Wiki Posts
Search

Video Games Make CBSTV Before RC Does

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 12:33 PM
Tech Elite

Exclamation Video Games Make CBSTV Before RC Does

Video Games Make CBSTV Before RC Does.

For anyone that thinks that RC racing is not a Sport, check out CBS’s Saturday Sports Spectacular. Its called “Video Game Superstars”

As I start this thread, I’m watching a TV show on “Professional Video Gamers”, I can’t believe it! It’s ridiculous and yet it’s on TV. They’re doing interviews and stories about what they’re calling a “Sport” They say it takes hard work and dedication to be a “video superstar”.

I say that everyone RC racer should consider themselves a RC Racing Professional from now on.

If you guys ever want to see RC Racing on TV and treated with respect by industries we have to start today. RC Racing is a Sport, say it, believe it, promote it, don’t take “no” for an answer.

Stop calling it a “hobby”, a hobby is collecting stamps or coins or beanie babies. If stamps could race it would be a sport too.

On behalf of RC Pro, I am outraged that RC racing didn’t get there 1st.

As the Director of Event Marketing for RC Pro, I hope we’ll stand as one voice to show the world that RC Racing is a Sport.

STARTING 2007 RC RACING IS A SPORT!
Old 12-30-2006, 05:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Video Games Make CBSTV Before RC Does.

For anyone that thinks that RC racing is not a Sport, check out CBS’s Saturday Sports Spectacular. Its called “Video Game Superstars”

As I start this thread, I’m watching a TV show on “Professional Video Gamers”, I can’t believe it! It’s ridiculous and yet it’s on TV. They’re doing interviews and stories about what they’re calling a “Sport” They say it takes hard work and dedication to be a “video superstar”.

I say that everyone RC racer should consider themselves a RC Racing Professional from now on.

If you guys ever want to see RC Racing on TV and treated with respect by industries we have to start today. RC Racing is a Sport, say it, believe it, promote it, don’t take “no” for an answer.

Stop calling it a “hobby”, a hobby is collecting stamps or coins or beanie babies. If stamps could race it would be a sport too.

On behalf of RC Pro, I am outraged that RC racing didn’t get there 1st.

As the Director of Event Marketing for RC Pro, I hope we’ll stand as one voice to show the world that RC Racing is a Sport.

STARTING 2007 RC RACING IS A SPORT!

And how much money do you think is behind getting thet "sport" on tv? Gaming is a big industry we aren't even a drop in the bucket!

Bro as an industry ( even if all manufactures worked together) they dont have enough money.

There are also millions of gamers out there versus thounsands of rc racers!

Also guess there are a alot more geeks then we thought!
Old 12-31-2006, 08:16 AM
Tech Elite

Default Video

I started this thread to shed light on the fact that the American media is desperately searching for sporting activities to offer to advertisers as an exciting new vehicle to promote their “Brands” & “Services”.

They search for lower cost alternatives to more expensive sports like Football or Baseball or Basketball. The media giants will try any sport at this point. This year we’ve seen: Rock Paper Scissors, Eating, Elimination Blackjack and now Video Game Championships. What’s next, Thumb Wrestling?

RC Pro is working for a change in the general public's perception of our Sport.

Waa Waa, so much crying, Waa,we don't have money, Waa nobody loves us,Waa we can't compete with them.

In the world of Biz, there is no room for tears.

Want to see a change? Support RC Pro Events and you'll see changes in our Sport of RC Racing.
Old 12-31-2006, 10:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

As much as it kills me to say this....Hector is right... AAARRRGGHH!!! It must be the apocalypse!! LOL!! Seriously though, you don't think Microsoft has a few more pennies to spend than all of the RC manufacturers combined with 25 3rd world countries? Be real, its all about the Benjamins...if FOX could make a buck by showing RC racing they would. Until then......
Old 01-01-2007, 03:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)
Default info

I don't think your dream will ever come true. We will probaly never see R\C racing on NBC.
I know I get way more usage out of a $50 game that will some times take me 2 or 3 month to finish over a set of tires that I'll probaly burn up in one day.

THat's just my .00000002

Last edited by RED-LINE M03; 01-01-2007 at 03:13 PM. Reason: .
Old 01-01-2007, 03:41 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks Butter!

Also guys take note R/c was at its peak in the 80's and early 90's. R/c WAS the in thing "popular trend" . If video gaming had better graphics then pong and pac man I bet r/c would have had less people then. Dude as a generation of racers we are car happy. Today kids dont care, they do however like drifting. Why ? because its been highlighted in movies ( fast n furious ) .

In order to get the Hobby/sport main stream you will have to go after the tuner and racing full scale fans by targeting them. If your not an auto enthusiest its not appealing.

In the 70's r/c anything was pioneering for technology, now its computer gaming.

I wont say its imposible but with some strong marketing, and cash backing anything is possible.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:18 AM
Tech Adept

I think the biggest reason that video games are far more popular and always will be is that they are affordable to the consumer. Hense there are more people buying them. So video games have a much bigger market share. Your average teenager can afford a $50 video game for the gaming console that his parents got him for his birthday or x-mas which cost them less than $500.

To be competative in R/C your lookng at a couple thousand dollars to get started then the cost of parts and racing/travel expenses to make use of your inital investment for the equipment to race. One of the biggest factors on whether the average racer will attend a race or not is if they can afford to spend the money that weekend.

There is just no comparison, R/C is more like kart or dirt bike racing. If you want to race it's gonna cost you some cash. Every time you put fuel in an 1/8 scale car and put in on the track it's costing you money. And if you traveled out of town to get there then you already spent money before even putting fuel in your car. Video games can be played over and over again in the comfort of your own home for the same $50.

What I would like to see is even down at the club level is prizes or cash being offered for winners. I cannot buy a new set of clutches or tires with bragging rights. In most main stream sports at the expert or pro level the participants are getting paid for being able to compete at that level. If you look at most anything that you do for entertainment on a regular basis that is costing you money with getting nothing more than the entertainment value itself in return is a better candidate for being labeled a hobby than a sport.

The concept of R/C racing going main stream provides more revenue for the product manufacturers and event promoters but whats in it for the racer/consumer? I hear more profit makers screaming for main stream than I do the guys in the pits at races. I am having a hard time seeing the benefit to the average Joe out there spending a couple hundred bucks a month on R/C products, race fees and travel expences in the event R/C was to go main stream.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:56 AM
Tech Elite

Smile Video

Hooka,

How about Cash Payouts, wouldn't that make it worth while?

Pro's make mula.
Old 01-02-2007, 11:46 AM
Tech Adept

Cash payouts would work for sure! But the keyword you mentioned was PRO! Most all of the PRO guys that compete at the R/C Pro series events are sponsored in one way or another already. I am further down on the food chain at the intermediate or expert level.

Cash payouts at a state series level is a step in the right direction, and not just at the pro level. Also working with sponsors to offer discounts to event participants would be another bonus. Or buying product from event sponsors gets you discounts on race fees. I'm sure there are some creative ways to give back to the consumer and make it a win win for everyone.
Old 01-02-2007, 12:59 PM
Tech Elite

Default Video

Hooka,

Do you race On or Off Road or both with RC Pro Series?
Old 01-03-2007, 09:58 AM

Problem is, manufactuers or local distributers basically sponsor most drivers to gain a market share of the business.I dont mean full, could be a partial.this not only hurts the hobby but it also hurts the LHS. Basically if your running state level events most likely your sponsored. You dont have to be a top driver anyone to get sonsored you can be top 30 at state level.
Remeber the industry needs to make money and if they are gonna cut there own throats then we cant expect the Sport as we want to think of it to grow.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:30 AM
Tech Adept

I have not raced either in a R/C Pro series event but I plan on taking part in the off road R/C Pro state series this year in FL.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:19 PM
Tech Elite

Default Video Games

Speedy
I hear you.

Hooka
That’s great you’re going to like it.

Thanks for your support of the RC Pro Series!
Old 01-12-2007, 10:02 AM
Tech Elite

Default Video Games

Attention All Women RC Racers

If you are thinking about attending the RC Pro Homestead Miami International Fuel Challenge, here’s an interesting update!

We just received a call from the International Speedway Public Relations Department and they’d like to do a story on women in RC.

Anyone interested please feel free to PM me.

Thanks for your support of RC Pro

Jeff Vargas
RC Pro
Event Marketing