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

I have 2 converted X1-CR's and converted X1-CRT. A friend of mine is just about to build a converted X1-CR as well. It's quite possible that we may be up for racing within the next couple of months.

Does anyone know what kind of rules there are at WoW and Daytona for electric 1/8th? How about battery limitations (cell count, hard/soft case, etc.)? I have 0 hard cased ROAR approved Lipos and really don't want to have buy them if I don't have to.

Also, anyone want to share their motor/ESC info?

Here's mine:
X1-CR # 1 - Neu 1512/2D on a MMM
X1-CR # 2 (planning a CORR conversion) - Castle Monster 2200kv combo
X1-CRT - Neu 1515/1Y on a MMM

My batts are 4S 25C Neu 4900mAh and 5S 25C 5000mAh Thunder Power.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:03 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by skelly1344
I have 2 converted X1-CR's and converted X1-CRT. A friend of mine is just about to build a converted X1-CR as well. It's quite possible that we may be up for racing within the next couple of months.

Does anyone know what kind of rules there are at WoW and Daytona for electric 1/8th? How about battery limitations (cell count, hard/soft case, etc.)? I have 0 hard cased ROAR approved Lipos and really don't want to have buy them if I don't have to.

Here's mine:

No rules at WOW or DC Off Road Park. Just run watcha brung.

Here is what I am running.

Caster Fusion EX-1 - Medusa 2200 afterburner with MMM & single pack conv.
Caster F8T - Fusion 2045 motor with a Hobbywing ESC.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:57 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by skelly1344

Here's mine:

Officialy any track that is a ROAR track should be enforcing the hard case for saftey reasons. That being said I dont know very many tracks that are inspecting for hard case batteries. I can bet as the class gets popular someone will complain. But by that time you will probably be buying more anyway. Neither WOW or Daytona has ever said anything to me about batteries. I have run a soft case in my 10th scale for 3 years.

As of last time I raced at both tracks neither one has an electric only class for 1/8th. I know that either track would love to have a class of these if there are enough people. Personally I dont want my own class until we can get aobut 8 people. I made an 8th to have people to run against.

Also neither track changes their main length as of this time because you are electric. I know one guy made a 20 with some 4s 6500 but he was fairly smooth. So you would need to plan on a battery change at most tracks if you are in the Amain.

Personally battery cell count is not relevant to me. Once you have so muuch power these things are not controllable. So have fun with what you have. Also if you keep adding batteries for the length of a main sooner or later the weight in the systems gets to cause car balanace issues. This is another one of those. When it gets really popular some person will complain. Once again it aint in the next year I am willing to bet. So dont worry.

Personal thoughts about the tracks. - I like them both. Wow is slightly bigger then Daytona I believe but neigther one is a monster track. I think Dc is pretty big but I have never been there. Electric outlets at WOW do not exist. You will need to borrow power from someone with a generator or bring your own. Daytona has electric at its track. Both surfaces tend to be a hard pack clay. I have found great people at both tracks.

I am planning on running at Daytona this Saturday. Bring your stuff out and run.

Both sites have websites. You can go to RC signup and find the addresses as I dont have them with me right now. www.rcsignup.com

Last edited by nichocgn; 03-20-2009 at 01:12 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.