Wiki Posts
Search

Jeff Flassig for Region 4 Director

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 10:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (96%+)
Default Jeff Flassig for Region 4 Director

I would like to announce my candidacy for Region 4 ROAR Director.

This is not a knee-jerk reaction to Mr. Pulifaco's recent announcement. This is something I've been thinking about for quite a long time. It just seems that with all the discussion that is taking place, I'd better throw my hat into the ring now.

For those of you who don't know me, I've been involved in this hobby since 1987. I've raced just about anything that you can strap a pack of batteries into; from Tamiya Hornets in the parking lot of a Biker Bar, Oval cars at Lake Whipporwill, dirt cars at G.O.A.R., to Pan Cars and now Touring cars in the F.S.E.A.R.A.

I'm ready to bring my 19 years of R/C experience to work for this Region!

My platform is simple:

1. Work to make ROAR officially recognize the 19t motor and develop a firm set of rules for the motor and the class.

2. Work to enhance benefits that ROAR affiliated race tracks receive.

3. Increase the level of customer service to ROAR members.

4. Develop a plan to incorporate brushless technology into existing racing events.

I would certainly appreciate your vote in the upcoming election. If you have any specific questions for me, don't hesitate to send a PM.

Thanks,

Jeff Flassig
Old 07-24-2006, 11:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

You got my vote....lawn jockey lover!
Old 07-24-2006, 12:11 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

got my vote
Old 07-24-2006, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

I am glad your putting your nuts on the line and running for Director. Good Luck!
Old 07-24-2006, 02:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for the support! If elected I promise to never molest a lawn jockey again! There, that should be incentive enough for some votes!
Old 07-24-2006, 03:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

You have my vote...
Old 07-24-2006, 03:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

vote # 7
Old 07-24-2006, 06:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

No you cant have mine your a bad role model wipping out your little jimster at state races
Old 07-24-2006, 09:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Finally someone I know wont beat around the bush Well since I'm no lawn Jockey you got my Vote.

One thing I can say about Jeff (that I can even say about myself) is that he never gets into silly pissing contests on the net wich is more than I can say about the current director or the other canidate. I don't know DavePull (he's probably a real nice guy) but I've read enough of his post on this forum to keep me from voting for him, and as far as Bill is conserned I don't have the decoder ring needed to unravel his code.

Jeff I sure hope you know what you're getting yourself into.

Roly
Old 07-25-2006, 04:53 AM
Tech Regular

You got my vote Jeff!
Old 07-25-2006, 06:00 AM
Tech Adept

Jeff do you have any plans or ideas regarding the off road group any ideas on promoting the off road state series?
Old 07-25-2006, 11:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by jkeeton
Jeff do you have any plans or ideas regarding the off road group any ideas on promoting the off road state series?
Jeff,
That's a good question. To fully answer it, I have to explain my philosophy on what a Region Director's role is and how I would approach the position.

The Director isn't a promoter for any one series or class of cars. The primary role of a Director is to be a conduit between the ROAR members in the region and the Executive Committee. It would be my job to communicate to ROAR what the members of Region 4 are doing (example would be 6 minute stock TC racing) or what they want out of the organization (firm rules/classes for Brushless motors).

The secondary role of a Region Director is to promote the Region to the rest of ROAR. By that, I mean lobby the organization to get the big National events held in Florida.

As far as growing a particular class. I leave that to the racers. The oval series in Florida is a perfect example. The oval racers weren't really organized. They had pockets of racers throughout the state, but essentially, they were very fragmented. Bill Sell wanted to do something about that. He, with the help of many others, started FOCAR. I was at a recent FOCAR race and I have to say, it was incredible to see what Bill (aka Katfish) had put together. The series now has a group of tracks that support the oval racers and the interest in Oval is growing throughout the Region.

There is no reason why someone (you? ) couldn't take the same approach as Bill did with FOCAR to grow any class you wanted - especially off-road. You know there is a big base of dirt racers out there, all you have to do is get them organzized again.

I hope I answered your question.
Old 07-25-2006, 12:14 PM
Tech Adept

Jeff,
The off road state series is by far the biggest series in the state with over 250 entires over a 2 day race between nitro and electric once a month it is very organzized, as a region director this should be something that you know. My questions to you is what role would you take in making the rest of the country understand that FL off road is one of the biggest in the country.

As a director I would think that your role is not only to lobby for the big races but to help grow all racing in Florida, and know what is going on with every series. The off road series have been doing a great job on there own, but it would be nice to see a director take a huge part in helping it grow even bigger. With the support of our director and the power of the pen a few nice write ups in rev-up we will start pulling more people from out of state.

I want a region director that takes an interest in all RC not just oval, or on road, but someone who puts forth the effort to support the off road group as well.

Our electric off road group is dieing every day and all though I dont know how to keep it alive you may.

JK
Old 07-25-2006, 12:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by jkeeton
Jeff,
The off road state series is by far the biggest series in the state with over 250 entires over a 2 day race between nitro and electric once a month it is very organzized, as a region director this should be something that you know. My questions to you is what role would you take in making the rest of the country understand that FL off road is one of the biggest in the country. JK
I didn't know that. Apologies to the off-road community for my ignorance! Everything I hear around my neck-of-the-woods is that off-road is disappearing. Guess those rumors are untrue.

One thing I would do if elected would be to stay in constant communication with assistant directors throughout the state (and appoint assistant directors where necessary). In the age of e-mail and cell phones it shouldn't be too hard to do. This way, the monthly Rev-up article would cover the region better. Additionally, I propose a more robust Region 4 presence on the web. When you go to the ROAR website and click on the link for our region you only get a listing of tracks (which by the way is out of date). There isn't a reason that we can't communicate news from this region anytime there's news to report - not just condensed monthly snipets in RevUp.

I believe the increased communication would do wonders for spreading the word about the off-road series - and all the racing in Florida - to the rest of the U.S.

To address your other concern, I am interested in all types of racing. I focus on on-road because that's where I started and that's what I'm best at. I keep tabs on the Oval guys because I have friends that are involved in that type of racing. I'm completely out of the loop regarding off-road, not because I don't like it, but because I don't get exposed to it. Same can be said of the hard-core nitro guys.

One last point I'd like to make: I may not be the most well-connected racer and I certainly can't quote the ROAR rulebook. What I do bring to the table are good communication skills, experience in project and people management, passion for customer service, excellent problem solving skills, a sense of fairness and a sense of humor. It has been my experience that you can get through just about anything life (or ROAR) can through at you if you use those skills.

Jeff
Old 07-25-2006, 01:23 PM
Tech Adept

The off road group is alive and well, and I know we as a group would love to see more interest in our side of racing. The off road 1/8 scale nats were last week with over 255 entries for one class and at least 30 of those were people from Florida three of which made the B Main which is awesome.

Off Road racing is huge and to my knolage Florida has one of if not the biggest series in the country, but yet we get no respect. Some of the fastest racers in the country are in Florida but yet they get no respect To me that has got to change.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.