Wiki Posts
Search

FORGASS Idea Changes for the 2009

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 04:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rangulo
Adis- This is why a lot of people quit and why the hobby does not grow.. When I went to Italy I spoke with the guy who was in charge of the racing organization. They have a racing program that is really oganized and has different classes and keeps them there until they are good enough to move up. You cant just want to race with collari. If you want to be an expert you have you race your way up there. There novice intermediate and expert... Look at the off road progams. They have different classes so all can race and be competitive. If there are 100 racers and two classes what would it change to have 4 classes and 100 racers. The number one benifit is racers would race in more equal classes where they are more competitive...
This is always a topic that confuses me. The computer sorts out the qualifying results from first to last and puts you with a group that your competitive with. A-z. If your a competitive racer, which racing is a competition and your the man in novice but still at the tail end of the expert whats the point? Make you feel better about sucking? Easier for the individual to gain attention from perspective sponsors? Give recognition to the guy that's still paying retail for a REASON? Educate me. I'm fond of learnin... 1/8th open look at the points, I suck. When I get to the open A I will feel alot more pride than being king of the rest of the ran's.
Old 11-24-2008, 04:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by icm
DJ, i'm making it personal. but to if you will read back in the history books "sgrid". Rafael is always the one who speaks up. which is where i came up with that. He's always the one who speaks up.

but it is the same couple of people that have alot of ideas. but can never make it to the sour grapes race "not 1 time in the last 3 years or longer (it's one day)" or will not donate there time. would you like to donate your time and always have to put up with this.

i can say i was the president for a couple of years and had to put up with some of the same things.
ICM not sure if you are refferring this message to me or to someone else
(but it is the same couple of people that have alot of ideas. but can never make it to the sour grapes race "not 1 time in the last 3 years or longer (it's one day)" or will not donate there time. would you like to donate your time and always have to put up with this.)
I already quoted I will be attending the Grapes & my idea was merely an encouragement to attract new drivers to the hobby. I have not followed the full series & this season will be my 1st full state series
DJ+1 on the absentee ballot
Hope you guys work it out
Old 11-24-2008, 05:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MugenDrew
This is always a topic that confuses me. The computer sorts out the qualifying results from first to last and puts you with a group that your competitive with. A-z. If your a competitive racer, which racing is a competition and your the man in novice but still at the tail end of the expert whats the point? Make you feel better about sucking? Easier for the individual to gain attention from perspective sponsors? Give recognition to the guy that's still paying retail for a REASON? Educate me. I'm fond of learnin... 1/8th open look at the points, I suck. When I get to the open A I will feel alot more pride than being king of the rest of the ran's.

Drew-I know you feel strongly about racing with the guys who run fast. It is overwhelming to new racers and intermediate racers to be racing and feel like there is some sort of progression in the racing. Is having one big class better for racers or is it hurting racers. Can racing with Paolo in a qualifier make you better when every other lap you pulling over... No is my guess...... I also feel getting people involved in making new racers more knowledgeable so they make better decisions and have a foward moving racing program.. Think of the health of the series and its racers. Money is low and racers will have less to spend on hobbies and making racing good for all makes it more of a motivater to to spend the little they have to join us in racing.

I spend a lot of my time helping other and practicing what I preach. Many have benefited from help that I give them to make them more capable to help themselves and then in turn help others.. What is the point of having a big class where everyone races together. People get tired of trying....
Old 11-24-2008, 05:21 PM
Tech Initiate

Remember back, to the past Sour Grapes.. It was almost a landslide vote against resorts. And I don’t think even if you attended would have made a difference.

There is a handful that are for it and a majority that are against it.

Therefore, the majority wins. You act as if Gary just swept it under the carpet but this was not the case, the people who attended stood up and raised their hands for a no resort program. "End of story"

I could understand if you were coming with major problems but this is something that appears Raf has had and issue with forever. However, this tid bit shit is getting to be ridicules. Get over it already. Come up with something NEW and exciting. Like strippers at half time... I am sure that would drawl in a few racers (another 411 I bet alot don’t know about... The meeting with the track owners and newly elected officials and past officials use to take place at a strip club)

And Dj we have enough trouble getting things updated on the computer, how in the hell do you think any kind of ballot would work?

And I would like to add one more comment... I am my own person! I speak for myself. Gary does not always agree with what I post and I don't care. I speak my mind and have always done so. If I step on any toes.. Sorry it’s just the way I am. I have from day one, been very involved in this hobby with Gary. I have paid attention to how things are run in the pass and in the present. I think some are coming down to hard on people just because things just DONT GO THEIR WAY and this is wrong. Speaking your mind is one thing being a Pain in the ass is another!!!
Old 11-24-2008, 05:34 PM
Tech Champion

Here is a suggestion kinda like certain website's have a interent poll to vote
Could there be a way of creating it on the Forgass site a poll & an absentee ballot online. Just IMO
Old 11-24-2008, 05:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I've heard some requests for another vote on the ( 8 ) in the main & 2 bumps rule. So I'm sure this will be added to the list
Old 11-24-2008, 05:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MHarrison
I've heard some requests for another vote on the ( 8 ) in the main & 2 bumps rule. So I'm sure this will be added to the list
DO mean in 200mm.. Are you for 8+2 or 10+2...
Old 11-24-2008, 05:50 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by MugenDrew
Drew even the points don't justify the knowledge you have since I meet you I always see you willing to help out others. Which is 1 of the reasons I never really care about the points I just want to go out to race hang out with friends & help others I have learned a lot on my own & with the help of others as well Raff,DJ,Paolo, in the past & you,RandyC,freddy,greg, in 1/8th thanks again & I pass it on to others but it would be nice if we can attract more drivers. We have the Gt class & hopefully some that are doing well will step up in another class but we need something that can accomadate to the new driver.
Sportsman class is the way & at the end of the year the winner of that class could enter the pro class
Im not here to be butting heads with anyone just trying to keep this positive & suggestive ideas & all that know me Im always willing to help out anyone who needs help to keep promoting what we do in this Great hobby
Old 11-24-2008, 05:51 PM
Tech Champion

10+2
Old 11-24-2008, 05:51 PM
Tech Elite

Forgass should have a suggestion box at all the races. This way racers could put their ideas in the box. Ideas, complaints, good things and bad.

Just an idea.

DJ Apolaro
Old 11-24-2008, 05:59 PM
Tech Initiate

Hmmm Good Idea, what to name the box? It could be the Bbox!!
Old 11-24-2008, 06:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Drew-I know you feel strongly about racing with the guys who run fast. It is overwhelming to new racers and intermediate racers to be racing and feel like there is some sort of progression in the racing. Is having one big class better for racers or is it hurting racers. Can racing with Paolo in a qualifier make you better when every other lap you pulling over... No is my guess...... I also feel getting people involved in making new racers more knowledgeable so they make better decisions and have a foward moving racing program.. Think of the health of the series and its racers. Money is low and racers will have less to spend on hobbies and making racing good for all makes it more of a motivater to to spend the little they have to join us in racing.

I spend a lot of my time helping other and practicing what I preach. Many have benefited from help that I give them to make them more capable to help themselves and then in turn help others.. What is the point of having a big class where everyone races together. People get tired of trying....
This is good. I am not trying to put a spin on this and if it seems this way, BY NO MEANS is this the intent.
Reading the forgass history it seems like along time ago there were alot of tracks in Florida. Each track had a club. Somewhere along the time line club "A" decided to go to club "B" and take there trophies. It did not take long before everybody was at everyone else's house taking there hardware home. And so forgass Begin. "The ELITE of the ELITE" in the state of Florida.
We have three "top notch tracks" for gas racing in the state. Where are the roots? Where is the club racing? Where is there racing going on for the "new" to cut there teeth?
Club racing weekly at "SS Speedway", club race at "The FORT" and a club race "KRaceway" in January. For the love of God I hope I have the means to make this one. If not I would like to say thank you to the KRaceway people for making this happen even if I am not in attendance. Somebody call "Superior" and the other local shops, fliers...something. Let Orange county know whats going down at K.
If there was club racing going on thru out Florida at our "WORLD CLASS" tracks, maybe once again we can see the Mass turn outs of incredible talent that I saw when I attended my first forgass race...pride, prestige and a feeling of accomplishment, as well as opening the doors of sponsorship...
No clubs, no teeth cutting this not suposed to be kindergarden even if you ride/drive a "SHORTBUS"(sup bus)...show up at a STATE race and get your azz waxed.
Raf where and what do you race to keep your radio HOT?

Last edited by MugenDrew; 11-24-2008 at 06:29 PM.
Old 11-24-2008, 06:18 PM
icm
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by GMartinez
ICM not sure if you are refferring this message to me or to someone else
(but it is the same couple of people that have alot of ideas. but can never make it to the sour grapes race "not 1 time in the last 3 years or longer (it's one day)" or will not donate there time. would you like to donate your time and always have to put up with this.)
I already quoted I will be attending the Grapes & my idea was merely an encouragement to attract new drivers to the hobby. I have not followed the full series & this season will be my 1st full state series
DJ+1 on the absentee ballot
Hope you guys work it out
all we need is some one else to vote on for president. i think gary would have like for someone else be president. but no one wanted to be it, so he was revoted in.
Old 11-24-2008, 06:31 PM
Tech Champion

PORKCHOP for President
Old 11-24-2008, 08:44 PM
Tech Adept

Default Change is good

What should FORGASS do to keep people motivated to race in 09'
Hey Ralf I believe you guys were doing a great job with Keeping people interested with PORK CHOP AND APPLE SAUCE what went SOUR. The saga continue Danger Joe to the rescue

Change is good!!! What I am talking about maybe I should keep my mouth shut but that is all well. This season there was a major change in the rules with the adding of a second bump up, I was worried about this change, losing the opportunity to win in a lower main and it turned out to be the best thing for me and other drivers!

I went to last seasons' sour grape and I don’t remember any agenda or list of suggestions for rule changes. It was just like any other race's driver meeting so if some one distracted you or you missed out on the speech you where out of luck. Maybe a box of suggestions to place next to the registration and brought up @ the driver meeting. What do I Know?

Last edited by R*R*R*Pinard; 11-24-2008 at 10:24 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.