FORGASS STATE RACE #4

Old 11-10-2008, 04:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default FORGASS STATE RACE #4 at Fort Myers

Due to the circumstances at the Port Charlotte track this race will be held at the Fort Myers track. I can appreciate everyone support for there favorite tracks and hope that they see that a loss of any of the remaining tracks is a tragedy.

Everyone should be thankful that a few people take there time to prep, clean, run and man these tracks so everyone has a place to race there cars.

Friday practice is not a Forgass day of racing it is up to the track owner to or not to have and at there expense to get ready and manned for you to run on

So I hope to see everyone at the next race to have a fun time and hang out with your friends or if you chose not to I understand and am sure there is many other facilities that will accommodate your racing needs

Last edited by TrickPonYracing; 11-10-2008 at 03:57 PM.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:41 AM
Tech Addict

Default bla blA BLA

Originally Posted by TrickPonYracing
WHAT WERE YOU TRYING TO SAY HERE GARY THREE DOTS DONT TELL US MUSH. WE WERE HOPING YOU WERE GONNA SAY IT WILL BE ?
Old 11-10-2008, 09:30 AM
Tech Adept

Angry

Originally Posted by KyoshokiddT.D
WHAT WERE YOU TRYING TO SAY HERE GARY THREE DOTS DONT TELL US MUSH. WE WERE HOPING YOU WERE GONNA SAY IT WILL BE ?
I can speak for all racers about the sadness of loosing Charlotte Track off the FORGASS State series GREAT TRACK what a shame. All my sympathy

Race #4
Every one speak now or forever hold your peace!!

No offense Jim love your track but it feel like we gonna do a lots of racing @ the FORT this season.

Last edited by R*R*R*Pinard; 11-10-2008 at 01:32 PM.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Oh yea.. How did that meeting During the lunch Hour go? Did we find a solution out? Since the topic has now risin to the attention of all the racers.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:48 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TrickPonYracing
I HOPE THE ... MEANS
KISSIMMEE
Old 11-10-2008, 01:17 PM
Tech Initiate

The ... means that it will be announced. Gary was at work when He asked me to post it.

The ... will be change later when he gets home from work.
Old 11-10-2008, 02:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I would have liked to have it back at Kissimmee as well, but I think it is going to be at the Fort
Old 11-10-2008, 03:50 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcpaintinpete
I HOPE THE ... MEANS
KISSIMMEE
You bet!!!

Last edited by Dennison J; 11-10-2008 at 05:22 PM.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

guys who cares were the next race is. lets just race. You should be lucky that we even have tracks to race on.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Just thought that I would like to add a little blast from the past:

http://testfly.0catch.com/sunshine%20bandits/srcar.html
Old 11-10-2008, 05:15 PM
Tech Addict

Boy, what a bummer it is to have lost that track

I didn't like the love bugs ... but I did like that track
Old 11-10-2008, 05:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

A long time ago in a land far far away...get sum. Yeah, gray springs and soft tires kick A##!
It was disturbing to hear this announced in front of the FORGASS racers in attendance. It brought finality to it. Are you two sure there is not anything your racer's could help you do to let us run on the port again? Seems like a huge waste of the county's money as well as the P.C. It could be earning the county income?
Split the two races between Homestead and Kissimmee?
Run both races at Kissimmee and have them change the track lay-out?
Run the remaining race's at "The Fort". Next one with are cars as they are, but run the layout back wards. The race after that in normal direction but 1/8th has to run 962 canopy bodies and touring runs "outlaw" bodies...
Yeah I know it's asinine "..."
Attached Thumbnails FORGASS STATE RACE #4-1clubrace139.jpg  
Old 11-10-2008, 05:36 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by LefebvreC
guys who cares were the next race is. lets just race. You should be lucky that we even have tracks to race on.
True.... Although Kissimmee is a blast, it is very sad to have lost a track. I know there is alot of frustration, wasted time and money. I have personally experienced this when I was President of my old club back in Trinidad. Spent lots of personal funds to build the sport only to loose it to officials with other agendas. The same all over the world. It never fails that they always make these moves after you spend the money and do the work. Wonder if they get kicks out of doing this.

But, if it's at Kissimmee, as busy as my schedule is, I will make the effort to support anyway I can.
Old 11-10-2008, 06:25 PM
Tech Elite

Well guys, another race in the books. It was good all around. The friends, weather, track, food, etc was as nice as one could have hoped for. I am very sad about the Port C. Track for many reasons, but mainly for all the hard work it must taken and now it is all gone. Let this remind us of what can happen. I know David and Gary have put countless hour and money into making a great track for us to race at. I think David is one of the most dedicated people to this sport I have even seen.

Thank you guys for all that you do!!!!!!!!!!!

Now for Race #4. David and I have been talking about how to help the racers of Forgass in this great sport we enjoy so much. We had planned on starting a class every once in a while for topics that would help new and old racers a like. It does not matter what brand you drive, what motor you use or so on. David posted on the race #3 forum that the first class will be at race #4. We are going to do this, however it will have to be at race #5, since I am not making the next race. I just wanted to let people know now so we are on the same page. Look foward to helping those that want help.

Till next race,

DJ Apolaro
Old 11-10-2008, 07:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

It's a shame when another really nice track get's lost. I did not have the privalege of getting the chance to race @ the lakeland track when I moved from N.Y to Florida. I was excited to see the how much more tracks there are compared to N.Y & was really looking forward to racing @ Lakeland only to find out it was no more.
Thank you David,Gary & all other's that were involved in getting the Port Charlotte Track. Your effort & hard work did not go unrecognized I really enjoyed the couple of races I attended there & it is sad it will be no more.

It's been 3 years now living here & I still can't forget those 1st couple of racers that helped & assited me in my 1st race Kev H & Raf etc I feel that I have way more friends/fellow racers here than I ever had before more of a family environment. leading to a family that stays together is stronger let's not work against each other. 2 tracks gone & I've seen 4 lost in N.Y & they only have 1 track to race at in the summer
Thanks again

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.