Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR Region 4 Chat

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2003, 11:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default ROAR Region 4 Chat

Region 4, which is the entire state of Florida. Ask questions about our region here. Ask the bullfrog !
Old 06-18-2003, 05:35 AM
Tech Champion

Bill, what regionals are coming up ?

Thanks
Old 06-18-2003, 07:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

not official yet because it has to be approved by the ROAR VP. (September 6th-7th Off-Road @ Minregg).
Old 07-01-2003, 04:27 PM
Tech Champion

Bill what is the deal with the regionals in region 4 ?

I was told last year that for electric, the State series qualify as the regional champs, but then this year you asked for clubs to bid for regional events ??????

EDIT

Tim Potter
[email protected]

Last edited by TimPotter; 07-04-2003 at 03:11 PM.
Old 07-01-2003, 04:34 PM
Suspended

I do agree to a certain degree.

Grantit, Bill has helped me somewhat by putting my articles in the rev-up magazines, but the other things written in there were absolutely negative. that's not a good way to attract new racers and make people feel good about our sport.

My personal experiences with trying to find information on the Region 4 On-Road Fuel Championships have also been a bit of a roller coaster. I'm the "go-to" guy for the On-Road Gas State Series and i've been bombarded with questions on the region 4 race, because it held us up with finishing the 2003-2004 schedule.

Is there something wrong Bill? Because from my standpoint, you just seem like a bitter old guy.. your words in Rev-Up about "I guess nobody else cares <or something to that effect>" tell it all..

just my $.02

Let the bashing/flaming/words of hatred begin!
Old 07-01-2003, 06:52 PM
Tech Elite

Angry regionals

ever since they took georga and alabama awy it really didnt matter anymore for us here.
suposibly joe fritas said hes trying to put it on and i dont understand why the vp of roar needs to get involed. they put us alone down here as if were red headed step children.
Old 07-01-2003, 06:56 PM
Tech Elite

Red face regionals

after attending the nationals last week i think mdi can more than handle a freigan regional. come on lets get for real cant be more difficult than a damn state race.
Old 07-01-2003, 06:59 PM
Suspended

Amen brother!
Old 07-01-2003, 07:29 PM
Tech Champion

to those concerned:
The ROAR VP has to OKAY ALL Level 3 and 4 events. That's the way it's always been.You send the region director the bid - he gives his okay and gives it a number and then we have to send it to the VP.I usually do this in afew days after recieving it.
As for information that I've talked about - lately the only person sending anything is the nitro on-road. As I've said no body cares anymore.I can't get any response from the off-road series. The same could be said about my on-road series. I asked serveral people to send just two paragraphs about the races I did not attend. Still haven't recieved anything.I went to the last race and will have something to report myself.
As for the regionals I can change my mind and try something. The last regionals for on-road electric was in the early 90's. It was combined with a state race in Naples.That was also when we had many more racers racing in the series.Times have changed- the series is smaller and its a way to possibly get some more racers.
Only one club has ever gotten a big race the first year they were in existance.They had experienced personnel .At the time I talked with MDI they had none.To my knowledge they haven't hosted a state race yet.They have one on the books but it's not been held.I would like to have someone with experience to host a regional event.I also rely on feed back about the track and how thing went at the race.
So far Joe was the first to approach me about hosting a regional back in September.He's had the experience to run this type of event.Between September and December I changed my mind and decided it was time to bring the region race back.I still would like an experienced club to host this race. But to this date Joe has not sent me any paperwork saying that he's interested. This weekend I'll try to contact him.
Yes I'm a tired old man that's said this was my last go around as region director.I know what I've done to help our state grow and still growing.It's not like it was back in the 80's-90's.We now have close to 1000 racers in ROAR.
Now what do you the racers want me to do?
Old 07-01-2003, 08:36 PM
Tech Champion

Bill, I understand the issue with experience, but lets pull togther and find someone to helpout, so we can get those guys to qualify for the race. I would rather have a regional, albeit a smaller one.. then none at all. You are the region director, I am sure you pull more weight to help get this off the ground. On anther subject, if you want a report on the fseara race, I will be happy to furnish one. I figured you went, so none was needed for us. Maybe you should solict a liason for each of the series. Not the directors, as they have thier hands full, but someone else that can get you the info you request. Make it worth thier while.. maybe 5 bones off thier ROAR renewal. Something....
Old 07-01-2003, 08:38 PM
Tech Champion

I have tried to get a cross hobby Forum going here for the whole state... seems to be working pretty good.
Old 07-02-2003, 03:42 AM
Tech Champion

Spooky I had someone volunteer- John Grant.
Old 07-02-2003, 04:07 AM
Tech Initiate

Default MDI and State Series

Hi guys,
I would like to say that I truly beleive MDI can handle this race. The facility is awesome! It's a permanent and fun track, computer system is setup and working properly, and the guys running it have been racing for a long time, and know what needs to happen and when.

There's plenty of parking, facility has airconditioning, food vendor, REAL restrooms with running water, etc. Most importantly, there's guys that want to make this happen!

I would not hesitate at all signing up for ANY race they hold, and I invite you all to come check it out and decide from what you see, and not count them out just because they've never held this race before.

WE ALL HAVE TO START SOMEWHERE. Just like walking, running, riding a bike, etc. we all had to just "do it" to get started. With the attitude of not letting a new club "TRY", how can it ever succeed?
Old 07-02-2003, 06:02 AM
Tech Initiate

I Totally agree that MDI can handle a large race. I think an organization like ROAR should be totally behind a track in south Florida and support a race and find help if needed. One if the frustrating things with this hobby for me are the evolving tracks here in south Florida and the equipment I have purchased to try and keep up with the tracks coming and going. South Florida is a very large community and this hobby will never reach it's potential without a consistent track. This is the kind of support a track needs to earn revenue to stay open and we should find way to help as part of the hobby TEAM!
Old 07-02-2003, 07:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have raced at several of the country's "better known" facilities and I must say that the crew at MDI is more than capable of running a Region 4 race. The facility is conveniently located 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile from the Florida turnpike and is situated in a Mall that features everything previous posts have mentioned...first and foremost its indoors(Rain or shine we WILL race) It's air-conditioned, "real" restrooms, Food, shopping for other members of the family that don't race. So as far as the location and the venue they are more than capable of holding a Region 4 race.

As for the crew, let's say that in fact they don't have experience holding major races. Would you not believe that someone who is trying to keep their racing facility open and profitable will do everything in their power to ensure that the race goes off without a hitch? If you ask me, I'll take a new facility and an eager crew who is willing to do whatever it takes to put on a good show than run somewhere the racers themselves won't matter much but the money will. So Mr. Fraden if I had the opportunity to vote, I would say give them the opportunity. If they suceed you will look like a genius and if as you believe they fail then you where still right. Nothing to lose everything to gain.

Just my .02 cents...Keep the change Spooky! LOL.

Go MDI!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.