Anyone ID this motor?

Old 05-06-2009, 04:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Anyone ID this motor?

I have a Fantom electric motor, it is ball raced, ballanced, adjustable timming and has a red and black label that says Fantom Modifieds. There is no label on the arm or the can to show the winds. I need to know how many turns this motor is, so i can run it in stock class.

Cheers, Brett.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:55 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Tech Head
I have a Fantom electric motor, it is ball raced, ballanced, adjustable timming and has a red and black label that says Fantom Modifieds. There is no label on the arm or the can to show the winds. I need to know how many turns this motor is, so i can run it in stock class.

Cheers, Brett.
Hi Brett,

Thank you for using a Fantom motor.

If it is labeled with a "Fantom Modifieds" label, you won't be able to use it in any stock class no matter what the wind is.

Regarding identifying the wind, we stamp the wind on the armature and label, however, over time the numbers can wear off from using motor cleaner, etc. If you cannot find a number stamped on the armature or label, I would need you to email me a digital photo of the pinion end of the armature. Sometimes we can identify the wind by the pattern it was wound with. I can't guarantee we can identify it, but without the stamp showing it is our only option. Please email a photo to [email protected]

Thanks,
Jeff
Fantom Racing