Wiki Posts
Search

Inferno GT, Ofna GTP, TTR ER-1 or other forms of 1/8 Rally cars

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 05:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Inferno GT, Ofna GTP, TTR ER-1 or other forms of 1/8 Rally cars

If you own a 1/8 or 1/7 scale Rally style Car please post here. Looking for racers would like to get together to race these large scale rally style cars and wouldn't mind traveling to tracks located in Florida.
Old 06-04-2006, 07:57 PM
Tech Regular

I can't believe this site doesn't have an official Inferno GT thread! I'm about to order one of these and I can't believe I had to go to the "other" site to find a 17 page thread for the Inferno GT. I've never been a fan of anything in RC that isn't scale, and while the performance of 1/8 buggies have always impressed me, I just couldn't bring myself to get one. Never understood why they didn't just strap on a large sports car body on an 8th scale buggy and call it what a high horsepower, all wheel drive off road car should be - a rally car!
I can't wait for mine to come in. Dunno bout a drive to Daytona to race, though! No sweat, though, this class is going to see insane growth this year. Just watch.
Old 06-04-2006, 08:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Sammy,
Here is a site that might help you with Inferno GT purchase....

http://infernogt.proboards102.com/index.cgi?

I would be great if some guys could come down to race at Daytona with these larger scale car, but if owners of these types of cars can meet up at tracks which will allow them to run. There are other places in Florida that have some great tracks.
Old 06-04-2006, 08:38 PM
Tech Master

Hey Guys,

We have been thinking about starting a Spec class at Superior Hobbies for the Inferno GT cars. We like the look and realism of the cars. We would want to uphold that and would make it a requirement. I guess the key is to figure out how to limit the motors. Our track is not huge, 100ft straight or so, but the lanes will probably handle the cars. We want to see what interest there is and perhaps do a couple demo races with the big cars and see how it goes. Any input would be great.

Jeff
Old 06-05-2006, 08:19 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by vadn1
Sammy,
Here is a site that might help you with Inferno GT purchase....

http://infernogt.proboards102.com/index.cgi?

I would be great if some guys could come down to race at Daytona with these larger scale car, but if owners of these types of cars can meet up at tracks which will allow them to run. There are other places in Florida that have some great tracks.
Just registered there. Looks fairly new, but active nontheless.
Old 06-05-2006, 02:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jeff Brown
Hey Guys,

We have been thinking about starting a Spec class at Superior Hobbies for the Inferno GT cars. We like the look and realism of the cars. We would want to uphold that and would make it a requirement. I guess the key is to figure out how to limit the motors. Our track is not huge, 100ft straight or so, but the lanes will probably handle the cars. We want to see what interest there is and perhaps do a couple demo races with the big cars and see how it goes. Any input would be great.

Jeff

The race director should not limit the class just to the Inferno GT car because there are other manufactures which have similar cars... Ofna, Thunder Tiger, Crono... Maybe at first run these larger scale cars as open class...., .21 up to .28, single speed or two speed, foam or rubber tires, Touring car bodies a must. Most important is to see if there is enough interest in the class to have a race for them.
Old 06-26-2006, 10:11 PM
Tech Elite

What else do you want. just show up with what you have. I am sure they can accomedate you! Forget anylizing the proposition just go!
Old 06-28-2006, 10:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by speedxl
What else do you want. just show up with what you have. I am sure they can accomedate you! Forget anylizing the proposition just go!

I'm not about to drive an two hours round trip, take a day off from work, load all my RC equipment, spend $30.00 in gas, just to get to the track and be told that I can not race....
Old 06-29-2006, 07:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

I'm not about to drive an two hours round trip, take a day off from work, load all my RC equipment, spend $30.00 in gas, just to get to the track and be told that I can not race....
true
Old 07-04-2006, 10:48 AM
Tech Elite

Yo guy! they said they would let you race!! Guaranteed! get two more guys and you have a race. I know that a couple of their regulars have cars and would bring them out if you planned ahead of time and you wont loose a day!