Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Florida Racing
Attn. FL racers (must read)((not a b.s. subject)) >

Attn. FL racers (must read)((not a b.s. subject))

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Attn. FL racers (must read)((not a b.s. subject))

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 04:04 PM
Tech Regular

Default Attn. FL racers (must read)((not a b.s. subject))

please read the whole thing it's my genious plan to save oval racing in FL

no I'm not going to waste time worrying about punctuation and proper grammar/spelling

a few days ago I was at my buddies house checking out his collection of dale earnhardt collectables one of them just so happened to be an r/c car(he's not into r/c at all) immediately it came to me so I asked him where did you get this he said wal mart so I studied the body and concluded that it is a stolen mold of a protoform 02 hd monte carlo with a very nice D.E. sticker kit already put on for you the wheels are the same as any touring car (very nice)adjustable tie rods pop right on (very nice) the motor is a very akward size and shape closed endbell to keep cheaters like me thinkin (very very nice) it uses a 9.6volt sealed radio shack like aa type battery (very nice) the suspension is very interesting and allows more suspension options than any pan car honestly (very nice)it only cost $35.00 (the best part)

you can literally go racing for less than 50 dollars

it will attract new racers because 1)its cheap 2)no assembly 3)it looks like dale earnhardt's last car ... shooooooey I recon thats 1 nice ride

it will attract old oval head left turn junkies because 1) same as #3 shown above 2) its the perfect option class 3) cheap 4) it's way more realistic than any half sprint car half late model half intertube half sponge pan car that you see at an oval race 5) any 200mm oval body is a direst fit 6) close racin

I plan to bring it to the speedway spectacular to debut it

its the bomber of r/c

this is all i feel like typing for now so please comment and let me know your opions

unfortunately the camera has been hiding from me for the past week so I don't have any pics put I'll get some on here by tomorrow night

Todd Allen

Last edited by adootindotin; 03-06-2008 at 04:36 PM.
Old 03-06-2008, 04:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

what a wonderful idea todd. i think this is one of the best things you thought of in your long list of good ideas. So let me ask you this...what happens when something breaks? Do we call up china and tell them to send over replacement parts over night for like god only knows how much money. Or how about the high dollar radios complete without dual rate and trims so steeering is like an on off switch...or we have to pull over and have a buddy adjust trim on the under side of the car.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:06 PM
Tech Regular

good questions

you know how radioshack has those new 1/18th scale trucks that you can actually buy spare parts for .. well wal mart copied them, you follow me (yes you can order spare parts)

but I think Roberto Falcon is the only person that could manage to break one of these things anyway

the radios are just as good as any traxxas radio and yes they are pistol type radios, I can't decide whether or not electronic swaps should be allowed or not, It would be very easy if you did want to do it though

thanks for you input jimmy those questions are fine examples of why everyone should put in their 2 cents

p.s. you havent changed 1 bit since I got out of rc you are still an a.h. and you still have L.d.s.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:09 PM
Tech Regular

also maybe instead of wal mart cars maybe old cheap tub type touring cars colud be an option, but that wolud be much more expensive so lets try to get the wal mart cars goin
Old 03-06-2008, 05:11 PM
Tech Master

I think these are far better investments and the racing would be much more funner. http://youtube.com/watch?v=6bLp0sQgmas&feature=related
Old 03-06-2008, 05:11 PM
Tech Regular

32 views and 3 replies 2 of them being mine wont cut it

if you care about this sport/hobby you'll post your opinions
Old 03-06-2008, 05:15 PM
Tech Regular

thats i nice truck but it's off topic so if you want to discuss that then you should go to http://www.bigredneckofftopicrctrucks.com
Old 03-06-2008, 05:24 PM
Tech Master

I'm sure this wont be t-spec revisited. However...these look more entertaining then walmart oval cars.http://youtube.com/watch?v=TJ5I4nn1bZ0&feature=related
Old 03-06-2008, 05:47 PM
Tech Regular

ok this is getting out of control

althought it may not seem like it i am really serious about this, laugh now but when I win sportsman with my first test car at the speedway race it won't be funny anymore
Old 03-06-2008, 05:58 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by adootindotin
32 views and 3 replies 2 of them being mine wont cut it

if you care about this sport/hobby you'll post your opinions
so the truth comes out the reason rc is in the pits and still heading downwards isn't because of the economy, globalwarming, or not even hackers like mark burt its actually because nobody gives 2 cents
Old 03-06-2008, 06:49 PM
Tech Regular

for real guys

can you even remember when oval ran 6 cell?
most of you probably didn't know that they did, I think it was right around the turn of the century, oval race entries were at an all time low, Mike Boylan (the god of oval rc) said to himself hey these cars are really light so instead of having outrageous amounts of power lets run 4 cells instead of 6, many people thought he was out of his mind and that would never work, well look at rc oval today and in the past 8 years (roughly) the only race in the world that I can think of that isn't 4 cell is the 6 cell invitational type race at the birds, just a few years ago touring car racing took a nose dive, so somebody (not sure who this time) said hey lets copy boylan and get the entries up, those cars are so heavy that 4 cells just wouldnt cut it so they went with 5 (rather than 6), guess what it worked modified touring entries went up state wide

so if that story didn't cut it the point is. I'm pretty sure this idea is a good 1

just in case you were wondering:
1)that story is true to my memory and knowledge(some stuff may be a little off don't get royaly pissed about it)
2)Mike Boylan really is know throughout the world as the god of oval rc. he came up with the ideas for: snowbirds, 4 cell , race rock, I think speedway spectacular was a combo of a few ppl not so sure, thunder racing, this list could go on and on

again this info could be wrong it is based of what i have heard from multiple sources over the years
Old 03-06-2008, 06:55 PM
Tech Regular

just to clarify i don't think that wal mart cars will take over pan cars, i think it wolud make a good alternate class
Old 03-06-2008, 06:59 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

it already started

j/k
Old 03-06-2008, 07:06 PM
Tech Regular

redneck or hilbily racing team would have probably been better but that was ok
Old 03-06-2008, 07:09 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by adootindotin
redneck or hilbily racing team would have probably been better but that was ok
maybe the nationals will be held in Bithlo or Christmas??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.