Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FARMERS HOBBY WORKING ON AN ASPHALT OVAL

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 06:35 PM
Tech Regular

Default FARMERS HOBBY ASPHALT OVAL RACING

We are looking at getting back into Oval w/maybe a small road course, but this time with asphalt and electric. This location is right in front of the Cafe. The track size will be 65'x120'. The best part of it is the covered pit area that is 14'x115' that runs along the backstretch of the track. Nothing like a covered pit area. There are some electrical outlets, real restrooms and a cafe right there.

We will run any type of vehicles w/foams or rubber tires. Nascar, Late Models, Speed, Truck, 1/10, 1/18, 2wd, 4wd....

The pics show the area and all the parking around the outside fence.... We are going to run some cars to test the area out. If things work out, we will have the surface recoated to smooth it out if needed.

We are trying to have more types of vehicles to run here, ie, off-road, crawling and asphalt. I will keep you guys posted as to when we will start, probably on Sun. mornings.

Did I say covered pits
http://farmershobby.jalbum.net/Asphalt%20Oval/

Last edited by FARMERSHOBBY; 07-24-2008 at 06:00 PM.
Old 07-22-2008, 07:22 PM
Tech Rookie

that sounds cool good luck with it
Old 07-22-2008, 07:36 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

how about kyosho inferno spec class???
Old 07-22-2008, 07:50 PM
Tech Regular

When we test, bring one and lets see it run... I am always open to any class.

Pan, touring, off road-cars, we will run them all. 1/8, 1/10, 1/12, 1/18, bring em all

Maybe a series between some tracks
Old 07-23-2008, 03:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I would like to see Nitro pan and 4wd touring cars with nascar bodies...just using the small spoiler in the rear for downforce.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:09 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

You know I've been looking at getting more into oval, and I know Adrenaline has been getting a program going, and I know Ronnie already has a program, I think I Tampa oval circuit between tracks could be awesome!
Old 07-23-2008, 09:55 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (53%+)

Originally Posted by abailey21
You know I've been looking at getting more into oval, and I know Adrenaline has been getting a program going, and I know Ronnie already has a program, I think I Tampa oval circuit between tracks could be awesome!
but u dont like the roundy round
Old 07-23-2008, 05:37 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rc action
You guys will like running here If the plan works we will have a very active asphalt program. We are planning some demonstration racing going on during the full scale racing. Time to stock the hobby shop with the items you guys will need with on road stuff again..

The sound of the big track racing going on while electrics are going around our oval or road course; will look great on you tube...

On Sun 8/3, @ 10a, we will be having a get together for guys to bring out the different types of cars and check the place out for themselves... We're gonna have a good top surface to race on here soon.

The track will be laid out out for some road course racing as well as the oval. I want to give you guys another form of racing. Racing is racing, sometimes you just have to change tires.. :roll:

If everyone had a spektrum radio, we could hold racing at 2 different tracks :idea:
Old 07-23-2008, 07:03 PM
Tech Adept

yo greg did you fall over and bump the right side of ur head,if so cool. but this does seem like fun but tons of work,if we could get the regulars to show up,and get past all this bad weather its gonna work just fine. stick to a regular program and possibly a weeknight. keep it different and you may draw a crowd.....l8ter matt!
Old 07-23-2008, 07:34 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I never said i didn't like roundy round, I just stated the fact that they're fast as hell

17.5 LiPo for me greg!

Originally Posted by rc action
Old 07-23-2008, 08:11 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by blackdragon
yo greg did you fall over and bump the right side of ur head,if so cool. but this does seem like fun but tons of work,if we could get the regulars to show up,and get past all this bad weather its gonna work just fine. stick to a regular program and possibly a weeknight. keep it different and you may draw a crowd.....l8ter matt!
Off road is a bit slow everywhere. We are ready to race all the time, until the rain stayed too long. The hard work is when we move the off road track Everything on the asphalt is there. I really like the covered pits. A few pipes and we are good. I watched some vid's from Minnreg and MTR. Nice tracks but a bit too small for me.

Kinda like having the Monster Mile @ East Bay. Road course will be a bit smaller than the Mango track. We are working on some tent companies to help us out with some overhead covers We have the need for speed

I am curious to see to how the different B/L motors will run. We may not get everyone, but some is better than none for a track that is not too big nor too small
Old 07-23-2008, 08:11 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (53%+)

Originally Posted by abailey21
I never said i didn't like roundy round, I just stated the fact that they're fast as hell

17.5 LiPo for me greg!
how about 12th scale??
Old 07-23-2008, 08:14 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by FARMERSHOBBY
When we test, bring one and lets see it run... I am always open to any class.

Pan, touring, off road-cars, we will run them all. 1/8, 1/10, 1/12, 1/18, bring em all

Maybe a series between some tracks
Don't want to leave anyone out
Old 07-23-2008, 11:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FARMERSHOBBY

On Sun 8/3, @ 10a, we will be having a get together for guys to bring out the different types of cars and check the place out for themselves... We're gonna have a good top surface to race on here soon.

The track will be laid out out for some road course racing as well as the oval. I want to give you guys another form of racing. Racing is racing, sometimes you just have to change tires.. :roll:
hey, I'm all for racing, but Sunday for road course...that would make 4 tracks running the same day. That makes it tough on the people that want to race because you don't know who is going to draw the crowd. I don't want it to be a battle to see where they all go each week, that isn't any fun. I would like to see at least 1 track run on Saturday on a regular basis. just my 2 cents. Also, on that day, it is the All star race at another track...that is a money race and that pull guys in from all across the state.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Saturdays

Originally Posted by rcfoolz
hey, I'm all for racing, but Sunday for road course...that would make 4 tracks running the same day. That makes it tough on the people that want to race because you don't know who is going to draw the crowd. I don't want it to be a battle to see where they all go each week, that isn't any fun. I would like to see at least 1 track run on Saturday on a regular basis. just my 2 cents. Also, on that day, it is the All star race at another track...that is a money race and that pull guys in from all across the state.
Just my opinion....I would like to see more saturday racing...Im tierd of driving on sundays to make the race & going to work on mondays...but i do it cause i feel the need to race...just seems like everybody races on sundays

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.