Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Florida Racing
Outacontrol Raceway Race Schedule and Events >

Outacontrol Raceway Race Schedule and Events

Outacontrol Raceway Race Schedule and Events

Old 04-10-2009, 05:07 AM
Tech Regular

As I mentioned last weekend I will be changing the jumps this weekend.
If anyone wants to help I will be there from sun up to sun down
Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. If things go well and we get done, the
guys that help can practice Sunday afternoon. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:14 PM
Tech Regular

All the pipes aren't in yet but the lay out will be about the same as last race. Just the jumps have changed.

80 yards of clay put on the track this weekend.
Thanks for your help.
Dorian T.
Jay G.
John G.
Cliff A.

Big Thanks to:
Dan Emrick
Pete Payne
Old 04-21-2009, 05:04 AM
Tech Regular

Outacontrol Championship Series Round #5 scheduled for May 2nd has been changed to May 9th
Old 05-15-2009, 02:12 PM
Tech Regular

Congrats to the winners of round #5

1/8 Truck
1. Jay Grenot
2. JJ Turk
3. Tony Brown

1/8 Sportsman Buggy
1. Asher Stevens
2. Mark Ousley
3. Nick Maldonado

1/8 Sportsman Truck
1. Jon Grant
2. Jason Big Money
3. Darrell Stevens

1/8 Buggy
1. Billy Easton
2. Chad Phillips
3. Dale Swauger

Monster Truck
1. JJ Turk
2. Deacon
3. Jovan Cruz
Old 05-19-2009, 10:49 AM
Tech Regular

Throttle Return Springs / Rubber Bands / Fail Safe

During round # 5 at Outacontrol Raceway we had several run away trucks. One had TRS and built in FS. But the receiver failed and let the truck run full throttle into a pipe launching it into pit lane injuring a spectator. I was preparing the awards and didn’t get to inspect the truck. Taking the racers word for it the TRS and FS didn’t work. Another racer flipped in his roof and the receiver battery came un-plugged and the connecting rod in the engine broke. This racer didn’t have a TRS. A TRS or a RB would have saved his engine.

Not setting up the radio correctly is the most common problem I have seen with built in Fail Safe. I have done it and I sure allot you guys have. We install a new receiver or set up a new model. After we bind the radio we turn on the radio and the throttle/brake servo is reversed. We then go in and reverse the throttle/brake setting. Time to race!!!! The radio fails and the truck goes full throttle. We start checking the truck and find the antenna broke off or the battery in our transmitter is low or dead. Well guys after you reversed your throttle/brake setting you didn’t re-bind your radio. In most radios you set your Fail Safe when you bind the receiver to the transmitter. A simple test will tell you if your built in fail safe works. This only works if the receiver has power. Turn on your truck (with-out starting it) turn on your transmitter. Check for proper operation. Then pull on full throttle and turn off the transmitter. The receiver should apply full brake. If not your built in fail safe is not set correctly. Caution!!! If your fail safe is set for full brake and your pit person doesn’t turn off the truck when you turn off your radio, you will have a fried servo when you get done turn marshalling. I set my fail safe for throttle/brake and steering neutral position. Then worse case if my truck don’t get turned off I will just have a dead battery. Do the same test but this time leave your radio on. Turn off your truck or unplug your battery. Your TRS should pull the throttle closed. If not then your TRS is not strong enough or your linkage is binding up. TRS and RB will prevent a runaway truck if you loose signal, loose power, or linkage comes off.

A bad servo or a bad receiver is the other reasons for a truck to run away. In the case of a bad servo you should still have steering. You should try to steer the truck away from injuring someone. The time it happened to me I turned my truck right and was doing doughnuts and the turn marshal thought I was being a smart ass, but no one got hurt.
Throttle Return Springs / Rubber Bands / Fail Safes are not full proof but will improve your odds against a run away truck. Most tracks and race promoters assume that we are grown men and have enough common sense to use these safety devises.

How would you feel if you hurt some one or some one in your family got hurt because a racer didn’t take all measures to prevent a truck from a running away. With all this said I will be TESTING all trucks for proper fail safe and throttle return springs. Bring your truck and radio to registration when you sign in for the race. I would rather loose attendance at my track rather then some one getting hurt.

Thanks
Andy Ousley
Old 05-21-2009, 05:54 PM
Tech Regular

Track is looking good for Saturday. No rain today. We put the wall back up for the big jump and re-faced most of the jumps. Thanks Johny, jay, mark, and dan.

I have some help coming early tomorrow. Things will be really good saturday.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by outacontrol
Track is looking good for Saturday. No rain today. We put the wall back up for the big jump and re-faced most of the jumps. Thanks Johny, jay, mark, and dan.

I have some help coming early tomorrow. Things will be really good saturday.
Hey Andy. Got some friends coming from Tampa to race. Can’t wait to try your new layout, looks good.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Is there a electric race this Saturday, 23rd?

Details please: Start Time, Etc.
Old 05-23-2009, 07:14 PM
Tech Regular

anotherrcguy
We canceled all electric racing do to no turn-out. We do have a slash class on the nitro race days.
Old 05-23-2009, 07:19 PM
Tech Regular

Revised Race Schedule

Outacontrol Nitro Series
May 23rd 2009 Round #6
RAINED OUT

Outacontrol Nitro Series
June 6th 2009 Round #6

Outacontrol Nitro Series
June 20th 2009 Round #7

Outacontrol Nitro Series
June 26th, 27th, And 28tH 2009 Round #8 Finals

Race Day Schedule For Nitro Series
Open Practice 7:00am to 9:00am
Drivers Meeting 9:15am
Racing Starts at 9:30am
Old 05-23-2009, 07:23 PM
Tech Regular

Brian, I'm glad to hear from you. I have your award from last season And I have your refund from the roar membership. I hope to see you in a couple of weeks.
Old 05-30-2009, 08:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

is practice allowed on non race days?
Old 06-01-2009, 04:40 AM
Tech Regular

Sorry Jimbo but the track is closed except on race day.
Old 06-01-2009, 03:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by outacontrol
Sorry Jimbo but the track is closed except on race day.
Andy look forward to racing @ your track again it's been a while
wished there was an open practice day
Old 06-01-2009, 06:58 PM
Tech Regular

Hi George, How is onroad doing? I will be lucky to have the track ready by Sat. morning. All the rain has done allot of damage to the track. This summer I might open for a practice day during the week.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.