FSEARA Thread

Old 09-19-2003, 04:54 PM
Tech Master

ok good tip 6 minutes suggestion
Old 10-04-2003, 09:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

John, can we try to schedule the Daytona race in any other month, other then October ? They have alot going on in Daytona in that month.
Old 10-04-2003, 09:39 AM
Tech Master

I think mike bean wants that month for whatever reason. yes we probably could schedule it in a different month but the promoter has to be able and willing for that month.
Old 10-04-2003, 02:37 PM
Tech Elite

tim theres no reason to hold it any other month then october
biketober fest is the week before and only for one weekend whats the big deal i have been doing it since mike b's first race and there isnt anything else sceduled in daytona that month other than the pumpkin run the all nite event for dirt bike which doesnt interfere with us, if we were running there during feb or march then it would be a problem with speed week bike week and spring break, i think your mixing up the events with each other tim!
Old 10-07-2003, 01:02 PM
Tech Champion

Hector, I was just asking, as having it in Daytona, changes the weekend from the 3rd to the 4th... this year. I dont really care, just thought it would be easier for Mike to schedule...
Old 10-26-2003, 05:18 PM
Tech Champion

John, what were the results from the voting for the new rules for next year ?

Also, maybe we should have been more concise on the ballot with some of the votes. The suggestion for 6 minute racing was for stock only. I know some people had questions on that one...

Thanks,
Tim
Old 10-27-2003, 08:52 AM
Tech Master

The results for the ballot have been posted over at the official Fseara web site. I would also like to mention that we are looking inot some new forums on our site. Ed has posted a new version of forums for us to try. Good jod Ed keep it coming. Please go to the Fseara site and check it out.

http://www.fseara.com/Frames/on-road-forum.htm
Old 10-27-2003, 01:08 PM
Tech Champion

I applaud Ed for all of his hard work and effort on the site. John, I have started a thread for the FSEARA series here only to help faciliate growth. Club secific forums tend to be little posted on and lightly read. A forum here gets a huge amount of "Click By Traffic" to help our series get more visiblility. Obviously what we have been doing to grow the series is not helping and we need to take bigger steps. I am in no way begrudging Ed for any of his donated time and work, just saying that we need a bigger presence.

I resent the comments made about this forum @ Minnreg.
Old 10-27-2003, 01:26 PM
Tech Champion

I am also going to go out on a limb here and make some comments that have not been made.

1. Dirty Laundry... is what it is. Whether it is aired here or aired from heresay. But, at least it is in the open and we can start to resolve the problems. If we do not talk about it, we do not solve it. People in other parts of the county don't give a sh%^ about our problems, they have thier own similar ones to deal with.

2. Our series is getting lower and lower racer counts every race. there are alot of issues why this is happening, but someone has to step up and take control. There are soo many different things competeing for our time, that we have to make it worthwhile to come to the races. This talk about how it used to be needs to stop, it needs to be "How the future looks". We have some phenominal racers in this state, and most of them are fed up with the "scene".

3. I would like to see a business plan for the series for next year. Something that will map the growth, and something that we can try to march to.

4. Our rules need to be more consise. Specifically the type of classes that people should enter. I mean a novice guy should be moved up when he is running b main stock times. As well as some people should not be running stock, when they are State or National Champions. The quality of the racing increases the number, not the other way around. We can come up with solutions for every issue, we just have to admit it is a problem.I know the comment about making the rest of us step up, and somewhat agree with it. But how hard is it to make a Pro Stock class for those that are not investing huge amounts of money to support the series for the entire year.< edit> after consideration and discussion on this thread, prolly not a good idea, but surely a comprimise can be made. <edit> The series loses the integrity that the individual racers lack.

Last edited by TimPotter; 10-28-2003 at 05:22 PM.
Old 10-27-2003, 02:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Well said Tim, I completely agree with you, especially on your fourth point.
Old 10-27-2003, 04:04 PM
Tech Adept

Well said Tim, and I completely agree.
Old 10-27-2003, 05:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Tim #4 is something that needed to be fixed a long time ago. There is no reason for any one like me who is a novice to bother running novice when there are people in that class who can run with the b mains of the stock class. Full sponsorship is the reason given at one race by someone doing just that.
Old 10-27-2003, 06:07 PM
Tech Master

TIM, TONY, STEPHEN AND ANYONE ELSE INTERESTED,
THERE WAS NEVER SUPPOSED TO BE A FULL ON CHAMPIONSHIP FOR NOVICE CLASS. IT JUST BLOSSOMED OUT THAT WAY. POINT THE FINGER AT ME I GUESS FOR NOT FORCING JUSTIN TO MOVE UP AND OUT SOONER. ITS NOT PERSONAL JUSTIN BUT THEY ARE RIGHT. ON THE POINT ABOUT THE RACE COUNTS BEING LOWER THIS YEAR I CAN EXPLAIN THAT..... 1ST MINNREG JANUARY RACE DATE CHANGED 3 TIMES IN THREE WEEKS AND IT WAS TOO CLOSE TO XMAS FOR ALOT OF PEOPLE TO BE ABLE TO AFORD TO RACE. SECOND MDI'S RACE HAD 2 PROBLEMS AS WELL. AS I SAW IT PEOPLE THAT DIDNT RUN THERE OR HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THAT RACE BAD MOUTHED BEFORE GIVING STEVE AND COMPANY A CHANCE TO PROVE THEM SELVES. SECOND MOST ALL OF THE BETTER ATTENDED RACES HAVE HAD 30-50 LOCALS THAT FILLED OUT THE FIELD. WHILE MDI'S LOCALS DID FILL OUT THE GRID THEY WERE NOT ON THE ORDER OF 30-50 OF THEM. I PERSONNALLY LIKED THAT RACE. THIRD MINNREG THE LAST TIME. THEY DECIDED TO TRY SOME LESS THAN DESIRABLE SCHEDULING THAT CAUSED AN UPROAR. THAT INTURN CAUSED THEM TO LOSE ENTRIES FROM THE OVAL CROWD AND THE ON-ROAD CROWD. IF YOU CONSIDER THOSE THREE RACES WERE MINUS 30 DRIVERS (CONSERVATIVE ESTIMATE) YOU HAVE APPROXIMATELY 100 DRIVERS FOR EACH EVENT LEADING UP TO EDGEWATER. EDGEWATER BY THE WAY HAS ITS OWN PROBLEMS. ONE OF WHICH BEING ITS PHYSICAL LOCATION. NOTHING AGAINST MIKE BEAN AND HIS CREW THEY DO A GOOD JOB. BESIDES THAT ISSUE WE ALL KNOW THAT THREE CHAMPIONSHIPS WERE DECIDED BEFORE THAT RACE EVENT STARTED. I SAW AN ATTENDANCE ISSUE THIS YEAR BUT NOT FOR THE REASONS IMPLIED ABOVE iIN TIM POTTERS POST. AT LEAST THAT IS MY OPINION. AS FAR AS MAKING A PLAN FOR THE FUTURE GROWTH OF THE SERIES I AM HEARING YOU. I MUST EMPHASIZE THAT THE PLAN AS IT STANDS NOW IS TO RAISE OUR BRAND RECOGNITION THROUGH VARIOUS MEANS OF ADVERTISING AS WELL AS ADDING NEW VENUES TO OUR SCHEDULE IN AN ATTEMPT TO GET NEW BLOOD TO SEE AND JOIN OUR SERIES. ON THE SCHEDULE FOR NEXT YEAR ARE FOUR NEW RACE VENUES. THAT MAKES SOMETHING LIKE 45 PERCENT OF OUR SCHEDULE AS NEW. WE ARE DOING THINGS THAT WERE DONE IN THE PAST AND WERE DROPPED FOR VARIOUS REASONS. ONE OF THOSE THINGS WOULD BE THE RAFFLE. CURRENTLY FOR THE 2004 SEASON A OF TODAY I HAVE FIRM COMMITMENTS FROM TRINITY AND ASSOCIATED TO SPONSOR OUR SERIES FOR THE YEAR. I HAVE SOFT COMMITMENTS FROM 4 OTHER MAJOR MANUFACTURERS TO DO THE SAME. I DONT KNOW WHAT THE PERCEPTION IS OF MY GUIDANCE OF THE FLORIDA STATE SERIES BUT TRUST ME WHEN I TELL YOU THAT I AM DOING A LOT OF HARD WORK TO MAKE IT GROW AND PROSPER. IF YOU FOLKS ONLY KNEW HOW HARD I WORK BETWEEN RACES TO GET THINGS READY. I AM NOT ASKING FOR SYMPATHY HERE BUT I AM JUST STATING FACTS. POINT THREE FROM MY SOAP BOX IS THAT THE RULES DO NEED TO BE A LOT MORE CONCISE. I THIK THAT WE HAVE A GREAT RULES PACKAGE EXCEPT THAT VERY FEW HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT THAT COMPLETE PACKAGE IS. I WILL BE PRINTING UP SOME COPIES OF THE BYLAWS SOON AND I WOULD EXPECT THAT PEOPLE SHOULD READ AND UNDERSTAND THE ENTIRE PACKAGE. AT ONE POINT I STARTED TRYING TO PUT THE OLD BYLAWS ON THE WEBSITE. BUT THEY WERE NEVER COMPLETED BECAUSE OF A GLITCH IN THE SOFTWARE. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT I AM NOT TAKING THIS PERSONAL. I CAN ALWAYS USE CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. SO PLEASE FEEL FREE TO KEEP THE LINES OF COMMUNICATION OPEN. ALSO PLEASE BE AWARE OF OUR CURRENT CONFIGURATION WERE RULES CHANGES ARE CONCERNED.

THANX,
JOHN MALIN

Last edited by John Malin; 10-28-2003 at 07:35 AM.
Old 10-27-2003, 06:46 PM
Tech Adept

Yes John, even at the races i'm aware of you doing and talking about things to do to better the series in the future.

Check your PM.
Old 10-27-2003, 06:51 PM
Tech Champion

John, thanks for the reply, Nothing on this forum or any other(from me ) is an actual or implied personal attack. I dont think anyone is saying any of this is directly your fault, other then the comment about this forum I am calling you to the rug on. Regradless of that, I still think the issue with Justin is a problem. A provision for year end trophies can be made for those guys that have to bump up because of talent . We need to be making the Novice class something some what near competetive<edit>

Last edited by TimPotter; 10-27-2003 at 09:40 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.