Wiki Posts
Search

WW-N-H/DTRC Mandan 2011 Summer Series

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 07:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
+1
if its a nitro class the rules should be nitro rules at all times not changing them from race to race I myself Like the 20 minute mains for all nitro Classes

Originally Posted by GeoffBakken
When you run 12 minute mains you have to stop once with a nitro car and not at all with an electric car, that is a big advantage already. When you run nitro it is fun to run a 20+ minute main and have to stop more than once. I think all nitro mains should be at least 20 minutes.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:08 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

whats wrong with noobcake in the A-main? I thought the A-main was the race that everyone had to qualify to be in. and also the B, C, D etc... mains are normally called the last chance qualifiers..what happens with JoPro who has a bad round of qualifiers and needs the B to try to get into the Main? He still and will always have to race the noobcakes to go on..as said in earlier posts there's going to be bump ups, to make it sound like you can't have the noobcakes and JoPros race together. With the uneven turnouts we have, we better take the good and bad and make something out of it.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NDHotbodies
whats wrong with noobcake in the A-main? I thought the A-main was the race that everyone had to qualify to be in. and also the B, C, D etc... mains are normally called the last chance qualifiers..what happens with JoPro who has a bad round of qualifiers and needs the B to try to get into the Main? He still and will always have to race the noobcakes to go on..as said in earlier posts there's going to be bump ups, to make it sound like you can't have the noobcakes and JoPros race together. With the uneven turnouts we have, we better take the good and bad and make something out of it.
If we seperate there may not be enough to have a B main. If we run E/ nitro together theres a better chance of having a b main.
I still would like to run nitro and electric seperate though.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Personally i'd rather run them together and keep the compitition as high as possible than split them up and have longer run times.... last year didnt a nitro buggy and an electric buggy finish the series tied in points.... it cant get closer than that so i would say electric doesnt have that much of an advantage.... my vote is to keep them together run 12 or 13 min mains and have 1 mandatory pit stop
Old 01-23-2011, 01:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I think 1/10th 2wd buggy should be strictly buggies, no trucks allowed.
Old 01-23-2011, 02:41 PM
Tech Addict

I edited the classes on the first page, is this better?
Old 01-23-2011, 05:13 PM
Tech Master

Dakota Thunder RC Car Club is now on facebook.... http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...995491&sk=wall

check for updates, results, pics, ect.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mike L.
Personally i'd rather run them together and keep the compitition as high as possible than split them up and have longer run times.... last year didnt a nitro buggy and an electric buggy finish the series tied in points.... it cant get closer than that so i would say electric doesnt have that much of an advantage.... my vote is to keep them together run 12 or 13 min mains and have 1 mandatory pit stop
Electrics do have advantages. No flame outs, no engine tuning, No going rich, no going lean, no clutch issues, more power, better breaking faster pitstop. The only real disadvantage they have is run time.

The rules for a class to run has been the same since the invetion of organized racing. X amount of cars makes a class. If there isn't enough cars to make a class they either don't race or you can add them into another class if others don't mind. The main issue is 1/8th nitro/electric. If there isn't enough of one or the other, such is life. Follow the rules for the class and that is that. If the main is 20 minutes do a battery swap. I would think with a little creativity 1 pitstop for a battery change would be pretty close to 3 stops for fuel.

Keep the discussion going guys. Lets get things sorted before the snow melts.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:19 PM
Tech Addict

Ive talked to about 4 guys with 1/10 gas trucks who said they would make the whole sereis, does any one else have one?
Old 01-23-2011, 05:23 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

I have a GT2 with a ton of parts I'd sell reasonably if someone wants it.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tqcookie
Electrics do have advantages. No flame outs, no engine tuning, No going rich, no going lean, no clutch issues, more power, better breaking faster pitstop. The only real disadvantage they have is run time.

The rules for a class to run has been the same since the invetion of organized racing. X amount of cars makes a class. If there isn't enough cars to make a class they either don't race or you can add them into another class if others don't mind. The main issue is 1/8th nitro/electric. If there isn't enough of one or the other, such is life. Follow the rules for the class and that is that. If the main is 20 minutes do a battery swap. I would think with a little creativity 1 pitstop for a battery change would be pretty close to 3 stops for fuel.

Keep the discussion going guys. Lets get things sorted before the snow melts.

3 fuel stops is going to be way faster than a battery change.... average pit stop for nitro should be well under 10 sec. so thats only 30 sec. max for the whole race. I dont think changing out a battery is going to be anywhere near that fast.Also alot of things can go wrong on an e-buggy too, ive seen them go up in smoke before.

I guess id just like a chance to beat tyler this year

Are you planning on racing the series this year cookie?
Old 01-23-2011, 07:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GeoffBakken
When you run 12 minute mains you have to stop once with a nitro car and not at all with an electric car, that is a big advantage already.
We always require a mandatory pit stop for electrics so we've eliminated this problem.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

In a perfect world, I'd like to have an all nitro 1/8th buggy class and a seperate class for 1/8 electric. You can't tell me that you wouldn't be more consistent with an electric vs nitro.

An E 1/8th can clear a triple with only a 2 foot run up from a dead stop.
No flame outs.
No engine stalls from a lawn dart landing or bad marshal ( hand over pipe).
No atmospheric effect on engine performance = unmatchable consistency.

I could go on and on... I say take a head count of how many e buggies there will be and if it's 4 or more then make another class. If there are less then run them together but keep the nitro rules, nitro rules.

Personally, I think anything less than a 20 min A Main for Buggy and Truggy is too short. It takes away from the realism of runing nitro. I also frown at the thought of driving 200 miles each way for a 12 and 15 min Buggy and Truggy main. Just my two pennies guys.

What ever you decide you know I'll be there.

Last edited by Torian4000; 01-24-2011 at 09:50 AM.
Old 01-24-2011, 02:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

between pingree and minot there are 8 electric 1/8th scalers already,

plus more looking at getting one so there should be enough to do a class if

they all show up,

i'm all for trying to do a pitstop and change batteries,
Old 01-24-2011, 02:47 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by buttsy
between pingree and minot there are 8 electric 1/8th scalers already,

plus more looking at getting one so there should be enough to do a class if

they all show up,

i'm all for trying to do a pitstop and change batteries,
So, a question to think about. In nitro racing, you depend on your pit guy(part of what makes it totally different than electric). Isn't it fair to say that in a 20 min race electric does a change of battery and it's equivalant to our 2/3 stops in nitro. If they have trouble with the battery change is that any different than us having a flameout leaving the pits with a nitro car?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.