Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Florida Racing
Jacksonville $1.7 Million Track Proposed >

Jacksonville $1.7 Million Track Proposed

Jacksonville $1.7 Million Track Proposed

Old 03-13-2008, 05:04 PM
Tech Adept

Dave I apologize about the mention of Hobby Oasis but the contact email does read [email protected]! so it may not be your store but possibly someone affiliated?

We looked at the property off New Berlin but after hearing about rumors of the airplane guys complaining about the possibility of frequency conflicts with the off road track there was also the fact that COJ does not own that land and would have to acquire it from the power company first. Then after that was done we would have to start from scratch. The track project would have to go through all the trials and bureaucracy and it would easily take another 2 or more years to just get to starting construction.

Whom ever the other party is thats trying to hog maxville to themselves is just going to have to accept the fact that they need to make some room for an off road track as well. We were neighborly enough to include all forms of R/C land vehicles when we started with our proposal and I don't think it's too much to expect the same from everyone else.
Old 03-13-2008, 05:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Maybe we can get the City to foot the bill for a moving track system on rails, so we can have both.
Old 03-13-2008, 05:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by HookaMega
Dave I apologize about the mention of Hobby Oasis but the contact email does read [email protected]! so it may not be your store but possibly someone affiliated?

We looked at the property off New Berlin but after hearing about rumors of the airplane guys complaining about the possibility of frequency conflicts with the off road track there was also the fact that COJ does not own that land and would have to acquire it from the power company first. Then after that was done we would have to start from scratch. The track project would have to go through all the trials and bureaucracy and it would easily take another 2 or more years to just get to starting construction.

Whom ever the other party is thats trying to hog maxville to themselves is just going to have to accept the fact that they need to make some room for an off road track as well. We were neighborly enough to include all forms of R/C land vehicles when we started with our proposal and I don't think it's too much to expect the same from everyone else.

dude your a joke.
Old 03-13-2008, 05:46 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by davepull
dude your a joke.
Is that the best you can do? Punk!
Old 03-13-2008, 06:04 PM
Tech Master

lol yah keyboard courage.

so lets get this straight. the same group of off road guys that told the city back in 03-04 thanks but no thanks when offered property on beach blvd. it now all mad that they have been left out.

let me ask you this what was wrong with harry's track what was wrong with the place in middleburg? nothing is ever good enough for you guys all you do is complain about everything.

Hobby World in jax offered up the land for a track and even got some dirt for you guys and that wasn't good enough either.
Old 03-13-2008, 06:07 PM
Tech Rookie

well onwer of hobby oasis you are wrong about the racing on sunday and not changing to saturday. And we Did not turn down any track location that the city has supposedly gave us. The city was giving us the run around on different locations. So by calling the offroad racers to STUBBORN to concede your Sunday racing. Thats real smart of you owing a r/c business to say that.
Rumors, Rumors, Rumors

James Hooper
Old 03-13-2008, 06:26 PM
Tech Master

well I was around back in 03-04 with a offroad truck waiting and the things i have posted we're what was going on back then.
Old 03-13-2008, 06:29 PM
Tech Regular

Cannot believe I wasted time on this thread, and design work. It does not matter how professional a presentation is to the City, if they have to deal with all this BS during a meeting they are sure to reject any proposal. I would honestly rather drive to Tampa than to attend a meeting and have to listen to this, because I am sure all the haters will be there sitting in the front row blurting out their opinions.
Old 03-13-2008, 06:36 PM
Tech Adept

what was wrong with harry's track
Harry's closing was beyond our control, there were some businesses next to it that did not like the dust so they constantly complained about it. Without going into too much more detail it was a combination of the city pulling the plug on the use permit and the land being sold.
Old 03-13-2008, 06:42 PM
Tech Master

and the hobby world deal?
Old 03-13-2008, 06:47 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bbunker
I am sure all the haters will be there sitting in the front row blurting out their opinions.
Where not as unorganized as you might think. I have said it many times already here. We included everybody last summer when we were organizing a proposal for this project for the city. Now all the sudden we are haters for expecting the same from other R/C racers.
Old 03-13-2008, 06:52 PM
Tech Rookie

let me ask you this what was wrong with harry's track what was wrong with the place in middleburg? nothing is ever good enough for you guys all you do is complain about everything.

Hobby World in jax offered up the land for a track and even got some dirt for you guys and that wasn't good enough either
Harry's track was closed in part by the city. The off-road people started trying to get a city track before Middleburg became big (so to speak). No offense to Jamrock but it really does not have the space for big races.

Funny you mention Hobby World. Since buying my off-raod RC at that store 2 years ago I asked about off-road tracks. They said I qoute" we are suppose to build a track here, but the guy we wanted to build it got sick, and we have not moved forward". hmmmm

Again facts are not 100% straight. While we are at it don't you on-road people have a track at 103??
Old 03-13-2008, 06:53 PM
Tech Master

funny us local hobby world racers never heard a thing about it
Old 03-13-2008, 07:01 PM
Tech Adept

funny us local hobby world racers never heard a thing about it
Well your fellow on road'er Bill came to our meetings at Harry's when we were organizing this stuff. I'm pretty sure Harry made attempts whether they were successful or not to contact Hobby World and get flyers over to them.

If you search this Florida Racing forum you will find threads advertising the proposed venture with the city last summer.

Last edited by HookaMega; 03-13-2008 at 07:12 PM.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:09 PM
Tech Regular

I mentioned no names in my post, I have just been to several City meetings and I see how things are handled. I will be at that meeting regardless. If I were to have received a post stating, could you design a track layout that accomodates both onroad and offroad in that space, I would have done it and proposed it to the City as well. When I posted on this thread I had no idea that it would turn into a battle.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.