Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What keeps people coming back........

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 06:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default What keeps people coming back........

I thought that I would start a new post on this subject. With the economic times, R/C is taking a back seat in a lot of peoples priorities, and with that being said, when you do get a chance to attend a race, weather it is at a club or National level. What is it that will keep you coming back?

For me, it is split depending on the type of event attending. At a club level, a well run program is important, for 3 qualifiers and a main....it shouldn't take staying at a track all day. I remember when Speedline was running, we used to be done by 2pm and I could be home to spend time with my family before dinner time. Receintly, I can recall having to tell my family to go ahead and eat without me because at 5pm we were still on the track. That caused stress with the family and has caused issues with being able to attend additional races.

And at either level, its important to have a clean track with good traction that doesn't creat a weeks worth of cleaning, and having to replace belts, pullies and gears.

When it comes to State or National races, my family knows well in advance as to what is going on, which makes it easier to justify getting home a little later on Sunday and I can spend some extra time with them before I leave.

Some input please.
Old 03-01-2009, 06:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Friends

Thats one the thing that keeps me coming back,also just to have fun that is the name of the game for me, as for family thats why i budget with the wife an pick an choose the races that i can afford,an splitting the costs helps alot too.Any catching what i call buddy deals on parts,sometimes cars ,an motors.I learn alot too from every race club or national event, you will always bring stories back no matter how big or small.thats how just my 2cents thks Bobby Watson.
Old 03-10-2009, 01:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by impalabob64
Thats one the thing that keeps me coming back,also just to have fun that is the name of the game for me, as for family thats why i budget with the wife an pick an choose the races that i can afford,an splitting the costs helps alot too.Any catching what i call buddy deals on parts,sometimes cars ,an motors.I learn alot too from every race club or national event, you will always bring stories back no matter how big or small.thats how just my 2cents thks Bobby Watson.
+1
I have to agree with Bobby 100% Capitol Classics BABY

James you did not answer your own ? since every year that I've lived hear you always stated your done & then your at the next race so you really need to answer that ?
Old 03-10-2009, 01:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GMartinez
James you did not answer your own ? since every year that I've lived hear you always stated your done & then your at the next race so you really need to answer that ?
I think I have unstable denial syndrome
Old 03-10-2009, 03:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcfoolz
I think I have unstable denial syndrome
Have you heard the best medication is racing so I will see ya @ Homestede or maybe ronnie's